bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a final say on ron weinland 2008 false prophet  (Read 7843 times)

AK4

a final say on ron weinland 2008 false prophet
« on: July 31, 2008, 10:19:43 PM »

hi everyone,
I know this topic was brought up about a month and half ago, but i wanted everyone here  and anyone else who wonders about Ron Weinland to consider this...

a little background first...

before coming to the Truth and finding God working through Ray to bring out the Truth of His word, i was thoroughly deceived by Ron W. and his "endtime apostle/Elijah" Herbert W. Armstrong.  I read EVERYTHING  they both wrote and thought it was true.  I listened to RW every Sabbath and all the other stuff he was teaching.  After i had read everything I begged God for more knowledge of Him.  It went dry for about a week, Until one day RW said on a radio show...

" I follow the teachings of Gods' endtime apostle/Elijah, HWA." --- paraphrased.  That stuck with me.

So i started really questioning (i questioned before but apparently not good enough at that time) HWA's teachings.  So i did some research on HW and read all his predictions/prophesies and found out  None came true i.e. Jesus is returning in 1975.

God kept saying to me this scripture Matt. 7:20-- you shall know them by their fruits. 

I got to thinking if HWA was making false predictions, he's a fake and so is his teachings so therefore RW is a fake too because....

" I follow the teachings of Gods' endtime apostle/Elijah, HWA." --- RW paraphrased.

I got into it with some of his followers telling them that they should be careful following RW because of what Matt. 7:20 says and if HWA made false predictions and RW says he strongly follows him and believe that HWA is the endtime apostle then that would make RW a fake too.  Oh i caught hell for that statement.

This was their argument---"HWA was an apostle, not a prophet so that's why his predictions were wrong.  Apostles didn't prophesy."----Laughable ain't it!!! Okay then what about Paul huh.

So anyway that was proof enough for me about RW but i listened to him again because he said the " great tribulation" was going to start April 17 of this year.  April 17 he preached saying nothing special is going to happen this day but "mark my word, within 90 days at least one of Americas major cities will be terrorised by a nuclear attack from terrorists, Chicago, LA, New York City".

I thought okay, I'll give him 3 months while keeping in mind the whole time what God said about false prophets--- "if a prophet prophecies and it don't come to pass then you don't have to worry about him" (paraphrased.  i couldn't find the scripture on esword I'm still green with it)

Well to end this long post (I'm sorry everyone) its now July 31 more than 90 days and nothing came to pass as his books and his radio appearances stated. 

So he is a fake, a phony along with his endtime apostle/Elijah, HWA.  They have some truths but they are stuck on the Old Testament and all its physical rituals and rules...And all the other "churches of God" with a slightly different name to them.

hopefully this may help anyone coming out of that Mystery Babylon

God bless you all through Jesus,

Anthony

musicman

Re: a final say on ron weinland 2008 false prophet
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 10:40:34 PM »

Please define nuclear attack!!

Maybe somebody farted really badly in an elevator in one of those cities.  Who are we to judge RW.  It's all in the interpretation.  Once I was told that a beast would rise out of the sea on such and such a day.  Well, as it turned out, my boss had gone swimming that day.  We just can't know enough to write this man off yet.

winner08

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »

Wrong musicman, I can write this false prophet off. We all can. If you want to believe in him go ahead that's you right. Just a question. How many times does a prophet of  have to be wrong before he's considered a false prophet. How many times does a prophet of God have to be right in order to be a true prophet of God. (Once). You will know by their fruit they are of God.(paraphrasing) 

Darren

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 11:50:26 PM »

Hey.  I'm sorry you spend 90 days 'giving this guy a chance'.  Ray could have told you in 9 seconds that it was all hogwash.  But if that's what it took to convince you, then give God the glory.

Besides, Jesus wasn't supposed to return in 1975, he was supposed to return in 1988, forty years after the formation of the nation of Israel.  Anybody who believed that 1975 nonsense was an idiot. 

When did Jim Jones prophecy the end?  What about that guy who got all those gen-Xers to commit suicide so they could ride the Holy hovercraft into the Kingdom?  What does Hal Lindsey have to say?  Van Impe?  Why don't these guys just retire when they are wrong...not enough money?

If these were Old Testament prophets, they'd be stoned to death.  These days folks just bury them with money.  Give me that old time religion.   ;D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 12:13:06 AM »

Dave in Tenn. In my opinion these false prophets are very dangerous. One man, Jim Jones was responsible for over 900 deaths. These people are not to be taken lightly. They are murders. David Kerash. How many was He responsible far? Why did He need all those weapons and ammo if not to fight a war. If He was God he could have spoke a word and it would have been over. Anyway I don't want to go on a rant so I'll end it here.

Thanks,

Darren

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 12:37:32 AM »

Darren, I agree with you.  They are more dangerous to people's natural lives than any other brand of heretic out there, even if they don't lead them to suicide.  It's not the Depth of Satan that the Hell doctrines are, but for the true-believer it's a great danger.  I don't speak without some experience.

I wonder what kind of retraction will appear in their press?

Anyway, I'm not Elijah, but I will take some liberty to mock these sons of harlots like the prophets of Baal they are.

Returning now to joy and peace.   :)

Edited to apologize to AK4.  I was in too big of a hurry to speak to carefully read your post.  I see now that you were not waiting to give the guy a chance, but to keep tabs so you could expose him.  This is the sorest of subjects with me, and I can get carried away.  Sorry I got 'carried away' on you. 

« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:11:53 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »

Musicman you crack me up!

I've never heard of any RWA or RW although many years ago I read Hal Lindsey Stuff.  I always hesitated at these teachings as the word is pretty clear, no one will know the time, even Jesus doesn't know when.  But every day we are a day closer, sooner or latter someone might get lucky ???

So glad to hear that God brought you out of that Anthony.  I can see your not one to sit in a comfy pew somewhere letting the Elders do your thinking for you!  I'm still unlearning allot of the end times teachings.  I just went back and finished reading Rays teaching on the secret rapture, and found out that the "Elite" are the ones left behind.  Unless I got that wrong somehow??

I don't know if there is anything I was taught in the Church that was the truth!
I'm sure you will be a Blessing to those that God will be bringing out of that teaching.  Some have been very dangerous and destructive. Does this guy have the signs of a Jim Jones?

God Forbid,
Brenda

jakfr0s

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

Anthony, RW had me totally fooled as well at one point. But it is good God put me through that because I would have not come here. But I dont believe in accidents or mistakes anymore, God has His reasons for everything. God dosnt make mistakes.He directs our steps always. He truly is Soverign.

Jer 10:23  I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

Deu 3:24  'Sovereign LORD, I know that you have shown me only the beginning of the great and wonderful things you are going to do. There is no god in heaven or on earth who can do the mighty things that you have done!

Your Friend in Christ, George D.

AK4

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:39:22 AM »

the main thing i learned from this guy was the plan of God symbolized through the Holy Days.... even though he still believes that at the Judgement people will still have a choice to choose Jesus or perish indefinitely.

Patik your right the same thing happened to me.  I guess before i started following RW i wasnt totally decieved, but while with him i became totally decieved and i believe that is Gods' plan for us to be totally decieved first, then when we come out of that Babylon it would be hard elect to be decieved again.

another caution for people out there his website is bibletruths.com which is real close to Rays website bible-truths.com

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 11:50:49 AM »

bibletruths.com which is real close to Rays website bible-truths.com

bibletruths.com and bible-truths.com is both registered to Ray's site.

Craig

AK4

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 01:20:19 PM »

really?!  i used to get RW site through that address.

indianabob

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 04:54:52 PM »

AK3, Anthony, Brenda, George, Dave and All,

I was in worldwide from 1969 until I began to OOZE out starting n 1994 and finally excused myself formally in 1999 when the Trinity doctrine was re-established and Saturday/Sunday worship became optional.  We drove 100 miles round trip every week and it was a real burden.  Fortunately my wife is a VERY patient woman and VERY forgiving of my mule headed approach to some things and she is still with me 100 %.  If anyone is interested (?) they can read my messages on this topic from the past few months to see how it all came about.

Main point, I feel your pain and can relate some "war stories" to compare with each of yours.  We all came through things that taught us to put our full trust in God and not in any man.

I did learn some valuable concepts from the Annual festivals that would not otherwise have made sense, mostly I think because Christendom in many instances studies (?) the N. T. in exclusion to the entire Bible.

Indiana Bob Breyfogle

JeffH

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 01:42:01 PM »

>>>Matt. 7:20-- you shall know them by their fruits.

If man waxes prophetic and it should come to pass, it's God.  If it doesn't, well, that's God too.   :)

winner08

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:30 AM »

If any prophets prophecies come true it is of God. If not, we know they are false prophets in which Jesus warns us about. We all know the beginnings of the end time. False prophets, war and rumors of war nations against nations earthquakes, famine, diseases.  These are just the beginning of the labour pains. Everytime these people try to put a date on these events they are  always wrong.That's when they make up an excuse. (they do a crawfish)(crawl backwards).That's for the people on the gulf coast.

Darren

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 02:58:16 AM »

MARK 13:5  Jesus began to say to them, "See to it that no one deceives you. 6  Many will come in my name and say, 'I am he,' and they will deceive many people.  7  But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, stop being alarmed. These things must take place, but the end hasn't come yet.  8  For nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes and famines in various places. These things are only the beginning of the birth pains.

Considering that wars, famine and earthquakes have been going on since Old Testament times I'd like to know what 'birth pains' means and why these 'signs' are only the beginning of them.  I don't know, but I'm willing to bet the answer is NOT what the orthodox churches teach, nor those who specialize in selling prophecy.

Until then, I am quite happy to 'stop being alarmed'.

AK4

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 04:41:42 AM »

Dave in tenn,
Ahhh, but his trick was to give his book out for "free".  he didn't ask for money for the book directly....

he asked his followers to tithed more to help giving the book out for free

"see this takes about $11 for people to read this book on paper back, but i wish they would go on-line and download it for free to read what "god" has to say is coming.  so i need you (the congregation and/or listener/reader) to help spread the word because the time is coming for those who are not obeying god on the Sabbath to feel his wrath, for we are his true people.  If they want to make it (and their family members) into gods kingdom they have to know whats coming"  (paraphrasing his many sermons)--- Ron Weinland

believe me i came out of that Babylon and now it is so easy to see through this false 2008 gods final witness (his wife being the other witness of the two).

All in all, i thank God that i went through that, to learn what isn't his true word!!!

In Jesus

Anthony
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.