bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short introduction  (Read 6729 times)

Sirach

Short introduction
« on: July 24, 2008, 09:24:29 AM »

Hi my brothers and sisters in the Lord,

My name is Robin, im from Holland. Im 42 years young, im married, have 3 kids, a daughter (13) and two sons (11-4).

I found bible-thruths just a few weeks ago...and i can tell you from the heart...i was kinda shocked first. There is so much wich differs from the way the gospel is presented then im used too...Free will, eternal or temporary punishment, tithing...i could and can not stop reading Ray's teachings. I have read a lot of websites during the years, and most of them are someone's opinion...but here i found something totally different...teaching from the word of our God, and let the word do the talking...not the man.

I think that is why it attracted me so much. I have been praying to God to open my eyes, open my ears, give me wisdom and insight like He gave Salomo and Daniel for years...and i have the feeling my prayers have been answered.

Im hoping to be a regular visiting and contributing member. I hope i can ask my questions to my brothers and sisters if i dont understand something...looking foreward spending time with you all.

God bless you

Robin

OBrenda

Re: Short introduction
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:44 AM »

Hi Robin,

Looking forward to getting to know you!
I didn't realize when I started sharing in the forum, how much more I was going to learn here.  It's like getting washed again and again.  We have so many layers of false teaching and thinking it takes a lifetime to be purified.  You will find many people here who will encourage you in our growth.

You Will Be Blessed,
Brenda

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 10:35:01 AM »

Hi Robin,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
We strive here at the forum to maintain the same flow of understanding of the Scriptures that Ray teaches.  It is so difficult to rid ones self of all the false teaaching we learned in the church.  But we try to keep this forum a place that we can share and discuss the Truth and keep the false doctrines out, so that those new to BT will not be confused.  Do not hesitate to ask questions, we have many here with a good understanding of the Truth that can give you help.
Here are a few links that you may not have noticed, that you may want to check out.

The forum rules, it will help you see how this forum is moderated.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4558.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.0.html

Forum Indexes & lots of Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's Audios 
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's Audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

child boards for;
Inspirationals, Writings, Poems, Etc.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Who Am I? (members pics and personal stuff)
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,16.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sozo

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 11:48:24 AM »

Welcome to the family Sirach!

It's amazing how many of us had the same experience when we first came to Bible Truths.  It really is like a family here even though some do not post as much as others.  I don't post a lot, but I'm here reading the wisdom of others every day.  The nice thing here is that you can ask any question without that old Babylonian feeling of being judged.

Welcome again,

Jason

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 12:04:15 PM »

A welcome to you.  I agree with you...if I had simply found a website with another man sharing his opinion, I would have fled.  It is the truth of scripture that Ray presents and explains that gave confidence.  Then the Spirit of God can open eyes and ears.  I look forward to your sharing here.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Monis

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 01:55:44 PM »

Hi! Robin

I'm the one that causes all the bother on this forum but that's no good reason to ignore me, in fact I'm not a bad guy really, ask Brenda she puts spiked collars on me to keep me out of trouble.

A Big WELCOME brother, hop a board and let's be having a bit more of you. We are true children of God here for a change receiving the truth by way of the TRUE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST and not the failed one we were fed with in Babylon. Forget her now and cleanse yourself of the heresies they polluted your mind with over your young 42 years.

God bless you and many more years to you and your growing family. "The words of wise men are like goads, and masters of these collections are like well-driven nails; they are given by one Shepherd. But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."  (Eccl.12:11-14).

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

iris

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the forum!

Iris

chav

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »

Hi Robin
Welcome to the forum.
all the best
Dave

jakfr0s

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2008, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi Robin and welcome! ;D Opinions arent so bad if they are according to the Word and we share the same. I too try to stay clear of others opinions because they just arent good enough unless it comes from God, IMO ;).

Rev 17:17 for God imparts to their hearts to form His opinion, and to form one opinion, and to give their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God shall be accomplished.

1Co 1:10 Now I am entreating you, brethren, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all may be saying the same thing, and there may be no schisms among you, but you may be attuned to the same mind and to the same opinion.

1Co 7:40 Yet happier is she if ever she should be remaining thus, according to my opinion. Now I presume that I also have God's spirit.

Again welcome, God dragged you here and it is GOOD!

Your Friend, George D.

WhoAmI

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 03:05:44 AM »

Hi Robin,

Glad your here. Share with us when you have the time.

Jeff

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 01:02:33 PM »

Welcome Robin,

Old (73) Indianabob.

Married 47 years, four adult kids, wife who understands me and tolerates my beliefs.

Would like to share history and progress of my beliefs if interested.

Just remember we are family.

Love and big hugs all around.

Bob

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 06:15:26 AM »

:D Hi Robin!
Glad you are here! Mom of seven here, all mostly gone now (school and so forth)...I am curious if English is your native tongue? I have a German sister in law that speaks/reads and writes English perfectly! I live in a province that is bilingual English/French.

What was your favorite part of the Lake of Fire series, if I may ask?
Joyce :)

gmik

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »

Hello and Welcome.

I hate to ask this but my sister's name is Robin so I am taking it that you are a female.

(awwww to the rest of you, yes, a man's name can be Robin!!!!)

or maybe I missed it.

Anyhow glad you are here!! :)

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 02:07:44 AM »

Hello and Welcome.

I hate to ask this but my sister's name is Robin so I am taking it that you are a female.

(awwww to the rest of you, yes, a man's name can be Robin!!!!)

or maybe I missed it.

Anyhow glad you are here!! :)

He revealed in another post that he was a father, so I am 'pretty' sure that would make him a man.  ;)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7840.0.html

He also revealed that he and his family would be away on holiday for a while.  Therefor I have taken it upon myself to answer all questions related to Robin.   ;D ;D

In continuance of my duty, I should say that Holland (The Netherlands) is a Dutch-speaking nation, but that English is very commonly spoken.  I have a Dutch friend on the internet who claims that Dutch is not so much a language as it is a speech impediment.  Whether Robin agrees with that remains to be seen awaiting his return from Holiday.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 02:19:39 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

joyful1

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 09:27:31 AM »

Isn't that interesting about the Dutch people?
;D thanks, Dav-obin!

"Speech impediment!"  ;D fUnE
Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »

Hi! Dave in Tenn

Robin is a bird and a BIRD in the UK is usually associated with a gorgeous member of the gentler sex. So the Dutchman had best change his name, don't you think?    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 07:02:22 PM »

I'm just happy he's not another Dave or David.   :)

joyful1

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »

;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.