bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Did Jesus ever get sick?  (Read 27030 times)

jakfr0s

Did Jesus ever get sick?
« on: July 28, 2008, 09:19:08 PM »

Hi all! Iam asking this because I was reading in this.

Joh 9:1 And, passing along, He perceived a man, blind from birth."
Joh 9:2 And His disciples ask Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents that he should be born blind?
Joh 9:3 Jesus answered, "Neither this man sinned, nor his parents, but it is that the works of God may be manifested in him."

Is blindness considered a kind of sickness? If so then it seems to me that sin has does not cause sickness.
I could be so very wrong, but it seems that its just as verse 9:3 states.

I also read somewhere in one of Ray's papers that in fact Jesus did get sick, but I could be wrong and maybe read it somewhere else. But for the life of me I cant find that in Scriptures cause I know there was something in there that said something like maybe Jesus got sick. I searched the forums here but could not find such a subject. I may have to re-read all of Ray's papers again just to find it.

You know I tried to get this all out of my mind, but for what ever reason I couldnt.

Anyway I was looking for info on sweating blood sickness or something like that. I went over to webmd.com and put in the terms "sweating blood".  It didnt show me anything about sweating blood, but it showed me something called Supraventricular Tachycardia. And I was like whoa! I think I got that sickness in me. The symptoms were,     *  A racing or fluttering feeling in the chest (palpitations).
    * Chest discomfort (pressure, tightness, pain).
    * Lightheadedness or dizziness.
    * Fainting (syncope).
    * Shortness of breath.
    * A pounding pulse. You may feel or see your pulse beating, especially at your neck, where large blood vessels are close to the skin.
    * Sweating.
    * Tightness or fullness in the throat.
    * Tiredness (fatigue).
    * Excessive urine production.
  Im like thats me! Except for the fainting, although I have felt like fainting before. Im no doctor but I did see a doctor before about one of those symptoms, which was the palpitations, but he said I was fine.

Anyway I suffer from all kinds of illness, but to me this is the scariest and most pressing. Its also why I think I quit going out, playing ball and all kinds of outdoor activities I use to do. I thought maybe my heart would explode or something.

I really dont like going to the doctor or even the dentist. Hopefully God will put a desire in me to go and see them one of these days.

But I still would really like to know what you all think or know from Scriptures about Jesus possibly getting sick? 

Your Friend in Christ, George D.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Did Jesus ever get sick?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 09:53:30 PM »

George,

This is taken from the transcript of the Nashville Conference 2007, under the title "Who and What Is Jesus?"

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

Luke 4:22 …And they said, "Is not this Joseph's Son?"
v. 23  And He said to them, "Doubtless you will quote to Me this proverb, 'Physician, heal Yourself.’

Did you get that?  Doubtless He said, your going to say that to Me.  Why?  He healed people, right?  But He was sick and diseased!  So your going to say to Me, well if you’re the great Physician and You're healing all these people, surely you're going to say to Me,  “Physician, heal Yourself.”
Christ had a burden to bare.  He was nothing to look at though, sickly and diseased, “a tender shoot out of dry ground” (Isa 53:2), sick, diseased with infirmaries.

Now it says in Isa 53:3, “He is despised and rejected by others, a Man of suffering (Heb.-pain).”  Because when we say suffering, right away we think of some spiritual thing.  You know He suffered persecution and things of that nature.  It’s still suffering, but the word is pain.  Why was He in pain?  Because He had infirmaries.  Is this a different Jesus than you have been thinking about? 

Isa 53:3 “...and as One from whom men hide their faces…”  that’s not what it says in the Hebrew, it should say  “As One who hides His face,”   Imagine the Son of God,  Creator of the universe and in a body that’s uncomely, diseased, infirmaries and pain.  It’s like when you go through a crowd, you don’t want to call attention to yourself, because there’s nothing here to see, you know. 

