bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: responding to... i can live like hell and still be saved  (Read 13700 times)

Roy Monis

Re: responding to... i can live like hell and still be saved
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 12:56:32 PM »

So do I have it wrong? The ones that are more wicked (sinful)than other will pay a heaver price?
 people like Hitler or Saddam or Stalin and Po Pot. These people murdered millions of people will their stripes be more than mine?

Darrem

Hi! Darren

From my understanding of this Scripture, Brenda is right, you know the truth whereas Saddam, Hitler and Pol Pot didn't, which means that if you fall back then your stripes will be exceedingly more. The Lord requires much more from you since you have received of His gifts than the others who didn't even know they existed.

The rewards are much greater for the chosen but the chastisement far more severe if in default of one's commitment. "For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first. For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them. It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”   (2Pet.2:20-22).

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 09:54:58 PM »

A thanks to Roy and Brenda for helping in my understanding.  I listened again to the 'how hard is it to get saved?' audios again today and it reminded me that all the parables concern the called and the elect.  God give us Grace not to turn away from the Truth we have recieved.  Was also reminded that 'the stripes' are not just symbolic, but are the same as every other judgement mentioned...simply a somewhat different twist and emphasis.  Understand one, understand them all.

I was also reminded how truly blessed we are to have the Spirit of Christ in us in this age.  This is something that even the great prophets and men of God in the Old Testament could not claim.  Almost 2000 years after Pentacost, we may be tempted to turn that into a big Theological Ho-hum, but what a glorious Truth it is.

The audios also helped me to prepare for more understanding of the LOF series and reiterated the importance of truly understanding the ultimate testimony of Christ.  It really IS precept on precept, isn't it? 
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 09:58:00 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 02:31:30 AM »

Well Roy and Brenda I will be in a world of hurt when I am  judged. Let me explain. This is not my first go around with the Lord. A few yrs. ago around 1982 or so I just arrived from Las Vegas where I lived for 20 something yrs. I moved to New Orleans with my grandmother. Well I had and still do have a uncle who is a born again christian. We end up going to a holy spirit celebration and I was called out of a crowd of hundreds probably thousands. The pastor ask if we were ready to be saved?  I went up in front of everbody and he put his hands on me, we said some words then I was saved. Well it didn't last. a few mos. later I was back to my old self. Even before that, in Vegas I was doing alot of studying and reading own my own, probable out of curiosity. Now that I think about it, I think I have been called for most of my life. But even now I fight it. I mean is God really calling me or is it just in my mind. If so why don't I feel right? What's the problem with me? Why am I such a hypocrite. Very judgemental, Still look at women with lustful thoughts.(not that I would ever act on them). Cursing, smoking, short tempered, rude, and every carnal thoughts one man can have.I come from a family that really did not show emotions,,,,, well not true we did show one or two, anger and well anger. Point being when I say I don't feel right I mean with in myself. So I guess my question is do I really know the truth? Has God been calling me all these yrs.? Will I pay a heavy price on judgement day? Man, I thought I was confused before. Which way is up????

Thanks

Darren

KristaD

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »

Simple Darren, you don't feel right because you aren't right. You are not doing what you know God wants you to. You were "saved" the carnal way, where you are told to change yourself and you failed at that as most of us here did at one time (or more). The thing is YOU can't help it. You have to realize that and stop trying to change. As long as you say "I do this wrong and that wrong" you won't get anywhere. You have to acknowledge that YOU CANNOT STOP SINNING, God has to make you stop. Rest assured that He IS calling you or you would not recognize your sin or desire to change it. Thank Him that He KNOWS exactly what you are and what you do and that He LOVES and FORGIVES you anyway. Then beg Him everyday to purge those sins out of you, humbly on your knees admitting your own inability to overcome sin and acknowledging and claiming the fruits of the spirit. He will change you in the right time, but right now He's just making you realize what you are and making His will your desire. Humble yourself to Him and stop feeling guilty, He has cast your sins as far as the east is from the west and He remembers them no more, so you should not dwell on them either, just pray and He will lift you up out of those sins when the time is right. God bless you brother, it's a hard place to be and something that we all have to do over and over as we all still struggle with sin.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 03:27:02 PM »

You are where you are.  You were born.  You believe in God.  You believe in His Son Jesus.  You believe that Jesus died on the cross to save us.  You believe He rose from the dead.  You are called.

But you're not saved.  You've only just begun to be saved.  You are still a sinning-machine.  It's not UNNATURAL that you have this in you, it's the way you were created.  Surely you don't think you are the only poster here who still sins?  Christ doesn't sin.  We do.  The more He lives in us, the less this package sins.  The less we sin, the more He lives in us.  We die, He lives.

