bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have heard myself say...  (Read 11086 times)

Roy Monis

Re: I have heard myself say...
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »

;D  Hi Joyce, your motto is good in my book! Am I not right in saying 'Kweli has an excellent spirit'?

Bless you right back, Mr. Roy Monis UK.    Hi Kweli  ;)   our Lord come!

Thank you for the good words and glad welcome, Samson, :) enjoy your coffee.

"With the Jawbone of a donkey, heaps upon heaps,
with the jawbone of a donkey I have slain 1000 men."
... then he was very thirsty...Judges 15:16+18

God is Great!!!
Mike T [/right

Hi! Mike T

Bless my soul where did you dig that word Mr out from, you're making me feel really old and decrepit. We are brothers and sisters here remember! Why I'm fit enough to wield that donkey's jawbone this very moment.

God bless you brother....................brother..............nrother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Mike T

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »

Poor judgement on my part, Roy. Thank you for showing mercy!

No!  :o No!      not the jawbone!

Please accept my sincere apology and attempt to make amends.

Your often humbled brother
-Mike-         

Richard D

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »

Hello Mike T. If you meant this for last weekend it’s because He was getting me. I’m Richard a Newbie indeed. God Bless you brother.

Marlene

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 12:44:07 AM »

Hello Mike, I belonged to a church for years. Even my husbands whole family . We helped to keep that church going for years. We were never blessed with alot of money so we always gave with our hearts. I was ill for months and the pastor never called or came over. Someone did from the church and he found out and insulted them. Two weeks after I came back , he preached a sermon on tithing. He said, he didnt know what anyone gave because he didnt want to be a respector of person. However, we had heard a young couple left because he told someone how much they gave. The week I went back after months of illness close to death. He had the nerve to lie that he didnt know what anyone gave and then he used the exact amount that my husband and I gave. Then he said that according to scriptues god might kill you . Well, that was the last for me when he put himself in his seat. My mother, my husband and I never returned after that. We left but my husbands family all knowing this his mother her husband and his sister and her husband choose to stay knowing all this. Well, god never killed me. Also, the thousands of dollars of medical bills I had the hospital took off half of them. Talk about presecution, we are very hurt by his family. We have tried to talk to them about our believe and they say they will worship god in there own way. I can't not never see his family so I have made amends to never discuss this with them ever again. Forgive and hopefully the forget will come. If, this makes you feel any better. You are so blessed to know the truth and no church like these are worth not having the truth and
all the love we need from christ and those who believe like we. I hope you will feel free to say hello to me at any time.
Christ Love
Marlene

kitkatfl01

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 01:17:53 AM »

Hey Mike T,

I am a newbie as of today!!

I just wanted to share with you a story my Mother in law told me about being rejected by a church. Her and her grandaughter walked up to the doors of a new church they herd about from a customer and insted of greeters with warm greetings they received "glares." After the church had come to a end a Lady walked up to them with a smile. This Lady asked if they would be returning next Sunday and when My Mother in law said yes her response was: "You may return only if you are wearing the proper attire." I asked her what they were wearing and she simply said jeans and T-shirts. :o :-X :o :-X

I was simply blown away by your testimony. I am lost for words.

God Bless You,
Katrena

tinknocker

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »

Mike T
Thank you; I was hoping it was scriptural.
  8) 'She opens her hand to the poor, and reaches out her hands to the needy.'

I received a beautiful letter (stamped with a seal) from the 'Immaculate Heart of Mary' witch clearly stated "...you are no longer allowed or welcomed...".
:P
-New Member with forgiveness issues-
Frame that letter and hang it up on your wall. That is equal to a purple heart in the military. When to go into battle for Christ our King we will incur battle wounds but if we abide in truth we can not be defeated. I wish I had a letter like yours. After being a member of the same church for 51 years and serving as the head of every committee at various times I did not have one member call or come to our house to ask us what was up. The pastor did come by, about six months after I left Babylon, and asked why we were no longer attending? After showing him Bible verses that contradicted every one of their doctrines (So. Baptist) he told me I was deceived. I can't hang that on a wall.
Friends of 20, 30, 40, & 50 years no longer call or drop by. It's as you cease to exist. It would of been better to die they would of given me a funeral at least ;D

My wife and I sit and talk about what we use to teach and believe and wonder how we could have believed something that's is so obviously a falsehood!

But now we can say with much joy;
1 John 4:14
And we have seen and we testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world.

