bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lies and Deception  (Read 7799 times)

hillsbororiver

Lies and Deception
« on: July 18, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »

I ran across an article today that got me thinking about all the lies masquerading as truth that we must contend with in this present world, not just in regard to religion but virtually everything.

Now I am not saying the following article is pure unvarnished truth free from any bias or human error but if we consider it's ramifications the world right now is suffering economically for no other reason than deception and ignorance, a type/shadow of why so many are spiritually poor or even bankrupt.

This may sound bizarre but the thought crossed my mind that during the Millennium when Truth reigns in the person of our Lord that it could be possible the resources that were put in place by our Creator will finally be utilized in a fashion that serves humanity into the prosperity and peace we have lacked since Adam was expelled from the Garden of Eden?

Remember it will be a physical Kingdom with Spiritual leadership, just something that my mind took off and ran with this morning.

A very interesting article.....

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3952

Peace,

Joe

Kat

Re: Lies and Deception
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »

Needless to say, the last people to tell us the truth about oil will be the oil producers and oil companies, for they of course have a vested interest in perpetuating the myth that oil is a fossil fuel and that it will soon be exhausted, in order to ratchet up the price for as long as they can. And don’t look to the Russians to enlighten the world with the truth about oil either, for they are surely laughing now that the oil price is approaching $US150 a barrel.

Hmmmm, l've heard something about this before.  It's all a money game and a source for some to use as a tool to control... the world?

I think this world will see great and dramatic changes take place when Christ rules.  Every corrupt "mountain" of business and government will be brought down.  Those who get rich at the expense of the common people will be revealed.

Luke 3:4  as it is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet, saying:
       "The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
       "Prepare the way of the LORD;
       Make His paths straight.
Luke 3:5  Every valley shall be filled
       And every mountain and hill brought low;
       The crooked places shall be made straight
       And the rough ways smooth;
Luke 3:6  And all flesh shall see the salvation of God."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thank you for adding those most appropriate verses!

Perfect.

Peace,

Joe

Linny

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 01:20:43 PM »

Interestingly, the Lord had been opening our eyes to the deceptions in the world regarding everything else BUT the church for years before He knew we were ready to hear that big one!  ;)

The way we see it, greed and deception are the norm in every single thing/organization/entity that man has his hands on or in. After all, we ARE the beast!

Here is another article you guys might find really interesting. It is called WHY AMERICANS WILL BELIEVE ALMOST ANYTHING.  Perception is everything. Very eyeopening....

http://www.rense.com/general12/believe.htm

(It didn't turn blue so you may have to cut and paste?)

Many Blessings,
Lin

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »

Quote from:
If the US switched from being a net consumer in the world oil market to becoming a net supplier, the price of oil would plunge, perhaps to around $US30 per barrel, with the result that the world’s economies would boom as never before.

At this time, it costs us $45/barrel just to get the oil to the surface. Am I to believe that the cost involved to extract the oil will go down accordingly?
At today's prices, it costs over 1M just to drill a well. There is no guarantee that the well will be a producer. The majors don't fret this as much as us "Independents."

joyful1

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »

Joe--
Good article! And Morgan didn't even mention all of the alternative energy sources that are practically FREE! With $ being the bottom line in the kingdom of Babylon (religious and political) its no wonder we've been led down this merry path over and over again in every area of life; education, medicine, science, law and religion. "Nothing NEW under the sun!" It's frustrating but not surprising. Thank God, the "lies and deception" will finally END one day!

A shadow of things to come?.....

Exodus 18:21
Moreover thou shalt provide out of all the people able men, such as fear God, men of truth, hating covetousness; and place such over them, to be rulers of thousands, and rulers of hundreds, rulers of fifties, and rulers of tens:

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:27:23 PM »

Hi Everyone,

The point of this topic was certainly not to demonize the oil companies as if the exclusive domain of lies and deception belong to them. If you look at both the pro "Big Oil" boosters and the anti "Big Oil" camps there is plenty of deception, half truths and blatant lies to go around. Let's not forget the exaggerated claims of the environmentalists as well.

We are in darkness not only in spiritual matters but also in our day to day physical lives, who can we really believe about anything? We have to make decisions constantly while having very little light as to the true dynamics of the matter(s) at hand, without faith in the Source of Truth we are leaves blowing about in the wind.

Quote from:
If the US switched from being a net consumer in the world oil market to becoming a net supplier, the price of oil would plunge, perhaps to around $US30 per barrel, with the result that the world’s economies would boom as never before.

At this time, it costs us $45/barrel just to get the oil to the surface. Am I to believe that the cost involved to extract the oil will go down accordingly?
At today's prices, it costs over 1M just to drill a well. There is no guarantee that the well will be a producer. The majors don't fret this as much as us "Independents."

Hi Patrick,

You are talking about the "average" price (actually cost is a better word) of extracting oil right? It does not seem possible that the cost of extracting oil from an established shallow well is the same as extracting oil from a new, very deep well. But if we "average" the two then we have an overall cost which you say (and I do not doubt) is now $45.

In April 2003 when I was in Calgary, Alberta we had dinner with a Geo Engineer who was saying that as soon as the price of a barrel of oil reached about $40 per barrel it would make drilling in the Alberta shale sands profitable, at that time (spring 2003) oil was fetching $20-$25 per barrel, do you think it is primarily the present weak dollar that has driven up the cost or is there more to it than that. I mean the price per barrel has shot up over 600% in 5 years, inflation and the devalued dollar combined does not even close to that.

I believe that part of the reason is that the major oil producing nations believe our leaders are too weak willed to overcome a very vocal "Green" minority that prevents us from drilling in places where there are known reserves. Did you notice the drop in prices the last couple weeks when it was even implied that the U.S. would begin drilling offshore and in ANWAR?

