bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, July 29, 2008--The Day of the dumb@@@  (Read 5237 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Tuesday, July 29, 2008--The Day of the dumb@@@
« on: July 29, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »

Yep, that's me.  And this has been my day.  If I have shared it with any of you, then you too know just how big of a dumb@@@ I am.

How kind you all have been to suffer a fool like me.  How gracious God has been to shine a little more light into my dusty old excuse for a brain.

2006 Mobile Conference.  Required listening for all dumbasses.  Get your copy today!

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

Re: Tuesday, July 29, 2008--The Day of the dumb@@@
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »

Dave what are you talking about why are you a dumb @#$ ???

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 12:24:06 AM »

Hey Brenda.  You'll have to ask God why I'm a dumb@@@.   :D

I've just been over-intellectualizing this stuff and that's bad for 2 reasons.  1.  It's beyond the capabilities of a dumb@@@ and 2.  It's just a dumb@@@ thing to do.

My life is characterized WAY more by sin than by righteousness.  I have this much light.  Time to start walking in it.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jakfr0s

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:42 AM »

Hi Dave, Im not totally sure what over-intellectualizing means. Is that another way to say smarty pants? Please forgive me if im wrong, I only want to understand.

Your Friend in Christ, George D.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »

I think this is what Dave Means ? ?

IMO  Over-intellectualizing means...
Over thinking things....To miss the simple truth...to much "mind chatter"...
We all forget there is a part of Us from God that is more intelligent than our thoughts or opinions?
It's not something you can understand with your mind/ego/intelect. 

I can certainly relate, and am guilty....sometimes I really need a Lobotomy! ;D
So I'm going to check out the Mobile 2006 audios also,
Brenda

jakfr0s

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »

Ok thank you Brenda.

And I thought I was the only one with too much "mind chatter". I was beginning to think that there was something wrong with me.

It actually really gets to me sometimes. Sometimes I cant sleep because of it.

I just found this verse, and maybe its more for me, but I hope it helps.

Psa 94:19 When my disquieting thoughts within me are many, Your consolations, they are heartening my soul.

I think I may need to check out Mobile 2006 audios too.

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:42 AM »

Psa 94:19 When my disquieting thoughts within me are many, Your consolations, they are heartening my soul.
George,
I love that Scripture, I don't believe I've read that one before! (need to tape that one to my forehead)  :-\
Thanks....Your Friend,
Brenda

P.S.  Hope I didn't jump in on you Dave,....what are your thoughts on "Smarty-Pants"  ?  ;D ;D
        Not only does the Brain work overtime, some times my mouth runith over... :-[

jakfr0s

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »

Sure thing Brenda, but if it wasn't for esword I would have never found it. Esword makes it so easy.  Makes me appreciate the hard work Ray puts into finding Scriptures the hard way.

But I really must thank you and Dave for mentioning the mobile 06 audio. It has been a real blessing from God to me. I haven't finished it yet, but I skipped the first one because of the poor audio, and just started from the second one. The ending of that second audio was the kicker for me. I thought about starting a new post concerning what Ray said about men and women, but was too embarrassed.  But now I see how God wants me to see my relationship with my wife. There is so much more I wanna say, but it would require a new post, and I hate to take away from Dave's post.

Thank you all, and thank God,

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »

Quote from: jakfr0s
I skipped the first one because of the poor audio, and just started from the second one.

Transcript of first audio; Mobile 06.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html

jakfr0s

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 02:54:15 PM »

Thanks Patrick, I will read that.

Dave I hope I didnt offend you with the smarty pants thing. I honestly didnt know what your 50 cent word meant. I tried to look it up in the dictionary, but still couldnt get it. So I googled it and saw smarty pants in there. Im the real dumb@r$$ for not being able to understand. If I offended you Im sorry. :-[

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 02:57:37 PM »

That's as fine a definition as I could come up with, OBrenda.

I guess I've been waiting for 'signs and wonders' emotional or intellectual to move me to do some things I know I have been needing to do.  Ray tells it different and God has already put it in my heart to obey.  I don't need to understand ALL things to begin to DO some things.  I've already started and I DO feel better with a cleaner concience.  If I screw up, I screw up.  

The righteous man may fall seven times seven times, but he won't be utterly cast down.  Liberating.

Anyways...this is the 'testimony' forum and that's mine for now.  

jakfros, I'd LOVE to hear what you are learning.  

jakfr0s

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »

Dave, Im not sure if your serious. I wish I could see your face as it is right now. Im not as smart as most of you, and too be honest Im embarrassed about that. Maybe Im assuming the worst. I dont know.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »

Hey, Brother.  I'm almost always smiling, at least when I'm not sinning.  The whole post was just my way to build a marker like they did in Old Testament times.  I'm done now.   ;D

You are as much an encouragement to me as any poster on this forum.  So rest easy with my thanks.

I DO want to hear what you are learning.  That part of the series moved me very much too.

jakfr0s

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »

Hi Dave, I thought about it, and prayed about it and came to the conclusion that this must stay between our Heavenly Father my wife and myself.

But I think the second audio really tells you how Ive struggled.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.