bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tribulation Right Here  (Read 11496 times)

OBrenda

Re: Tribulation Right Here
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:32:42 AM »

I feel so wishy washy, because as I read everyone's posts, I'm like, "I get what he's saying, that makes sense".  Then a different person says another thoughtful viewpoint, and I'm like, "Wow, that's good too."  I agree with everyone.  What a mush I've become.   ;)  Great thread, thank you all for being here.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Hi Vangie,
IMO It's not really being wishy washy, but rather teachable!  Remember that it is the whole counsel of God that is the truth!  We have a sure foundation (Christ) here to build our house on.  It is only in the storm/adversity, that we find the weak beams that collapse under pressure.  So we toss them aside and rebuild with new and better.

(DigitialWise posted this scripture in another post, I Love it...)
Isaiah 30:20-22 (New International Version)   
20 Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. 21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." 22 Then you will defile your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, "Away with you!"

God is teaching us and directing us in every detail of our life. To experience joy looking at a butterfly, or (Boggie Woogie) And even especially through the very unpleasantand painfull things as we read above ADVERSITYAll things, lead us to the will of God.

When ever conflict arises, look around for what God is teaching us, find and search for the false idols and throw them away.

Remain Teachable...Just My Opinion My Sister... ;D
Brenda

Vangie

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 11:37:20 AM »

Great insight Brenda.  Thanks much, and I will definitely try to stay teachable...what a good word that is.  I remember when I first found Bible-Truths, I was appreciative that everyone was REAL, searching, asking, expressing....they weren't brainwashed dummies spouting pious mumbo jumbo. 

And I am still very much appreciative.  I feel blessed to just be here and be a part in these here "tribulations"! 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Kat

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 12:09:51 PM »

Hi George,

Please help me understand Who decides ultimately wether I do something or do nothing? I honestly thought God has planned for each and every life to be the way it is and where it is.

You are right it is ALL of God.  I read your story in the 'Who Am I' section, what a hard life you have had.  Now God has lead you to Ray's site and opened your eyes.  "the darkness is passing away, and the true light is already shining" (1John 2:8).  God doesn't need you to have anything to offer to use you in His work.  That's the reason I understand His bringing me here.  

1Co 1:26  For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
v. 27  But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
v. 28  and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
v. 29  that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Actually there is no way that you can qualify or earn or deserve to have faith to believe and understand this truth, it is a gift of God.

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
v. 9  Not of works, lest any man should boast.
v. 10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

So at this point I would suggest that you study Ray's teachings.  It will give you a good understanding of the basic Scriptural truths.  Then you will have more confidence to study the Scripture for yourself.

2Tim 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Take comfort in the knowledge it is not all up to you, but Christ in you that gives you hope of the glory that lies ahead.

Col 1:24  I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,
v. 25  of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,
v. 26  the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.
v. 27  To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.