bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keep me in your Prayers  (Read 5384 times)

Sozo

Keep me in your Prayers
« on: July 30, 2008, 11:24:41 AM »

I would just like to ask if you guys could keep me in your prayers.  This Sunday I will be talking with a group of about 12-15 people in a Sunday School Class that has typical Christian beliefs (Hell, tithing, etc.).  Almost all of them believe the normal teaching except for maybe one or two that is questioning things.  This is part of the reason I was invited to talk with them.

Now of course I don't know what God has planned for this.  Maybe he will show a couple of them the truth or maybe he is going to use it to continue humbling me.  I would like for some of them to have their eyes opened, but that may not be in God's plan.

Anyway, here is my request:  I will be the only one that is not in their Babylonian system and I realize that I will be considered the heretic while I am there.  In this setting, I will most likely be anxious and nervous.  So I was just wondering if you guys would pray for me.  Ask God to give me the courage I will need to share his truth no matter what they through at me.  More importantly pray that God's will be done.

OBrenda

Re: Keep me in your Prayers
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:34:08 AM »

Wow, right into the lions Den!

I will certainly pray for you.  Are they aware that you are bringing a different teaching?

Speak His Truth,
Brenda

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »

God's blessings on both the speaker and the hearers.  His word will not return void. 

Isa. 55:10  For, as come down doth the shower, And the snow from the heavens, And thither returneth not, But hath watered the earth, And hath caused it to yield, and to spring up, And hath given seed to the sower, and bread to the eater, 11  So is My word that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jakfr0s

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:45:05 PM »

Iam praying for you all concerning this matter also, Sozo.

Psa 119:18  Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

Let His will be done.

Your Friend in Christ, George D.

Sozo

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:18 PM »

Thanks guys.  Yes, Brenda...they are fully aware it will be a different teaching.

musicman

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 02:01:47 AM »

Let's practice.  I'll be them.

1.  No hell?  Yeah right.  So what did Jesus save us from?
2.  It's a world of opposites.  If there's a heaven then there must be a hell.
3.  Jesus spoke twice as much about hell as he did about heaven.
4.  If there's no hell then why did Jesus talk about it so much?
5.  So where was the rich man?
6.  What do you believe in, purgatory?
7.  So I guess sinners get off scott free?  I might as well just sin away because there's no hell.
8.  Hell is punishment for rejecting Christ's free gift of salvation.
9.  God doesn't send people to hell.  People choose to go to hell.
10. God would never force anybody to love Him.  That's why he gave people the free will to accept or reject him.
11. Hell is in the center of the earth because science has proven that it's really hot there.
12. The Lake of Fire is hell.
13. The Lake of Fire was created for Satan and his angels. 
14. Satan doesn't want to spend eternity in hell alone so he tricked you into believing heresy and that hell doesn't exist.
15. Haven't you heard of Pasquels Wager?  What if you're wrong?
16. You can't blame God if you go to hell.  He loved you enough to give you a free will.
17. Everybody deserves to go to hell.  God does'nt have to save anybody.
18. There will be wailing and nashing of teeth.
19. If you don't believe in the trinity then you must be a Jehova Witness.
20. How can churches pay their bills if people don't tithe?

Anyway, good luck (wish I could do what your going to do).

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:05:30 AM by musicman »

jerreye

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 02:16:45 AM »

Sozo, I respect what you are doing. I trust that God will use your words to bring understanding to some of those hearts. Whatever the result, God will bless you for it.

I will pray for you.

God bless,
Jeremy

Sozo

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 10:46:32 AM »

Musicman,

Thanks for the practice....sounds like you've been talking to some of them also.   ;D

You have definitely hit the nail on the head.  I think you should post that in general discussion and let everyone know what they should be prepared for when talking with others.

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 11:52:30 PM »

Sozo,

How did it go my friend?  Did you have your meeting?

Brenda
 ;D

Sozo

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 11:42:09 AM »

Sorry for the delay in letting you guys know how it went.  I'm just a little unsure of how much I need to tell you for the sake of keeping the post short.  Oh well, I'll give you the whole story...might be a little long though.

Well, it turns out that the meeting was a setup to try and make a fool out of me and the scripture.  However, I fully expected something like that to happen.  Let me see if I can explain the setting to you.  I was told that I would be leading the class with my teaching and would be answering a lot of questions and such.  I was fully prepared with an outline of everything that I would be going over.  However, it was also my prayer that God would lead the meeting and not my outline.

This church usually has a sermon going on at the same time as this Sunday School class.  Well, they had completely canceled that service in order for the pastor and church CEO to be in this class.  They had also brought in another pastor who was supposedly well educated and trained in Greek and Hebrew.  Now picture this...in the small classroom, there was 14 people.  10 of us sat around one of those metal tables in normal metal type chairs...then next to the wall just behind us, there were 4 big priestly type chairs with cushions and armrests and such.  Guess who sat there?  That's right...the pastor, the CEO, the guest pastor and his wife.  They were on their pedestal and about to make a meal of me.  It really was a funny site.

