bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does one answer this?  (Read 5100 times)

EKnight

How does one answer this?
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »

If I've heard it once, I've heard it a hundred times, "The bible can be interpreted so many different ways". And those same people then refuse its validity.  I mean, you can't really blame people for feeling this way since there are thousands of different Christian sects all differing on what they think the bible is saying.

How does one respond to that?  Most are blinded? That answer would not suffice for most.  To say, well only a few really understand, would not hold water for most.  But I suppose that is the only scriptural answer.

Thoughts?

Eileen

mharrell08

Re: How does one answer this?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

Hello Eileen,

Even if you were as well versed as Ray and others with scriptures, your point 'would not hold water for most'. People make all kinds of illogical statements about the bible's validity as an excuse to continue to worship themselves and not give up that idol of the heart. This is exactly what Ray means when he says they "despise the Word of God". People want to interpet the bible in whatever way fits their personal beliefs at the moment. I emphasis 'at the moment' because these same people will flip-flop onto another belief at the drop of a hat.

People may not be responsible for feeling this way about the bible, but they will more than be held accountable for their gross sins and false worship.

When people present these silly arguments, remember what our Lord said concerning the wisdom He has bestowed upon you:

Matt. 13:45  ...the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls

Matt. 7:6  Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you

Why argue with a fool? Not only are they the fool for their false beliefs but also foolish as to trample over the precious pearls (scriptures) that you give them. It is a complete waste of time but honestly it takes going through the frustrating discussion/arguments to completely understand.

Marques
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 12:25:12 AM by mharrell08 »

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 09:02:24 AM »

How does one respond to that?

I wouldn't.  Very few are called to be teachers or ministers, but nearly everyone thinks they are.  I know I learned my lesson the hard way.  When a person who is not called to be a teacher tries to teach or debate a religious person, it is like taking a knife to a gun fight.  The religious person will stay far away from the truth and won't hear a thing because of the noise of the gunfire.

Besides why jump into the mud with a pig, the pig will roll around and be happy, we will just get dirty.

If we study and live life to show ourselves approved then God will lead others to us who are ready for the truth.

Just my 2cents.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »

If we study and live life to show ourselves approved then God will lead others to us who are ready for the truth.

Just my 2cents.

Craig

And Peter's Spirit inspired 2 cents as well.  ;)

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Because....

Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Peace,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

Hi Eileen,

"The bible can be interpreted so many different ways". And those same people then refuse its validity.  I mean, you can't really blame people for feeling this way since there are thousands of different Christian sects all differing on what they think the bible is saying.

This is the destiny of the world at this time.  People have to come up with a reason why things are as they are.  They did not even believe Jesus Christ in the face of all His miracles

Joh 12:37  But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him,
Joh 12:38  that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:
       "Lord, who has believed our report?
       And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?"

Joh 12:39  Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
Joh 12:40  "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
       Lest they should see with their eyes,
       Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
       So that I should heal them."

But we must gain the understanding that God has made available now for the few and take comfort in the knowledge that there is coming a time when the blind will come to know the truth also.

1Ti 2:4 Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

dogcombat

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:37:41 AM »

Excellent responses. 

For me, the Tremelones hit is clearer "Silence Is Golden".  If it's Holy Spirit moving you to respond, then it's God who moves you to respond ("take no thought...").   Other than that, to expound on Craig's timely statement
Besides why jump into the mud with a pig, the pig will roll around and be happy, we will just get dirty.

Murphy's law says "Never argue with a fool.  NO ONE will know the difference." You'd just end up out of your league when you wallow in their muck.

Just my 2 3/4 cent
Ches   

WhoAmI

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 04:05:06 AM »

That is something I use to worry about and with myself as well. But if you really trust God then you realize you are where you need to be at the time. Nothing is wasted because God is really in control and even my best intentions and hardest efforts are not from me. So our worry or concern and blindness is all of God, so thanks be to God for the freedom that is in Him. Since seeing the myth of free-will after reading the "Myth of Free-Will Exposed" by Ray I couldn't believe how much it is embedded into every faucet of our lives. Turn up the heat Lord, I need to be pure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.