bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pagan Christianity  (Read 24719 times)

KristaD

Re: Pagan Christianity
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »

I have to agree, this thread has opened my eyes to some of my faults as well. I think it has been carried out respectfully and regardless of whether  the book that was mentioned in the first post is something we should read or not this thread has been very helpful to me and I thank all of you that have contributed. :)

OBrenda

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2008, 02:13:55 AM »

It is midnight, and I just got home from sharing this very issue with a young women which lasted several hours.  Thanks to each and every post, in this thread (not forgetting God) I was able to explain with better clarity and less error, Than a week ago.

Like Krista, I am also very appreciative of everyones input!

As we continue to learn,
Brenda

Roy Monis

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2008, 09:55:40 AM »

Roy UK,
It was not my intention to lure anyone into buying a book or other junk. Nor did I intend to start a thread concerning Christian liberty. One does not need to purchase a book in order to read it. I am sure, as adults, we are familiar with the public library system! Is one not available in the UK?

I simply asked if anyone had read the book and gave an opinion about the book. The book in question has useful information for those who want to know more about "church" history and where it got certain practices from.

These well documented facts can show those who are still in Babylon that they are, in fact, still in Babylon. As far as Mr. Viola telling us what we can do in no uncertain terms I have no knowledge of.

Why the apparent animosity toward Frank Viola? Did you ask him to send you a book?
Do you get paid to do a job? What if you didn't get paid, would you still do the job or would you find some other way to feed your family?

The reason that money is charged for the purchase of a book is that it cost money to produce a book. And yes, the Author(s), publisher, printers and others get a small part of the purchase price.

I am sure Larry Ray Smith doesn't begrudge anyone for charging for there time or work.

Larry Ray Smith has chosen to do this for free. I'm quite certain he has been led to do this. I am also certain he did not do his carpentry job for free or on the basis of donations. Nor did he start BT on the basis of donations. He started and funded it with his wages. I think also the wages of a few others too. ( I'm not entirely clear on this part though).

If one wishes to give toward the efforts of Larry Ray Smith, then by all means give. I know he will truly appreciate it.

Please explain why you think this thread has no place here. Even though it was not my intention to start a thread about Christian liberty it was none the less  discussed. God used it to speak to AK4 and I'm not sure how many others.

Love in Christ
B

Hi! Brother Brian.

Did you read my post correctly? Where was the animosity I showed? If a simple comment is taken for a show of animosity then simple conversation becomes very difficult indeed. I realize printing of books takes money and a quick visit to the site showed that they have approximately 36 books for sale at varying prices. And yes, in case you didn't know the UK is just as advanced as the USA and we do have public libraries with all the modern facilities. Perhaps your education would benefit from a short visit.

For your information, I for one, happen to be housebound and have not been beyond my front door in the past two and a half years, so a public library is not of much use to me as you may appreciate. We all know that man is not infallible and Ray is no exception that is why we have the Scriptures which warn us to put our trust entirely in the Holy Spirit. These are the Scriptures in case you missed them: "These things I have written to you concerning those who are trying to deceive you. As for you, the anointing which you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need for anyone to teach you; but as His anointing teaches you about all things, and is true and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you abide in Him." (1Jn.2:26-27). And, “These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (Jn.14:25-26)

I may not agree with all that Ray has to say but that doesn't distance us from the fact that we owe him all due respect and loyalty seeing that he has opened our eyes to so many of the truths that we were totally unaware of whilst in Babylon. Hence he is more than a much respected teacher to most of us here, he is also a dear friend. As a friend I call him Ray not Larry Ray Smith, why have you left out the Mr?

Now to the printing cost of the books. I have a mountain of very valuable material, more valuable than refined gold, which will take me a lifetime to read and truly understand and absorb. This was posted absolutely FREE of cost for all takers and it too, no doubt, cost Ray a lot of money. You can download it and print it out FREE and even I in my housebound state can avail myself of it FREE. Can you now see the difference, brother, I shan't believe you if you say you can't as even a fool can see it.

Why do we want to know the history of Babylon, I thought we had come out of it and are trying very hard to get rid of their evil doctrines, do we need to waste money on learning about something we want to get rid off?

We have to get our priorities right, Ray is struggling for finance but that site from what I saw of it isn't and the reason is obvious, fools are financing it as they do Benny Hinn. It's a bigger band wagon than the move "Paint your wagon". We have found treasure more valuable than gold here for absolutely nothing so where should that book money go in all honesty? It's like getting bread from the baker and paying the butcher.
Amazing! .....Amazing! as dear old Ray would say.

That was the point of my post. Idle curiosity killed the cat is an old saying I've heard somewhere and the knowledge to be obtained from this book is not edifying, we want to go forward not backward. Babylon is HISTORY. "There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Pro.14:12 & 16:25).

I'm sorry brother, I still say that there is nothing to edify in this thread  and it needs dropping, as far as I'm concerned it has been. With the listed number of membership it is a disgrace that Ray should be struggling to keep it on air for our benefit and those yet locked in the darkness of Babylon.

I hope this answers your critique of my post. 

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2008, 01:32:59 PM »

I have read the book in question and others by this author and find them informative on the history of religion as we have it now.

If anyone wants to purchase and read books from anyone that is their business.   

I see no problem with Brian's original post, only that it probably should have been moved to off topic discussions.  After the original post the topic sort of veered off topic and some of us put words in Brian's mouth.

I think this is a good place to stop this thread.

Blessings

Craig
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 01:34:13 PM by Craig »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.