bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a suggestion  (Read 5379 times)

EKnight

Just a suggestion
« on: July 27, 2008, 03:57:04 PM »

I just wanted to say that I think it is important to be mindful when reading posts.  I think we need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt if we presuppose someone's tone. If someone's post sounds negative, antagonistic or contrary, I suggest we assume the opposite in order to avoid misunderstanding and confrontation.  Unless, or course, it is blatant opposition.

Just my humble opinion.  :)

Eileen

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Just a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:33:32 PM »

I just wanted to say that I think it is important to be mindful when reading posts.  I think we need to give everyone the benefit of the doubt if we presuppose someone's tone. If someone's post sounds negative, antagonistic or contrary, I suggest we assume the opposite in order to avoid misunderstanding and confrontation.  Unless, or course, it is blatant opposition.

Just my humble opinion.  :)

Eileen

Dear Eileen,

Very good suggestion.  When we write in a hurry it is tempting to take short cuts.
I try to re-read all my letters before I press send or post, but if I need to be admonished PLEASE do it before Kathy sees my letter.  She has the power and is to be respected.

Love you Kathy . ;D

danaman1

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree.....the internet cant express our tone of voice, or show body language, or show facial expressions....and the smileys don't get it done lol.....
my 2 cents.....

In Christs love always,
D. Patric Hayes

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 09:44:00 PM »

Hi Bob,

Well I try not to let the power go to my head   ;)
But really if I see a post that I think somebody is disrespecting somebody else I would surely remove it. 

I agree with Eileen on this, give everyone the benefit of the doubt if we presuppose someone's tone.  This medium just does not express the emotion that one feels and come to think of it, that may be a good thing sometimes  ;D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

winner08

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »

Great post Eileen: Sometimes after I post I reread it and it might sound like I am upset or something on the negative side. Which it is not meant to be.

Darren
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 03:46:28 AM by winner08 »

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 11:15:18 PM »

Same here Darren, that's why I posted this.  You can't go wrong if you assume the best.

Eileen

jakfr0s

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »

Great post Eileen, this has been something on my mind as well.

One of my biggest fears on this forum is being misunderstood. I really try hard not to offend anyone by being as humble as possible, and being as teachable as possible. These are hard things to do as you all probably know. Its not easy trying to live a godly life is it? But my faith and hope gets stronger everyday, little by little.

I really want to be accepted by you all. Maybe too much. I dont know.

I thank you all for correcting me when I do get out of line and let my anger get the best of me.

I agree its hard to know what someone is saying or why they are saying it, especially online. Im sure we have all made the mistake of assuming the worst. It seems more times than not though you are all very perceptive of which I thank God.

Great post Eileen, thank you.

Your Friend in Christ, George D.

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »

Gee...

I thought I was the only one who was fearful of saying something wrong.  I realize I have a fear too, of being accepted by all of you.  Where else can I go if not here? :'(

I've wondered if my fear was my carnial mind's needing acceptance?  :-\

Thanks for bringing this up Eileen,
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:17:45 AM »

This is always a timely message to contemplate, a very edifying thread to be sure!

Phi 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other  better than themselves.

Phi 2:4  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Phi 2:5  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Peace,

Joe

Samson

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 12:23:36 PM »

Hi Bob,

Well I try not to let the power go to my head   ;)
But really if I see a post that I think somebody is disrespecting somebody else I would surely remove it. 

I agree with Eileen on this, give everyone the benefit of the doubt if we presuppose someone's tone.  This medium just does not express the emotion that one feels and come to think of it, that may be a good thing sometimes  ;D

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hello Kathy,

Don't Worry ! I sense that your well respected at this forum and it doesn't seem to me that your position as Moderator has gone to your Head. This is a good thread, continue giving people the benefit of the doubt, unless of course clear Heresy or oppositon to Ray's teachings are evident. Your Posts are very upbuilding, informative and you have excellent Organizational skills in regards to bringing Ray's Material into a Discussion and arranging the Transcripts, Audio's, E-Mails. I noticed that you make several attempts in providing explanations to help explain Ray's teachings when confronted with some of the questions and idea's presented by Forum Members, you season your words with just enough salt and graciousness to give a reply to everyone(Colossians.4:6).

I noticed you mention that this medium doesn't express the emotion one may feel when making a Post, That's True. I tend to usually be a "Hyper" High Energy person, even at 51,  ;D, for me this equates to being better at presenting a clearer Post when somewhat tired and meditating on the information before making a comment, otherwise I might " insert foot in mouth ".

Now, DON'T YOU GET A BIG HEAD FROM ALL THIS PRAISE;  ;D ;) ;D ;) ;D, ONLY KIDDING.

Your Brother, Samson.

Kat

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 12:41:41 PM »

Hi Samson,

What a sweet and uplifting message, thank you for being so kind  :D
really I have nothing to get a big head about.  God has given me lot's of time to spend here and I have time to look around and try to organize things a bit.  When I came here I was always searching through Ray's articles to find answers, now I'm pretty good at it and I just apply what I search out in post to members.  Yes God has been very gracious to me and truly I am humbled that He has taken a real nobody and let me share in this work.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.