bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Jerusalem - the Elect in victory  (Read 5533 times)

Kat

New Jerusalem - the Elect in victory
« on: July 29, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »

Here is a section from the Lake of Fire article no. 1 'The Book of Revelation is a Book of Symbols.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html ---------------------------

We are saved by grace through faith (Eph. 2:08). However, that does not purge us from all our filthy thoughts and deeds. No, there is more. There is also a consuming FIRE that God uses on us:

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE; Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY EVERY MAN’S WORK of what sort it is. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man’s work shall be BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS; but [pay close attention to this BIG BUT] BUT HE HIMSELF [the one who had his works burned and consumed in God’s consuming fire] SHALL BE SAVED [What will save him?], yet so AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3:11-15)!!!

Ah dear readers, can we begin to understand the workings of God? God consumes with fire, the wood, hay and stubble in our lives. The things that don’t deserve to continue. But he REFINES the gold, silver, and precious stones (those doctrines and godly character traits of God’s spirit that abide the fire). It is figurative language, it is an analogy, it is a parable, it is metaphorical (where one thing is called another thing). Our lives have either qualities of character (which are likened to gold and precious stones, things of value to refine and retain), or gross lacks in character (which are likened to wood, hay, and stubble and which are not worthy to retain or preserve).

And just as real literal fire is used to refine and purify gold and precious metals, so God’s SPIRITUAL FIRE refines and purifies us from our sinful and carnal nature. And likewise, as real literal fire is used to burn up wood and stubble, so God’s all consuming SPIRITUAL FIRE will consume and burn up all the impurities in our life. These things MUST DIE. This purging is the SECOND DEATH. And whether the person God subjects to His consuming fire has many good qualities or none, the person himself shall be purged, purified, and SAVED BY GOD’S ALL-CONSUMING SPIRITUAL FIRE!!! We just read it in God’s Holy Word. How can any deny it? Every person who has ever lived will be subjected to the cleaning fire of God’s spirit.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Now notice how New Jerusalem is pictured in Revelation.

Rev 21:1-2 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Rev 21:10-11 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

Rev 21:18-22 The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, clear as glass. The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, transparent as glass. And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb.

This is New Jerusalem with all this symbolic precious stones and metals. Isn’t this a beautiful way to picture Christ returning with His Elect.  This is what Paul is referring to in 1 Corinthians.

1 Cor 15:52  In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
v. 53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
v. 54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
v. 55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

All of these firey trials and purging of sin is so worth it, when you realize what it can produce.  Just trying to think about how all that must be, just blows your mind  :)

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
v. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

OBrenda

Re: New Jerusalem - the Elect in victory
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »

Hey Kat,

When you read this, it's hard not to get excited!  ;D and awe struck at the same time  :o

Be Greatly Blessed,
Brenda

iris

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »

Hi Kat,

That was a great post.

Iris

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:23:48 AM »

Hi Kat a very helpful post, Thank you!

Kat

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 12:34:41 AM »

Hi girls,

I think it is very beneficial to comtemplate what we are striving for.  We need all the encouragement we can get living in this world  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:37:27 AM »

A hearty AMEN!

Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Peace,

Joe

winner08

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:53:16 AM »

To see Him as He is, What an awesome site that will be. Our puny little minds can not even begin to know.

Darren

Robin

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »

Thank you Kat.

David

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 09:12:10 PM »

Thanks Kat, great post. In Rev 21:11, the analogy "clear as glass" is used. Glass can only be made by applying intense heat to sand or "dust".  ;)

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 10:45:57 PM »

:D Great post, Kat!  :D

I have a confession to make about the first verse quoted in your post....
I made a really dumb mistake the other night--some friends came over to discuss the Bible, one is on the fence about salvation for all, and the other person is very much "a church goer" but wanting to talk about what we've been learning....

I am a student and not ready for any of this....but I was put on the spot by my hubby, who is all excited now that he sees that there is no literal hell...he jumped right in and then asked me for the verses??? Anyway...I think I did an ok job in presenting what I believe, because I know what I believe....but in a heated moment of "discussion" I flipped out the verse that you just quoted at the top: I Cor. 3:11-15 as a "salvation for ALL" scripture....I knew that when I did, I'd made a mistake....I could feel the heat in the spirit!! If you look closely, the "every man's work" mentioned there are from the select group that are building on the firm "foundation of Christ," i.e. believers to begin with!  If anyone has other thoughts on this: please! have at it!! I am sooo embarrassed!   :-\
Joyce :)

Kat

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »

Hi David,

In Rev 21:11, the analogy "clear as glass" is used. Glass can only be made by applying intense heat to sand or "dust". 

It is so amazing how all of these different things fit together and picture the same thing so well.  But of course God designed it to be like that.

Hi Joyce,

If you look closely, the "every man's work" mentioned there are from the select group that are building on the firm "foundation of Christ," i.e. believers to begin with!

1Cor 3:11  For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Paul was speaking to the Brethren here, he is saying how it works for them now, as "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God" 1 Peter 4:17.
But if you will notice he goes on to say;

1Cor 3:12  Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,
v. 13  each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.

Paul is speaking to the Believers at that time, but "the Day will declare it" I believe also apply to those being judged when Christ returns, as "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (for the ages)" Heb 13:8.

1Cor 3:14  If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward.
v. 15  If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

This applies to all of mankind.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2008, 07:02:41 AM »

:D
You have added to my understanding, Kat, thank you! I just wish that you'd been at my kitchen table the other night when I REALLY needed you!! LOL!
Joyce :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:08:58 AM by joyful1 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.