When the meeting started, I was told that I had 10 minutes to say what I wanted....so much for my preparations.  I just closed my notebook and sat it down beside me.  The next hour was basically a lot of discussion and debate.  Here is an example of some of it.  At one point the guest pastor was talking about himself.  He proudly stated that he was seminary trained and well educated in the word.  He asked me if I was educated in Greek and I said "no".  He asked if I was educated in Hebrew and I said "no".  Then he proudly stated that he was educated in both Greek and Hebrew.  (Have you ever seen a puffer fish?  Well, that's exactly what he was at that moment.  I tried not to smile at his arrogance.)  About 5 minutes later, we began discussing eternity in a certain passage.  I said, "Well, lets let David tell us what the Greek word is that is used here since he is more educated than myself."  Get this...he didn't know. 

So I let every one know that the Greek word used here was "aionios."  Then we asked David if he could tell us what "aionios" was and what it meant.  He started babbling a bunch of nonsense.  I was almost embarrassed for him.  I then explained to them the meaning of this word and how it was used in scripture and how it was impossible to mean eternal.  After that, David had very little input for the rest of the meeting.  We then discussed the various "hell" mistranslations and the "lucifer" mistranslation to which no one could refute.

Out of everything discussed, no one could refute one thing I said by using scripture.  It basically came down to their final answer for everything they believed being this:  "We accept what we believe on faith."  That was it.  They refused to accept the truth and replaced it with their own beliefs and traditions.

So what took place in the meeting?  Was it beneficial to anyone?  I believe it was. 

• It showed me what it truly means to be blinded.  If I showed these people a red pen and said "this pen is red", they would have said "no, the pen is blue" if that is what they believed. 
  • A couple of them asked me inquiring questions after the meeting.  Maybe God is beginning to open there eyes.  Only he knows.
  • My wife realized just how deceitful, cunning and mean they tried to be.  She realized what Ray always says, "Hell hath no fury like a Christian that has been shown the truth."  She cried later that night when it all set in.  She has never read any of the hateful comments that I receive on my site so it was kind of an eye opener for her.  It really upset her that someone would be so hateful to her husband over this.

Thank you all for your prayers as I went into this meeting.  God was completely in control.  My carnality wanted to say that "I really showed them."  But, it was all of God.  It is my prayer that when I feel victorious with things like this, that God will make me humble.  It is so easy to expose their false teachings.  Yet if God had not brought me out of Babylon, I would still be believing those same teachings.  This is also part of the reason I was hesitant to post this.  I didn't want others to think that I was bragging.  I am no different than anyone else that was in that meeting.  It is only God that has given me grace and opened my eyes to his wonderful truth.

Thank you Father for your Grace and Mercy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:44:06 AM by Sozo »

gmik

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »

Sozo, I am just amazed!!  I had to print out Musicman's great list and also your story of how it went!!!

That was a textbook example of Babylon in the face of the truth!  Puffer fish indeed! :D You know they didn't want truth, they wanted to set you straight.

God Bless you for wanting to help them. You were braver than I ever want to be.  Bless your wife too for her tender heart!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 12:33:49 PM »

I've been so much looking forward to your report.  Thanks.

Man, you really WERE called up before the tribunal!  I can just picture the scene.  Just the shutting of their mouths was a mircale, and the few who had the courage to talk to you afterward speaks.  His word will not return empty.

God bless your wife, too. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

musicman

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 03:32:44 PM »

Wow, sounds like fun.  I've been involved in a few blogs this summer and it's obvious that Christians are blind.  I celebrate this because it makes the scriptures that much more credible.  It is a lonely feeling to proove truths with scripture, only to have it all thrown back into your face.  It just makes me marvel, how few is few.

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »

Thanks for sharing Sozo,

I guess if God can shut up the "Lions Mouth"

He can take the Hot Air out of a Puffer Fish!
 ;D

God Bless You For being so available, and share with your sweet Wife,
how much all of us here treasure what you are doing!
Brenda

Roy Monis

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:41:35 PM »

Hi! Brother Sozo

Congratulations! Keep that humble spirit, ALL IS OF GOD may He be glorified through the deflation of the puffer fish. One gone but about twenty million yet left in Babylon so let battle commence and the Lords spiritual armour brought into action. "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us?"  (Rom.28:31).

Tell your dear wife to dry her tears. Tears are for defeat but JOY accompanies victory over the puffer fish. What an apt title, I dooooo love that, modern day Pharisees indeed but of inferior quality because the old type knew what they were talking about but didn't practice it "The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses seat: all things therefore whatsoever they bid you, these do and observe: but do not ye after their works; for they say, and do not." (Matt.23:2-3), whereas this lot know absolutely NOTHING of the Word of God nor do they practice what bit of the nothing they do know. Am I going too fast for anyone? As Ray would say.
ALL TOGETHER NOW     ;D      ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D      ;D   ALL TOGETHER REMEMBER!God bless you brother and sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.