bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corithians  (Read 10550 times)

chrissiela

Corithians
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »

Joe,

I'm not suite sure I understand the point that you are trying to make. I would agree that the seven churches in Revelation are God's Churches, and are representative of ALL of God's churches - even outside of Asia, right?

Is there some kind of spiritual significance to the fact that it is the churches IN ASIA that the letters are addressed to? I think that is the question (at least the one that was asking/addressing... I hope I didn't misunderstand).

The Holy Spirit prevented the gospel from being taught in Asia initially. Is there spiritual significance in that?

I am drawing pretty much of a blank on this so far, but am getting a few glimpses here and there into 'possibilites' but am unable to expand or expound on them with any depth or clarity yet. Just waiting on the Lord for further revelation or insight, if there be any to offer on this.

Could it have anything to do with the establishment of these churches by Paul?

Could it have anything to do with their location? Or with Asia being to the 'east'?  (Would Asia even be consider to be 'to the east'?)

I think it's intriguing, especially since I never even noticed WHO (besides seven churches) the letters were addressed to.... in that they were to particular churches in a particular area (though, I am sure representative of all).

Maybe it doesn't even matter.... but it certainly peaked MY curiousity.  :wink:

Chrissie

Steve Crook

Corithians
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 03:26:38 PM »

Firstly, seven is the number representing completeness and also the completeness of Judgement.

There are lots of “seven� symbolism in Revelation, so it is important to keep track of.

(Rev 1:20)  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

The churches in ASIA were written to because they are a symbol for the rest of the carnal church , THE COMPLETE CHURCH SYSTEM throughout mans time on earth.

Revelation is written for ALL GENERATIONS. That’s why ech person reading Rev. is told to “KEEP the sayings….�

(Rev 1:13)  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

(Rev 2:1)  Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

(Rom 8:9)  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
(Rom 8:10)  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
(Rom 8:11)  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Who is it the CHRIST AND THE FATHER dwell in?

This message of “The Revelation of Jesus Christ� goes out to everyone. (albeit not in this age)

(Rev 1:4)  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

The seven churches….are preached the TRUTH of Christ…… seal, trumpets, plaques, etc., are delivered to the “seven churches� or “called� VIA the SEVEN ANGELS OF THE CHURCHES, or in other places, the “CHOSEN ELECT�.

Hope this helps. A lot of the readers here won’t agree to what I’ve typed, so please message me if you want to ask any questions or just chat. Thanks

worm

Corithians
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2006, 05:16:37 AM »

yes...we know that seven is "completeness"...but what does it have to do with the specific churches (the question Daniel was asking)...why is not the church of Jerusalem...or Alexandria included in the seven...that was the question...

the only churches in the seven are those Paul established in Asia (asia minor that is ie east europe)...Jesus said in revelation that they are 'babylon"...and we should come out of them...maybe there's something deeper to be known?

Daniel

Corithians
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2006, 11:55:02 AM »

Worm, I like the way you think, my thoughts exactly!

Daniel

eutychus

Corithians
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2006, 01:02:52 PM »

Quote from: worm
yes...we know that seven is "completeness"...but what does it have to do with the specific churches (the question Daniel was asking)...why is not the church of Jerusalem...or Alexandria included in the seven...that was the question...

the only churches in the seven are those Paul established in Asia (asia minor that is ie east europe)...Jesus said in revelation that they are 'babylon"...and we should come out of them...maybe there's something deeper to be known?

maybe cause the church in jerusalem was scatterd, was the city not destroyed and in chaos?

hillsbororiver

Corithians
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2006, 01:07:06 PM »

Let me venture an idea, albeit one I will need to research a bit further, the churches of "Asia" (the Gentile world) were the ones being symbolically spoken to. The churches in Jerusalem and Alexandria were for the most part made up of Jews, the city of Alexandria was 25% Jewish at the time and Jews populated virtually the entire Northeastern section of the city. Of course Jerusalem was predominently Jewish. And again there may be no real significance as the traits of these 7 churches can be found in all of them (churches) through history until the present day and to the future (in this age).

This message in Revelation may possibly be for the "Gentile conversion" as the Lord says in Luke; there is a time appointed for Gentiles and then Jews.

Luk 21:24  And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

The end of the age?

I understand there is no distinction of Jew or Gentile in the Kingdom but the symbolism may pertain to the Jews or Israel still in bondage to the Law Of Moses.

Interesting question, I will e-mail Ray and also check it out myself.

Joe

Daniel

Corithians
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2006, 01:25:31 PM »

JOE :shock:  interesting! You said, the end of an age, the end of the law perhaps? The law was ordained of angels in the hand of a mediator right?

There are seven angels in the hand of Christ (who is a mediator of a better covenant)

As Steve Cook reminded us, that seven means complete. The end of the law? The grace and truth that would come to us through Christ?

Being made perfect and complete in Him maybe?

Daniel
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.