bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog, Cat, Rat  (Read 8546 times)

hillsbororiver

Dog, Cat, Rat
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:07:19 PM »

Hi Everyone,

This is a video of a homeless guy in Santa Barbara and his pets.

The Mayor of Santa Barbara filmed this clip and sent  it out as a Christmas card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85yrIgA4Nk

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

Re: Dog, Cat, Rat
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »

Hey Joe,

Thats something you don't see everyday. 
(Will the lion lay down with the lamb)

Thanks,
Brenda
 :D

AK4

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:09 PM »

hi everyone im new here.  Can anyone tell me how to post a  topic.

AK4

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:49:28 PM »

never mind i figured it out thanks ;D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:40 PM »

Hey Joe,

Thanks,
Brenda

;D

Hi Brenda,

Now if I could only find a verse that would have the rat lay down with the cat, then I would know the end was near!

Peace,

Joe

P.S. Glad you figured it out AK4!  ;)

EKnight

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »

That is amazing.  How do you find these things?

Eileen

WhoAmI

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »

Hey Joe,

Thanks,
Brenda

Hey Brenda,

Figure you might like this. I had always heard in the churches and seen many religious pictures painted with a lion and lamb laying down together. In those pictures I seen these quotes at the bottom. But when you read the scriptures it does not say the lion will lay down with the lamb. 

Isa 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the Lord.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 08:30:24 AM »

That is amazing.  How do you find these things?

Eileen

Hi Eileen,

I have friends who seem to dig up all sorts of things on the Internet and they often send them my way.

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 09:30:11 AM »

Hey Joe,

That's something you don't see everyday. 

Thanks,
Brenda

Hey Brenda,

Figure you might like this. I had always heard in the churches and seen many religious pictures painted with a lion and lamb laying down together. In those pictures I seen these quotes at the bottom. But when you read the scriptures it does not say the lion will lay down with the lamb. 

Isa 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain," Says the Lord.

Oh So that isn't an actual scripture :o
I appreciate knowing that :)
Brenda

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »

Although I was reluctant to change the light heartedness of this thread I thought perhaps it might be beneficial to take a deeper look into the scriptures previously quoted.

Isa 11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isa 11:7  And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 11:8  And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice's den.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of  the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

I don't believe the intent of these verses is to imply exclusiveness, for instance will it be a peaceful relationship exclusively between the wolf and the lamb but if the leapard confronts the lamb all bets are off? The cow and the bear are cool with each other but watch out for the lion, you see what I am saying?

The implication here is that peace will rein, natural enemies will be enemies no more.

Isa 65:25  The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Every now and then God provides a glimpse of His promises through the natural world, I believe He has provided such a glimpse with this man's pets in the video, all natural enemies but living in peace together.

WhoAmI, I commend your intention of keeping the scripures intact I just wanted to look more into the message of these verses.

Peace,

Joe

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

Thanks Joe,

I received an email that has been going around by someone claiming they are an intercessor prayer warrior "For One Nation Under God".  It goes on to list all the hateful things through the years that Islamic males between the ages of 17 and 40 have done.  And tells people the Book of Revelations tells the Antichrist will be a male between the ages of 17 and 40 of Islamic descent blaah-blaah...Blah!....Not to vote "this" person for President.  Just hateful trash!

Thanks for showing us a cute glimpse of "Gods Real Revelation" of things to come!
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »

Hey Joe,

I was expecting to see this dirty man with raggedy clothes, a mangy Dog, a scrawny Cat and a big ugly sewer Rat in some Ghetto area,  ;D ;D ;D; instead I come across this clean cut Dog, Cat and Rat. I actually have a fear of Rat's, but this one, I might be able to pet(maybe once),  ;)

If only people acted this nice, only God can train them;  ;D

Thanks for the Thread, Samson.

iris

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »

Hi Joe,

That's an amazing video.  :)

ak4, welcome to the forum.

Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 10:37:38 AM »

Hi Brenda, Samson & Iris,

You are all very welcome!

Peace,

Joe

Vangie

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 09:20:22 AM »

After Joe posted this, I saw it (as well as Christian the Lion!) on a news show like Good Morning America.  It's so cool that we get to see things here before it makes it to television.  Thanks to Joe who has a nose for what makes GOOD press!

Brenda,
I've gotten that same email you're talking about, along with a lot of others labelling themselves as "Christian" but carrying such a hateful message.  And what about the ones that have a "prayer" that sounds really good, but you have to forward it to 13 people in the next 5 minutes or you won't be blessed.  (Which brings to mind your sorcery thread!)  I think I've mentioned this before, but they seem to circulate in stages, and I've just gone through another round of them--it kind of gripes me when I receive such blasphemy...and I surely don't mind "breaking the chain"!

Back to the thread we're in... ;D ;D!  Thanks for the great scriptures Joe--the living in harmony together reminds me of the future joy we'll experience:

Phl 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;
Phl 2:11  And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Like that song that goes, "Someday, We'll Be Together...."

Love in Christ,
Vangie

OBrenda

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2008, 09:38:53 AM »

Hi Vangie,

Those "chain" letters/emails really creep me out!  I also delete them. ::)

These videos that Joe has shared, have brought God's Joy!
I can see all of us as "Christian the Lion" greeting Jesus when he returns!

Thanks Joe,
Brenda
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.