bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer  (Read 3543 times)

ez2u

prayer
« on: July 31, 2008, 04:04:48 PM »

today my sister asked me to pray for a little boy with cancer of the throat.  As i began to pray  i got all mixed up on how to pray anything any more.  The word says to pray without ceasing.  Pray what? His will is being done  what is there to pray about  everything is going as plan.  How do we pray without ceasing  there has got to be more to this.  peggy

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: prayer
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:57 PM »

Hi Peggy.

I'm beginning to understand this, and maybe this will help.

You know how people email Ray with statements like 'Why did Christ have to die on the Cross if all the world is already going to be saved?' and 'Why did the Apostles give up everything to preach the Gospel if God's will is for all mankind to be saved anyway?'

Ray's answer is always something like, 'Why are you asking this?  Can't you see that Christs death on the cross and the foolishness of preaching is HOW God is doing His will?'

Prayer is the same thing, to me.  We can't ignore all the scripture which tells us to pray when prayer itself is the engine and the method by which God works His will in the world.

How do we pray within the will of God?  By His grace, WE know more about the ultimate will of God than most of the Human race now and preceding us.  Shouldn't that make it easier to pray according to His will?  Isn't it more of a prayer of faith to pray that His will be done knowing that Will is glorious?

So you don't know if God will heal this child in this life.  You also don't know that He won't.  But you DO know that ultimately he WILL (and greater things than that), so pray for that.

How do we pray without ceasing?  When we become less and He becomes greater, He'll accomplish this in us.

Act 15:10  (ISV)  So why do you test God by putting on the disciples' neck a yoke that neither our ancestors nor we could carry?

Mat 11:29  (ISV)  Place my yoke on you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Who's yoke?  Traditions of men and religious responsibility?  Our yoke with Christ as our helper?  His yoke with us as disciples?

Where the blank spots are in our knowledge of God's will (will He heal or not) fill with Love and pray what your heart's desire is.

I hope some of this helps.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 07:10:05 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Sozo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:14:45 PM »

Peggy,

Here are some excerpts from Ray's paper "Praying By God's Rules".  The entire article can be found at http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

"When God wants to answer someone’s prayer, the first thing He will always do is inspire (cause) that person TO PRAY. How can God answer a "prayer" if someone doesn’t "pray"? God can bless us and do favors for us, but God cannot answer our prayers, if we don’t pray."

"Now similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with what must be, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings. Now He Who is searching the hearts is aware what is the disposition of the spirit, for in accord with God [with God’s will] is it pleading for the saints. Now we are aware that God [KJV leaves out "God"] is working all together for the good [things don’t "work together for good" by themselves—ALL good comes from God—James 1:17] of those who are loving God…"

Let’s now understand this most profound truth. It isn’t just that, "…we know not what we should pray for as we ought…" No, it is much more profound then just that, it is that "….for we know not what we should pray for, to accord with what MUST BE, we are not aware…" Why does the spirit aid our infirmity? What is our infirmity? Our infirmity is that we don’t know what to pray for that will absolutely always be in accord with what must be God’s will, and God’s will is "what must be." And since none of us has perfect foreknowledge of what God’s will must be, God’s spirit aids those who are obedient to Him, in requesting and praying about, the right things, so our prayers aren’t in vain.

It is the will and plan and preordained purpose of God Almighty, that’s what "MUST BE." "THY WILL BE done" (Matt. 6:10). Yes, God’s will MUST be done—always! One day we will all come to believe and appreciate the fact that God is Sovereign. God is always right. God always does what is best and perfect. And so it is vain to pray for something that is NOT "in accord with what MUST BE".

"SO WHAT SHOULD WE PRAY FOR?

Anything you desire that accords with God’s will, and accords with "what must be." God had met my physical needs of food, clothing, shelter, and transportation. What I pray about are qualities godliness—love, faith, courage, knowledge & understanding, wisdom, patience, self-control, thankfulness. I am a firm believer that if we think about the right things; we will then pray about the right things. I pray all day about everything and anything that is strongly on my mind. Why shouldn’t we, seeing that God is our Father and Jesus is our Saviour and Elder Brother. God wants to hear from us. Talk to your God. Anything important enough for you to think about or be concerned about is worthy of talking with God about."

Hope this helps,

Jason

ez2u

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:06:03 AM »

Dave qnd Jason  that is so centering and calm.  I loved what you said Jason about how you pray and talk with the Lord.  thank you i believe he just wants us to talk to him. peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.