Blessings brother,
Tom (tinknocker)

Mike T

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 02:58:47 AM »

-Frame that letter-

Last week, while working on a roof, I turned after hearing a door slam shut and saw the owner of the property walking toward me...with poorly hidden glee. So I climbed down and went to investigate...
"We just collected a truckload of honey"
(but I was already flying)
"a hundred pounds, probably"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER TO THE ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS
4:30-6:00 AM
Denver, Colorado
September 2, 1968
...alone
 Let's see now..."It wasn't too long ago, but it feels like years ago since I've felt the warm hello of the sun...lately things..." And then he was interrupted by the slow motion speeded-up sound that sometimes cut so deep. That sound was from those cellophane typewriters - exactly, constantly from the south side of those carpets. And but anyway Sweet Rome was on my mind. "She gave so sweetly..." And on he walked until after crowning Ethel the dog the Only Queen of Ears, the sky cracked wide open and split many of his brothers' and sisters' heads all over the world apart at approximately the same..."That's law and order," said the Border Guard, as his hard head weighted something like wet bread - which to explain through brain rain as that's...well...Bro, is this here country all what much ahead?
 And said the owner of the velvet horse who heard all this..."I just know I'm going to get involved here" and slams the machine in reverse, splitting both suns apart in doing so, probably. He got to Fantasy Fjords on the hurry up side and also can you dig...Oh Oh! watch that stick and judge your distance from that blue suede kick!! [Swisshhh Knock...!?!!] Anyway...can you dig that something came by here not too terrible long at all...I was bathing my eye...just a thousand feet above those same old tired skies and...you know, that sound there and after that, everywhere, bathed me to a physical. And he blurted out the sound burnt the side of his inner wall also passing by, and the liquid rainbow melted EROS all through his rooms and rooms of ears that he was hiding from Ethel the Queeny. And he thumbed a lift from his head and heads straight to anywhere to tell his woman, the world; that it was physical...GASP.  And [the cellophane begins to crattle and crake] his old lady, Terra Mama, jumps in his face and says, "What's physical?!" and he stutters, smiles, and retaliates with...well...er,ah...what is music m'love? PUFF PUFF.

And they probably found out that it was by this time.

Jimi Hendrix
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit :) I didn't see fornication or hypocrisy or drugs in his letter, but I saw God working in his life at that time and that's why it's posted.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:58:22 AM by Mike T »

smeacham

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 08:35:37 PM »

Hi Mike,

Maybe it's just late, or you're making a literary reference way over my head, but...huh?!  I'm totally lost, and I'm stepping out in faith hoping I'm not the only one.

-Frame that letter-

Last week, while working on a roof, I turned after hearing a door slam shut and saw the owner of the property walking toward me...with poorly hidden glee. So I climbed down and went to investigate...
"We just collected a truckload of honey"
(but I was already flying)
"a hundred pounds, probably"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER TO THE ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS
4:30-6:00 AM
Denver, Colorado
September 2, 1968
...alone
  Let's see now..."It wasn't too long ago, but it feels like years ago since I've felt the warm hello of the sun...lately things..." And then he was interrupted by the slow motion speeded-up sound that sometimes cut so deep. That sound was from those cellophane typewriters - exactly, constantly from the south side of those carpets. And but anyway Sweet Rome was on my mind. "She gave so sweetly..." And on he walked until after crowning Ethel the dog the Only Queen of Ears, the sky cracked wide open and split many of his brothers' and sisters' heads all over the world apart at approximately the same..."That's law and order," said the Border Guard, as his hard head weighted something like wet bread - which to explain through brain rain as that's...well...Bro, is this here country all what much ahead?
 And said the owner of the velvet horse who heard all this..."I just know I'm going to get involved here" and slams the machine in reverse, splitting both suns apart in doing so, probably. He got to Fantasy Fjords on the hurry up side and also can you dig...Oh Oh! watch that stick and judge your distance from that blue suede kick!! [Swisshhh Knock...!?!!] Anyway...can you dig that something came by here not too terrible long at all...I was bathing my eye...just a thousand feet above those same old tired skies and...you know, that sound there and after that, everywhere, bathed me to a physical. And he blurted out the sound burnt the side of his inner wall also passing by, and the liquid rainbow melted EROS all through his rooms and rooms of ears that he was hiding from Ethel the Queeny. And he thumbed a lift from his head and heads straight to anywhere to tell his woman, the world; that it was physical...GASP.  And [the cellophane begins to crattle and crake] his old lady, Terra Mama, jumps in his face and says, "What's physical?!" and he stutters, smiles, and retaliates with...well...er,ah...what is music m'love? PUFF PUFF.

And they probably found out that it was by this time.

Jimi Hendrix

Kat

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:33 PM »

Hi Steve,

Yea that's pretty strange, don't know why Mike posted it.  'ROOM FULL OF MIRRORS' is a Jimi Hendrix song... my husband loves his music, so I can tell you that some of his songs use very colorful langauge that relate to drugs.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ellie

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 04:48:39 AM »

Umm.......A very druggy language and I dont much like the colour.....
                                          :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.