bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused about something Ray said concerning what happens in the Lake of Fire  (Read 9744 times)

Paul

In this excerpt from http://bible-truths.com/part7.htm Ray seems to be saying that humans who're thrown into the Lake of Fire are annhilated or become unconcious (temporarily, of course), however, Kat says Ray means they'll be purified over the course of 1,000 years.

The humans who are resurrected are judged and thrown into the lake of fire, where they do die. "This is the second death! Death.

http://pages.citebite.com/e6j6g3l1omrj

That doesn't sound anything like a thousand-year purification process to me.

Update

Ray cleared this up via e-mail. He said he was kind of hasty with this statement, and has editted it out of the article.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 03:04:04 AM by Paul »

Kat

Hi Paul,

You really need to send this question to Ray to answer.  As the rules state, If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.  I did not actually state that's what 'Ray means,' it was my own opinion.

Ray seems to be saying that humans who're thrown into the Lake of Fire are annhilated

We know that Ray teaches the salvation of all.  So you need him to answer this for you.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Paul

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

I'm not disgareeing with him; I'm confused about what his view is.

Ray seems to be saying that humans who're thrown into the Lake of Fire are annhilated

We know that Ray teaches the salvation of all.

You excluded the part where I put temporarily, of course in parenthases.

musicman

It's where the carnal mind dies (is annhilated).  It is the second death.

winner08

Musicman you beat me to an ansewer. I was going to say that our carnality is burned out of us and that would be the second death. Is this what Ray say's? I think this is what is ment by the second death. Then again I could be wrong.

Thanks,

Darren

Paul

Perhaps L. Ray Smith stated that in a bad way.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 07:18:26 PM by Paul »

Paul

Can you be more detailed?

I e-mailed Ray, by the way. I'm waiting for his response.

musicman

Can you be more detailed?

I e-mailed Ray, by the way. I'm waiting for his response.

It burns!!!!    It burns!!!!  The carnal mind burns some more!!!!   

. . . . . . . . . . . .

It dies.

Paul

Gotcha.

How long does it take to burn up? 1,000 years, like Kat says?

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

Paul, Just my never to be humble opinion,

This is fiction and the names should not be confused with any person living or dead.

Paul goes into the judgment with an attitude.
Maybe a little self sufficient, maybe a little rebellious etc.
God's servant explains the rules to Paul and encourages Paul to straighten up,
Not all at once but a little each day and with a God given desire to seek correction.
Paul doesn't like to do it God's way and like a dumb mule he sets his hooves in the sand.

Now, the "lake of spiritual fire" is applied.  That is like God's fire.
After a time, longer or shorter depending upon how fast God wants to work with Paul, Paul begins to see the light.
Of course we understand that the light is a gift of God.  Paul's eventual understanding is also a gift and was not generated within Paul's mind.

After a few weeks, months, years all the darkness and independence and arrogance is burned out of Paul and eventually Paul is a new man.  The old Paul no longer exists and we see clearly what God has wrought.  A pure vessel for God's spirit.

That's my view of the situation, so far.  More to be added as we learn.

Bob

EKnight

It makes me think of this verse:

2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

In linear time, or dynamical time, a thousand years seems a great distance.  But in spiritual time, just one day.

This answer works for me.

Eileen

Kat

Hi Paul,

How long does it take to burn up? 1,000 years, like Kat says?

2Peter 3:7  But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
v. 8  But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
v. 9  The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

The 1000 years are symbolic and mean a period of time.  As this Scripture shows "one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day," so it seems that it means for however long it takes. 
As judgment begins when Jesus Christ returns to rule on earth, it will last for each individual for as long as it takes for them to repent and come to salvation.  I don't see how it would take long for John the Baptist, the Prophets and such.  But for others it could take a really long time.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson

Thanks, Kat.

Can't you just imagine Isaiah meeting Christ and hearing the fulfilled gospel he prophecied?  No, I suspect it won't take long.  God bless him. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Paul

Thanks.

Berg3699

Okay one thing I disagree with is the fact that people wil infact burn for ever. This is clearly stated in Rev. 14:10 and 11 the 1000 years is where Jesus will reign without Satan. Satan will be throughn in the great abuss till the time of Judgment day

winner08

Berg3699: Have you even read Ray papers on the lake of fire? If not, You should before you disagree with anything on this site. This is a site for like minded people meaning people who share the same core beliefs. Like Craig said if you strongly disagree you can email Ray himself. You are stuck in the man made teachings of Christendom.

Darren

OBrenda

Okay one thing I disagree with is the fact that people wil infact burn for ever.

??? You disagree with a fact, that people will infact burn forever ???
       Sorry but I don't understand this statement Berg!

knuckle

Hi Berg-----------

how long did Saul of Tarsus die---answer forever and Paul the Apostle was the vessel fashioned in his place (in Dying I die daily)

so how long will we stand in the purifying fire?forever because we become that fire

did you read any of the LOF series?If not you need to,great stuff there

much love----------knuckle

Paul

Ray removed this section from the document.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 23 queries.