bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: joyce meyer  (Read 6003 times)

Becky

joyce meyer
« on: May 16, 2006, 12:32:30 PM »

I've been receiving e-mail devotionals for years now from my old church.... i am very tired of them, especially now with Joyce Meyer as the writer.....

what do you all think of this.... it seems so harmless.... but is like a wolf in sheeps clothing when you see that it doesn't really say anything... its so love dovey wishy washy to me.

The verse is one of my favorites... but does she get it?

"And the Lord said to him, Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the dub, or the deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Is it not I, the Lord?"        -Exodus 4:11
"God purposely calls people to serve Him who don't know how to do what He tells them to do...God knows that these individuals will depend on Him and will pray, "Lord, help me, so that no mortal man should boast in the presence of God" (1 Corinthians 1:29). Qualify yourself for God's tool chest today by telling some what you have seen God do in your life."
                                                                                -Joyce Meyer

Lightseeker

joyce meyer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 03:08:10 PM »

Becky,

I hope this verse helps.

2TI 2:21  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

mcmiller

joyce meyer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »

Hello Becky,
Just prior to coming out of "The Church" I was a member of a charismatic church here in Minneapolis called Speak the Word Church.  A former pastor there, Roberta Morrison, was a very close friend of Joyce Meyer.  Actually, it was as a result of going to hear Joyce at this church that I became a member there.  What I have since come to notice about all such ministries is that they are all extremely carnal in there focus.  It seems that they view our existance as being fundamentally spiritual trying to master the human experience instead of being mortal working toward the spiritual.  I think that is why so much emphasis is placed on prosperity, healing and gifts of the Spirit as opposed to becoming Christlike.  They assume that we moved from being spiritually dead to spiritually alive as a result of the "sinners prayer", and now all that is left is to take back (in the flesh) everything the devil is attributed to having stolen from us.  I have listened to Joyce a couple of times since coming out, and although she speaks from the bible as her source, it is only the carnal side of the Word that comes forth.
What Joyce wants us to do is to tell someone about the physical blessings we have received from God as a result of being part of "The Church".  In truth, if we told people what God is actually doing in our lives they probably wouldn't want anything to do with it.  Blessings are always more fun than judgement and chastisement, but blessings only last for this life while repentance lasts into immortality.

As for me, give me the meat of the spiritual Word and keep the milk.

Regards,

Mark

gmik

joyce meyer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 08:19:54 PM »

Hi.  Go to Televangelists Lifestyles and check her out.  Avarice and luxury beyond belief. Where is the humble, suffering life of following our Lord? Apparently one needs jets, several, million-dollar houses etc etc to show how the Lord has blessed you 'cuz He wants us all to be rich! Shallow and definetly in the flesh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.