Isa 53:3 “… He was despised, and we held Him of no account.  V. 4 ….. and carried our diseases;” 
Do you understand where this says He was tempted in all ways as we, yet without sin (Heb 4:15).  And we think once in a while a pretty girl passed Him, He had to say, well I’ll look the other way.  No!  This is a whole lot more real than that. 
He carried our diseases, oh.  They will say, no He went to the cross for our diseases.  No, He carried them in His body.  And now is where they say, God just really beat the living day lights out of Him?  That we count Him stricken down and afflicted?  Who would say that?!  It says WE.  It doesn’t say God struck Him down. That is blaspheme.  WE accounted Him stricken down and afflicted, we that’s a people.  When they saw Him, they said 'this Man is being cursed of God, look at the pathetic thing.  God is cursing this man bad, I wonder what He did wrong.'  And then He would heal the people. 
I mean it wasn’t the first time where He said, I know your all looking at Me saying, “heal Yourself Physician.”  That must have come up many times, you know.  It’s not in the Bible though it says;

John 21:25  Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.

I mean how many hundreds of times did someone say, Lord you’ve healed me, I’m whole, why doesn’t God heal You?  He would say that’s not My job to be healed and walk around whole and handsome, fortified and all that.  He came to carry your diseases.  I heal you, but I carry them in My body.  WE account Him stricken down by God and afflicted, because that’s what you would conclude and that’s what people would look at. 

Hope this helps.

René

jakfr0s

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 11:25:39 PM »

Wow thats incredible! How did I miss all that the first time? Not only did I read your post but most of the article you linked.

I dont feel so bad about my sickness anymore. Seems to be a very good thing. I know it dose not feel good at times, but I see it's just something we have to go through also. What a contrast it will be when we experience the good God has in store!

Thank you very much Rene, that really helped alot.

winner08

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 03:01:13 AM »

I just looked up Isa 53:3 This is something I never contemplated before. I always thought of this verse as being spiritual. Not Jesus having physical pain and suffering physically. This has never crossed my mind. As I looked up several of these words it became clear to me. e-sword is great.

Darren

WhoAmI

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:34:42 AM »

I would think he got sick and tired! Wouldn't you with those nagging Pharisees!  ;D

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 08:06:41 AM »

Hi there George,

1 Pet 4:1 Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin.

This verse has helped me a great deal as I am in pain, daily.  I have had spinal surgery and have four titanium screws in my lower back.  Because Christ suffered in his body, I can live with my pain.

Love in Christ
Heidi

Berg3699

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »

Okay let me tell you this Jesus did not get sick. I will show this with the scriptures. Rev. 12:10 '. . . For the accuser(Satan) of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.' If we do wrong (Jesus didnt) then Satan accuses us and if God agrees we get sick or something is done to us, because Jesus didnt do wrong he could not get sick because Satan couldnt accuse him of anything. Why do you think Satan tempted Jesus in the desert? Its to get something to accuse Jesus off.

Berg3699

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

Take a look at the story of Job my friend.

Amrhrasach

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 02:30:26 PM »

Take a look at the story of Job my friend.

What did Job do "wrong"?

winner08

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »

Good point. what wrong did Job do? He love the Lord and was a righteous man. Berg3699, where is it said(scriptural) that we sin and God lets the devil make us sick. Is this what your said? If so it sounds like you are injecting your own opinion. if your going to prove scripture you need another scripture to back the first one up. I believe Ray said that.  It takes two. If you did not say this then I'm sorry. Forget what I said.

Darren

WhoAmI

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:55:04 AM »

I knew some folks who had a friend and he had switched churches from their church and he had car trouble like a week later. They said it was because he had upset God.  ???

rjsurfs

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »

I knew some folks who had a friend and he had switched churches from their church and he had car trouble like a week later. They said it was because he had upset God.  ???

Ok, I almost spit my coffee out laughing at that... THANK YOU!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

Yea, it is funny, but tragical true.

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 11:21:50 AM »

Maybe God was mad, he switched Churches.....instead of coming out of Her? ;D
(So God the most Powerful of All......has a temper tantrum on a car, for changing churches)
Give Me A Break!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 11:25:29 AM by OBrenda »

David

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »

According to Exodus 4:11, God creates the deaf, the dumb, the seeing and the blind.

Patrick

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »

Col 1:16  For in Him were all things created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominations, or principalities, or powers. All things were created by Him and in Him.
Col 1:17  And He is before all: and by Him all things consist.