This whole world and present life experience is a parable, isn't it?  ;)

Peace in Him,

Joe

dogcombat

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »

The effects of "Lies and Deception" depend
largely on ones "Depth Of Perception".

Ches

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »

The effects of "Lies and Deception" depend
largely on ones "Depth Of Perception".

Ches

;D

Excellent Ches!

Which can only be obtained through His discerning Spirit within us.  ;)

Peace,

Joe

Patrick

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

Quote from: hillsbororiver

Hi Patrick,

You are talking about the "average" price (actually cost is a better word) of extracting oil right? It does not seem possible that the cost of extracting oil from an established shallow well is the same as extracting oil from a new, very deep well. But if we "average" the two then we have an overall cost which you say (and I do not doubt) is now $45.

In April 2003 when I was in Calgary, Alberta we had dinner with a Geo Engineer who was saying that as soon as the price of a barrel of oil reached about $40 per barrel it would make drilling in the Alberta shale sands profitable, at that time (spring 2003) oil was fetching $20-$25 per barrel, do you think it is primarily the present weak dollar that has driven up the cost or is there more to it than that. I mean the price per barrel has shot up over 600% in 5 years, inflation and the devalued dollar combined does not even close to that.

I believe that part of the reason is that the major oil producing nations believe our leaders are too weak willed to overcome a very vocal "Green" minority that prevents us from drilling in places where there are known reserves. Did you notice the drop in prices the last couple weeks when it was even implied that the U.S. would begin drilling offshore and in ANWAR?

This whole world and present life experience is a parable, isn't it?  ;)

Peace in Him,

Joe

The producing formations have 3 key components; crude (sweet or sour), gas (good or bad [Hydrogen sulfide = bad]), and water.
Deep wells usually have downhole gas pressure that aids in lifting the crude to the surface; shallow wells need a lifting mechanism to get the crude to the surface (downhole pumps, submersible pumps). Over time, a secondary recovery program, water injection, must be initiated.
The costs of running all the electric motors for the different pumps, downhole pumps & injection pumps, to get the crude to the surface averages $45/barrel. For example, on 3 of our leases (160 acres each), we inject over 25K barrels of produced water to recover 3K barrels of crude.

I have not done much research on the Alberta sands. I believe the majority of that is mined as it's very shallow.

As far as why the price is what it is, I believe it's just speculators working the system (lack of stability in the Middle East, our economy, military conflicts, etc.).
Yes, I watched the decline in price. Just imagine what would happen if our government released a major portion of it's "strategic reserves", but god forbid we don't keep enough crude to fuel our military.  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

Hi Patrick.  This is off-topic off topic, but just thinking about your profession has given me a much needed handle on how to live with the knowledge of the Sovereignty of God.

Does your work teach you anything about life in Christ in ways that more 'normal' occupations might not?

Anyways...thanks for mentioning it.  You may not have known it was going to be a help, but it has been.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

I'm listening to an Ohio congressman as I write this. He says 17% of the US oil comes down the Alaska pipeline.

The pipeline started pumping 2.1 million barrels a day. Production is now down to seven hundred thousand barrels a day.

When it drops to three hundred barrels they will have to shut the pipeline down. That's why we need to drill more in Alaska.

Dennis

Patrick

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 08:19:48 PM »

Hi Patrick.  This is off-topic off topic, but just thinking about your profession has given me a much needed handle on how to live with the knowledge of the Sovereignty of God.

Does your work teach you anything about life in Christ in ways that more 'normal' occupations might not?

Anyways...thanks for mentioning it.  You may not have known it was going to be a help, but it has been.

Tennessee Dave, are you saying my work is not 'normal'?  ;D

Before God drug me to B-T's, I struggled on a daily basis trying to put science and God together. I never knew what Sovereignty of God really meant. Even some of my college professors struggled with science and God. My Geology and Chemistry professor's would not teach or give tests on some sections of the textbook, we were just instructed to read it.

I will say everything I've ever done, God has been a really big part of it (even before I knew just how much) because of the dangers involved. So, I'll say, yes, I believe my work has taught me a few things about life in Christ that others might not. When the rig floor is shaking so hard that bolts are breaking and the derrick (rig tower) is moving 15-20' from side to side because you've hit a 3,000 psi gas pocket, or your working offshore and a fire starts under the rig floor, even the nonbelievers are looking for some Help from Above. ;)
If it's not oil field, electrical and steam generation, or motorsports related [my last job was tuning/maintaining a 1,500 horsepower, 250MPH, motorcycle], I'm dumber than a stump.

Dennis, I've heard numbers regarding percentage to be from 6% to 25%. Weather plays a big part in the operation of the pipeline.
I believe there will come a day that a new crude oil pipeline will need to be built before the current one is shut down due to lack of production.
The line is 30yrs old now; it's starting to leak more and more, drunk hunters shoot holes in it (true story). 

David

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 08:56:32 PM »

even the nonbelievers are looking for some Help from Above.

I've never heard of an atheist in a disaster area  ;)

Patrick

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »

Hit the BOPs bro
 ;D
Q

;D
I'm looking for the mud man and logger. Neither were where they should have been, nor taking care of their responsibilities.  :o >:(

For those that don't know and may be interested, BOP stands for "blow out preventer". A very important safety device on drilling/workover rigs.

dogcombat

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 01:23:21 PM »

When you sum it all up, what's being fed is a pound of lies. 

1 ounce of truth mixed with 15 oz of heresy.  You're so desperate for that little bit of truth, that you'll digest what not good for you.

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.