bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Debate  (Read 5280 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Debate
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:09:46 PM »

Dear George:  I receive thousands of emails from people who take me to task on many aspects of my ministry. Which is fine, as I don't mind. However, most do not know what they are talking about and are usually unscriptural on virtually every point the level at me. I will make a few COMMENTS in your email...........

Although I agree with some things and not all the things you point out in the bible, my question is why is it so important or even necessary to go back and forth proving one another wrong. I mean other people who believe in Christ. There are debates on things that do not even matter. The bottom line is that people who you debate with are dedicated to and believe in Christ. Do you think that this is healthy for the true church. Will you ever find any two people that agree 100% of the time. I think not.

COMMENT:  Because very few people really study their Bibles deeply, they are shocked by what its pages contain.  Did Jesus "...go back and forth proving one another [the multitudes, the Pharisees, the Scribes, and His Own disciples] wrong?"  YES, OF COURSE HE DID--ALL THE TIME.  Read your Bible. If you don't have time to read the entire New Testament in this context, then read my paper at the very top of our home page entitled: "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES."  Here is just one example of our Lord:

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS

There are many examples of Jesus upbraiding the Church leaders for their gross sins [selections from Matthew 23]:

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE."

And the Apostles did the same thing, even naming names along with their criticism of many people who claimed to be God-fearing people, but where where in reality utter hypocrites.  I even use one of Paul's statements to Titus as the "Purpose For Bible-Truths." Here we are even COMMANDED to expose those who contradict the sound doctrines of the Scriptures:

Purpose for bible-truths.com
    "[1] preach with sound doctrine and [2] refute those who contradict it"
    [Titus 1:9 - The New Revised Standard Version]

So, why don't we focus more on the mission of Christ and help one another to live Christ filled, peaceful lives, rather than debate amongst family. The bottom line is that each person has some measure of error in their theologies, if not then that person has no need for God, because they are perfect. You and most of the people you debate are very smart. Wouldn't it make more since to help people in everyday life meet their practical and spiritual needs, be it they choose your theologies, mine, or Joel Olsteen's.

COMMENT:  What?  Do you even begin to see what you are saying?  Help people in their spiritual needs by approving of them choosing the Unscriptural nonsense of a "Joel Olsteen."  Unbelievable.  I have watched snippits by the hundreds and whole broadcasts of Joel Olsteen for many years now. NOT ONCE have I ever seen him open that big Bible that he carries to the stage as a prop. NOT ONCE!  I will contintue to expose the rank heresy of such materialistic, worldly, vanity-filled preachers of pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-boot staps philosophy till the day I die!

No need to debate or rebuttal, because out of the billions of people in the world we need the love of God.

COMMENT:  What does that mean?  Do you think you have said something meaningful in that statement?  Paul and the Scriptures absolutely disagree with your statement. Paul "argued" all through his ministry with many people concerning the truths of the Gospel:Act 17:17 Therefore disputed he in the synagogue with the Jews, and with the devout persons, and in the market daily with them that met with him.

The word "disputed" is the Greek  "dialegomai," and it means "to say thoroughly, that is, to discuss in argument or exhortation."

Let's come together and have debates on, will Christians make more of an impact on non Christians, or will non Christians have a greater effect on Christians.

COMMENT:  No, let's not.  It is the Christian leaders who are lusting after the sins and ways of the non-Christians.  It is the "Christians," not the "non-Christians" who are causing the Name of God to be blasphemed among the nations. Thank you for your suggestions, but I will continue to do what God called me to do.

God be with you,

Ray

Thank you for you time and response.

George
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:44:30 PM by hillsbororiver »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.