1Ti 5:23  Do not still drink water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thy frequent infirmities.
Luke was a physician and it's just my opinion right now, but Luke may have been Paul's personal physician and may have been the one who instructed Paul to tell Timothy about the wine.
If you have the means, go see a doctor. If they bother you that much, try something holistic.

Brian

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 01:19:34 AM »

Anyway I was looking for info on sweating blood sickness or something like that. I went over to webmd.com and put in the terms "sweating blood".  It didnt show me anything about sweating blood,...

Greetings George,
The medical term you are looking for is HEMATIDROSIS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematidrosis

jakfr0s

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 11:06:43 AM »

Wow, Jesus was under alot of stress then. I mean who wouldnt be, knowing the suffering He was about to experience. The next thing that comes to mind is the incredible peace He must have felt when He was resurrected. He truly is the Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Joh 20:26  And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Eph 2:15  Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

Rom 8:6  For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Joh 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

There are over 400 instances of the word peace in the King James Version of the Bible, these were some of the ones that really spoke to me.

Linny

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 03:36:24 AM »

Amrhrasach, I will answer your question about what Job did wrong.
Job 3:25  For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Since the Word tells us 365 times not to fear and since fear is Satan's greatest weapon, fear is a bad thing for us to have. How many people get what they fear? Job was righteous, but he was apparently in great fear.

Fear is not allowed in our home. We fight it hard! >:(  It isn't easy but we work at it. And believe me when I say we have faced fear many times in the past several years and come out victorious when we choose NOT to fear.
Just this spring we faced the IRS (and won) and forclosure on our home (and tomorrow the judge will hit his gavel and we are out of forclosure!)  ;D
We thank God for teaching us not to fear and for giving us the faith needed to walk through these trials in victory! We ask and believe for what we need and we get it. God is faithful!

I am thankful for Job's story and the lessons within it.

jakfr0s

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 07:24:12 AM »

Hi Linny, I hope not to offend, please believe me when I say this.

I beleive Job did no wrong according to the first verse in Job which says;

Job 1:1 There was a man in the country of Uz. Job was his name. And this man was flawless and upright, fearing Elohim and withdrawing from evil.

And this;

Job 1:8 So Yahweh said to Satan, Have you set your heart on My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a man flawless and upright, fearing Elohim and withdrawing from evil.

It was God who caused Satan to do this to Job

Job 1:12 Hence Yahweh said to Satan, Behold, all that he has is in your hand, but you must not put forth your hand upon himself. Then Satan went forth from Yahweh's presence.

Even after God did this to Job's family Job said this;

Job 1:21 And he said, Naked I came forth from the belly of my mother, and naked I shall return there. Yahweh, He gives, and Yahweh, He takes away. Blessed be the name of Yahweh.

Job 1:22 In all this, Job neither sinned nor ascribed anything improper to Elohim.

It seems Job said this after God did this to him;

Job 3:25  For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me

I mean who wouldnt be fearful after all that? Isnt it God Who inspires fear? All and any fear? Isnt fear part of evil, which God created? Seems Job was fearful of God as we all should be. I dont think it was the evil kind of fear Job had though.

Exo 34:10 Then He said: Behold, I am contracting a covenant; in front of all your people shall I do marvels which have not been created on the entire earth, or among any of the nations. So all the people among whom you are will see the handiwork of Yahweh, for fear inspiring is that which I am doing with you.

I believe here is why evil happens to us, according to Job;

Job 5:7 But humanity is born to misery, Even as sparks of burning coal shoot aloft to fly.
Job 5:8 Howbeit, as for me, I inquire of El, And before Elohim do I place my cause,

Even after all this God blessed Job even more than before. Because Job endured and was always patient. Just like God will do for us if we endure and be patient even when we suffer. Job is one of the best examples on how to endure trials.

I agree evil fear needs to be repented of, I simply cannot choose to be fearless. I have to ask God to grant me courage, and to remove the fear. There is also a healthy fear of which Job had for God. Maybe Im wrong, and prepared to be corrected. Im always willing to learn ;D

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 23 queries.