bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOF part V "Do You Love Your Enemirs?) by Ray Smith  (Read 4898 times)

Roy Monis

LOF part V "Do You Love Your Enemirs?) by Ray Smith
« on: July 18, 2008, 04:15:49 PM »

Hi! Brothers and Sisters

I’d like to introduce you to a sequel to my posting titled “Do You Love God?” which was for some unknown reason blocked before I could bring it to a conclusion and give the answer. This sequel that I’m posting is authored by our much respected teacher Ray. I thought it necessary to point this fact out to deter any hindrance from the on start as was encountered by my posting.

The only difference is that where I started at the top of the ladder with God, Ray asks the same question as I but starts at the bottom with the brother who could be neighbour or enemy.

Unlike me, Ray gives his answer in just a few crisp paragraphs but the conclusion is exactly the same as the one you would have got of me had I been allowed to finish.

I reproduce here Ray’s conclusion to the sequel which can be found in, LOF part V under the heading “Do You Love Your Enemies?” and what would have been the concluding sentence to my ill fated posting which was intended for our edification.

[u]This is Ray’s teaching:[/u]"DO YOU LOVE YOUR ENEMIES?"

How many prayed for the seven POW’s held captive in Iraq? I myself prayed earnestly for them. I hate the thought of being tortured, and I had no idea how badly our POW’s were being treated. Millions upon millions prayed for them. But how many prayed for not only Jessica, but for her enemy captors who "cursed her, and hated her, and despitefully used her, and persecuted her?" How many? That’s what I thought. How many would like to see her captors BURN IN HELL? (That is, were there such a place). I rest my case. We do NOT believe the Scriptures. We pretend! We boast! We LIE! By the way,
"…and ALL LIARS [do you see any exceptions in that statement, ‘ALL liars?"] shall have their part in the lake which BURNS WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the second death" (Rev. 21:8)!
How many still desire that this lake should be a LITERAL FIRE that tortures the flesh for all eternity? So maybe you think you’re not "a murderer, or whoremonger, or sorcerer;" maybe you are just an occasional "liar who hates his enemies?" Think about it.

So much for Ray; but now to the concluding last sentence of my posting “DO YOU LOVE GOD?”

My answer: “If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a LIAR; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen.”   (1Jn.4:20).   Are LIARS the same or is there a difference between them, such as, big ones and small ones?

The only difference in the answer here is that it happens to be in much larger print, otherwise identical.  I rest my case, as well.

God bless you brothers and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Beloved

Re: LOF part V "Do You Love Your Enemirs?) by Ray Smith
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 05:12:14 PM »

Thanks for your answer on this topic Roy I knew you would have a good answer.

It is hard to get the beast off the throne, it tends to want to categorize people into "us" and "them"....with only attention being paid to the "us". We are all God's creatures, who will All eventually be made into brethern.  As long as that beast rules, it will not subject itself to seeing any good in "them".

That does make us liars doesn't it. I have the biggest problem with beast when I am driving (a little tendency to road rage  :-[   ) My other problem is dealing with the "scary" ...terrorists, politicians etc.  How on earth does one love ...them...? 

God has to work on me ...a work of humility, meakness/ submission/ patience etc and remove all fear....

Sometime it seems there is a lot of posts here on BT on fearful subjects

2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

(1Co 13:4)  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
(1Co 13:5)  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
(1Co 13:6)  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
(1Co 13:7)  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

I realize that we will not reach this state of perfection here on earth, but I know I feel that I am still taking such baby steps on this pathway of AGAPE./Love ....the kind of love where the "I" disappears and it is now only "them" that matter.

beloved

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 06:32:54 PM »

Thanks Roy.  There's more in any of these articles than can be digested in one reading, so I appreciate the chance to feast again.

I pray we can gain the tremendous blessing that comes from obeying the Lord concerning our enemies.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:47:22 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

Thank You Roy,
I know very well about vain repetitious prayer, but this one tugs at my heart.  I hope no one will find offence,
it really demonstrates what Roy's was trying to get at with Ray's teaching.
:-[ My answer again Roy is NO...I don't love God,...but I'm trying! :'(

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace;
that where there is hatred, I may bring love;
that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness;
that where there is discord, I may bring harmony;
that where there is error, I may bring truth;
that where there is doubt, I may bring faith;
that where there is despair, I may bring hope;
that where there are shadows, I may bring light;
that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort than to be comforted;
to understand, than to be understood;
to love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.
Amen.

The prayer of one without a ego/beast/carnal mind...empty of self needs!

Beloved...your post was powerful.....it really touched my heart!
That really spoke to where I am right now.
TY

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:07 AM »

Hi! Brenda, Beloved & Dave from Tenn

I thank God that someone is beginning to read what I've been trying to say, it's so very difficult to put over in words on paper. Too short and it's misinterpreted, too long and it gets boring and is ignored. Like Vangie says in one of her posts, a no win situation. Which is so very frustrating because it means such a lot to me by way of contributing to this forum from where I have obtained some very valuable insights.

This is a discussion group of like minds and we are supposed to help one another but unhappily it went wrong for me and brought the beast to the surface to my shame. That is why I decided to divert my attention to the prayer requests section for all the unhappy souls who are crying out to God for mercy, myself included, in an attempt to bring the forums notice that there are some, like our dear sister Lorie, who appear to have been forgotten. It is a monstrous task for there are those who, apart from them in our midst, are daily coming to our notice in the world outside.

You are absolutely right in your assessment of my post. It was intended as a blanket cover for all the unfortunates, ourselves included, who receive God's unconditional love daily and do very little in return to justify that love. All lip service but where, where, are the works? Exactly what I said and Ray concurred, LIARS. In saying this I hope I don't offend anyone as it applies to me also. So I thought I'd start with prayer and build on dear sister Lorie. Just a thought. 

All proof of that love must start at the bottom of the ladder where God is, in our midst where our mother, our brother, our neighbour and our enemies are. "But he answered and said unto him that told him, 'Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?' And he stretched forth his hand towards his disciples, and said, 'Behold, my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.'"  (Matt.12:48-50).

Thank you all for your understanding.

God bless you brother and sisters in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:32:48 AM »

Dear Roy....please do not get disheartenend, I enjoy what you have to share on the forum.  We all have to learn and have unity.  Besides, I can hear your heart and certainly God can as well.  You meant well and this has all ended well.  May God strengthen you and bless you my friend.

Love in Christ
Heidi

psalmsinger

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:34:31 PM »

“If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a LIAR"  …and ALL LIARS [do you see any exceptions in that statement, ‘ALL liars?"] shall have their part in the lake which BURNS WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the second death" (Rev. 21:!
You have exposed the lie that I hope is burned out of my heart in this lifetime, .......although it may take more time than that.  The enemy in the far off land is not as close as those whom we come in contact with every day.  I have prayed to God this week to show me
His love, mercy and forgiveness and take abway the hurt that comes from thinking only of self:). 

Rest in the Lord, Barbara

winner08

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 01:07:35 AM »

Hello Barbara: It' been awhile since I seen you post. Or maby I just missed you. I hope everything is O.K. Anyway great post. It is so hard at times to love ones brother. Does scripture really say you can't love God if you don't love your brother?(all mankind). Does this include the enemy. I guess so. As long as I am human I will always have this problem. Judging not loving ones enemy, or loving all of mankind, vanity, and lust. Man, pleasing ones self it is hard not to do or should I say impossible ,until the Lord changes our hearts. Great to hear from you again.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.