bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Showed me!!!  (Read 5026 times)

musicman

Showed me!!!
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:27:22 AM »

This is how a scholarly Christian answers a non intellect such as my-self, when I argue that God created evil and creates homosexuals, also.

Vera speaks:
Daniel said, “And yes, God creates evil. In other words, He creates people who will commit sins for portions or throughout their lives. So Who creates homosexuals (pedophiles, etc.)?”

Isaiah 45:7 says, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these [things].”

In Brown Driver Briggs this word ra is defined this way when it is an adjective. In context, evil is used as a noun here.
BDB Definition: 1) bad, evil (adjective) 1a) bad, disagreeable, malignant 1b) bad, unpleasant, evil (giving pain, unhappiness, misery) 1c) evil, displeasing 1d) bad (of its kind—land, water, etc) 1e) bad (of value) 1f) worse than, worst (comparison) 1g) sad, unhappy 1h) evil (hurtful) 1i) bad, unkind (vicious in disposition) 1j) bad, evil, wicked (ethically) 1j1) in general, of persons, of thoughts 1j2) deeds, actions
2) evil, distress, misery, injury, calamity (noun masculine) 2a) evil, distress, adversity 2b) evil, injury, wrong 2c) evil (ethical)
3) evil, misery, distress, injury (noun feminine) 3a) evil, misery, distress 3b) evil, injury, wrong 3c) evil (ethical)

Daniel’s interpretation is incorrect. To suggest that a homosexual is born the way he is and that God is going to overlook his sin because he can’t help being the way he is, is a ludicrous statement. If you look up the word “evil” that God created, you will see that it is things like hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, diseases, or things that would bring misery, distress or injury. God does not create sin. Sin is the breaking of the Law and disobedience. It is missing the mark.

And this is how I answered this genius who may know the difference between nouns and adjectives:

And Vera, I never said a homosexual was born a homosexual. What I said is that God creates people who will at some point become homosexuals. Also, I never said that God was going to overlook anyone’s sins, which are committed willingly (yet caused). What I said was (look above at Isaiah 26:9)

Your belief that God’s creation of evil is limited to hurricanes and such involves leaving out 100s of scriptures.

II Sam. 12:11 … I will raise up evil against you out of your own house…

Isa. 54:16 I created the waster to destroy

Prov. 16:4 The Lord has made … the wicked for the day of evil.

Jer. 6:19 … Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people…

Psalm 105:25 He turned their heart to hate His people …

Jer. 18:11 Behold I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you…

Isa. 63:17 O Lord, why have You made us to err from Your ways…

Amos 3:6 … shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord has not done it?

II Thes. 2:11 … God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

Cor. 5:5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh…

By the way, God creates beauty, ugliness, righteousness and evil (ra) as well as every other adjective. He created the nouns too.
Go to bibletruths.com

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:28:41 AM by musicman »

Samson

Re: Showed me!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 11:04:46 AM »

Hello Musicman,

Excellent ! You handled that very well, providing some key Scriptures showing that God created Evil, not just calamity type events like Hurricanes, Earthquakes and physical type manifestations. Your response to that " Scholar " was a good example of 1 Peter. 3:15(making a defense for your Faith, someone who asks of it), and then proceeding to direct them to Bible-Truths for more proof and explanation of the Hebrew Word RA, Good Work!

Your Brother, Samson.

Matt

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:06:22 PM »

Musicman,
  I think you are more intellectual than you give yourself credit :)

I do not understand this kind of thinking, even back when I was in Babylon.
In one hand, they say God does not create evil, even though there are scripture everywhere that say different.
In the other hand, these same people say He tortures most of humanity forever in hell ???

Matt

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »

When I was in Babylon I used to believe the same....God did not create evil (I now know better by His grace).  My husband has Parkinson's and they used to say that it was not God who made him sick....it was the devil.

When I now say that God purposed and predestined my husband to have it, I almost get stoned......I thank God that I now know better, and this truth has set me free.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 09:53:16 PM »

Very well done Musicman!

It helps to see how others respond, so we can be prepaired if we find ourselves in similar position.

God Bless,
Brenda

Vangie

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »

Oh that Vera....she's probably ranting cause Norm's at Cheers. ;D ;D--you know, that other "ra" place where Satan hangs out when he gets so hot at home that he needs to go out for a cold beer.

A touch of humor for the Musicman!  And for what it's worth, I really do think you did a great job in explaining how God is in control of it ALL! 

Love in Christ,
Vangie

kweli

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 08:14:30 AM »

musicman, I dont know much about the music, but after that I can safely say You Are The Man
they used to say that it was not God who made him sick....it was the devil.
And they also assume they know what devil worshipping is (which to them, apparently, is 'people like us' here - the kind that dont go to church, pay tithes, hyperventilate & faint at any given opportunity, etc). This is really sad. :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 08:16:53 AM by kweli »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.