bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exodus3:2  (Read 5015 times)

Jackie Lee

Exodus3:2
« on: July 27, 2008, 11:54:57 PM »

Exo 3:2 The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.
Please feel free to correct me, as I don't pick up as easy as most here.
 What I am picking up is we will be burned with fire like the burning bush yet not consumed.
The trash will be burned up and consumed and leave us pure.
Is this correct?

winner08

Re: Exodus3:2
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 02:14:07 AM »

Wow Jackie Lee I never have heard of it put that way before. That was a great  analogy.  Yes I do believe that is how it will happen. We will be consumed by God's fire but only to have our carnality burned out of us. We will be purified. Then we will be in God's image.  Yes purged of all of our sinfull nature. I mean how Else are we going to be able to really love our enemies, or not judge or lust. These things are impossible without God stepping in and curring us of this human nature of                             

Darren

Kat

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:56:08 PM »

Hi Jackie Lee,

I think the burning bush is a good example.  Look at this Scripture in Isaiah about Christ's return.

Isa 33:10  "Now I will arise," says the LORD, "now I will lift myself up; now I will be exalted.
v. 11  You conceive chaff; you give birth to stubble; your breath is a fire that will consume you.
v. 12  And the peoples will be as if burned to lime, like thorns cut down, that are burned in the fire."
v. 13  Hear, you who are far off, what I have done; and you who are near, acknowledge my might.
v. 14  The sinners in Zion are afraid; trembling has seized the godless: "Who among us can dwell with the consuming fire? Who among us can dwell with everlasting (of the age) burnings?"

Well that is a good question about the Lake of fire, so what happens to those cast in - continue reading.

v. 15  He who walks righteously and speaks uprightly, who despises the gain of oppressions, who shakes his hands, lest they hold a bribe, who stops his ears from hearing of bloodshed and shuts his eyes from looking on evil,
v. 16  he will dwell on the heights; his place of defense will be the fortresses of rocks; his bread will be given him; his water will be sure.

I think that is saying what will become of those 'burning' in the Lake of fire, their chaff and stubble will be comsumed.  So the chaff (sins) will be consumed, but as with the 'burning bush' not the person, they will learn righteousness.

Isa 26:9  My soul yearns for you in the night; my spirit within me earnestly seeks you. For when your judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

David

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 03:00:19 PM »

Wonderful observation Jackie Lee. There's another instance in scripture where there's a firey furnace, yet 3 of the people cast into it are not burned. Its in Daniel 3.

Jackie Lee

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 05:58:23 PM »

Thanks for the replys, I am glad I wasn't on a strange path. One thing that made me think of this scripture how now he is removing trash from my life, like a refinement.
I feel like some things are consumed and other things in my life are being consumed, Once the things are consumed I never have the desire to pick it up again.
 The things that are being consumed is still a battle.
This makes perfect sense that much of our judgement is now.
We are being consumed like the burning bush but yet we remain once all the thorns are burned.
Isa 33:10-14 is another great example.

WhoAmI

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:32:18 AM »

That whole process I can see in the exodus from the old man to the new. You go from Egypt to the Promise Land and on the way you encounter so many trials. And if it isn't bad enough you run into giants towards the end!  ;)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.