I think of this 'turning away' like this.  If I am walking in an unfamiliar place with absolutely no light, it would be a miracle if I could move at all towards finding my way without hurting or damaging myself or something/someone else.  If there is a tiny bit of light, I can do a little better.  If there is a LOT of light, I can move with much more confidence and much less chance of hurt, damage, or losing my way.  But if I close my eyes, or put a blindfold on, or just get reckless and careless I might as well be in the dark.  To me, these 'stripes' are and will be the regret of having made what was possible impossible.  Whatever they are, we would certainly deserve this correction and judgement if we put a blindfold on to continue the walk or just sat down and gave up because we didn't even trust the light. 

The fact that you recognize that what you are sinning IS sin is God already working in you to bring about your ultimate salvation.  He's not finished.  Don't you stop.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 05:07:33 PM »

Thanks, and I hear you. But do I hear you? we will see.

Darren

Phill B

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »

Hebrews 10:26-31 (New International Version)

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

For we know him who said, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay", and again, "The Lord will judge his people".

It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

ANOTHER TRANSLATION:

Hebrews 10:26-31 (The Message)

If we give up and turn our backs on all we've learned, all we've been given, all the truth we now know, we repudiate Christ's sacrifice and are left on our own to face the Judgment—and a mighty fierce judgment it will be!

If the penalty for breaking the law of Moses is physical death, what do you think will happen if you turn on God's Son, spit on the sacrifice that made you whole, and insult this most gracious Spirit?

This is no light matter.

God has warned us that he'll hold us to account and make us pay.

He was quite explicit: "Vengeance is mine, and I won't overlook a thing" and "God will judge his people."

Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me.

KristaD

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »

I don't believe that anyone here is saying that anyone will get by with anything. ???

OBrenda

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »

Thanks, and I hear you. But do I hear you? we will see.

Darren

To Live by faith under the Grace of the NT, implies to me there are no formulas or check off list to Judge how "Well" we are doing?  If you are Called or Chosen and live to be 103 years old, I suspect God will still be purging Pride/Sin out of our hearts in some area.  (Even the heathen gain more wisdom with age) 

Who on earth can say who will remain in faith till the end?
All we have for sure in this moment,....is this moment!
Jesus told him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God." ... Luke 9:62
&
Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

What say you right Now?....

Phill B

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 07:40:02 PM »

I don't believe that anyone here is saying that anyone will get by with anything. ???

Hello KristaD.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is.

I assume that you understand that the comment "Nobody's getting by with anything, believe me" are the translatores words, not mine.

Thanks

Phill B

KristaD

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »

Well you assumed wrong lol. I was trying to figure out what you were saying and I thought that comment at the end was yours  ???. I assumed that the "translation" stopped with the end of the scripture and the rest of the words were yours. I'm confused, so the whole thing was quoted? Who were you quoting? Forgive me I am very pregnant at the moment and it really takes a toll on the brain :P.

winner08

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 11:32:02 PM »

What say you now? very good Brenda! I knew I liked you. I notice you have a great sense of humour. No one who puts hands to the plow and looks back is fit to be in the Kingdom of God. What does that mean? Not to look back. Just keep looking and going foward?

Darren

Heidi

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 12:06:57 AM »

But you're not saved.  You've only just begun to be saved.  You are still a sinning-machine.  It's not UNNATURAL that you have this in you, it's the way you were created.  Surely you don't think you are the only poster here who still sins?  Christ doesn't sin.  We do.  The more He lives in us, the less this package sins.  The less we sin, the more He lives in us.  We die, He lives.

Dave, you have just helped me to understand a little bit more of how one dies to oneself...I am hoping that one day like Paul I can say, "to live is Christ and to die is gain"

OBrenda

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 03:12:36 AM »

What say you now? very good Brenda! I knew I liked you. I notice you have a great sense of humour. No one who puts hands to the plow and looks back is fit to be in the Kingdom of God. What does that mean? Not to look back. Just keep looking and going foward?

Darren

;D Exactly!  ;D

Luke 9:57
While they were walking along the road, a man said to him (Jesus), "I will follow you wherever you go."
Jesus told him, "Foxes have holes and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to rest."

He (Jesus) told another man, "Follow me." But he said, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."
But he (Jesus) told him, "Let the dead bury their own dead. But you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."

Still another man said, "I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say goodbye to those at home."Jesus told him,
"No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

What ever holds you up in your past, (even good deeds), from moving on with God, will leave you behind.
Our past teaches us, and directs us, but is not relevant to where we will end up!  (How many Lashes)

but the Son of Man has no place to rest."....(remember we are to follow him so this is us also)

And as Dave TN encouraged You.....He's not finished.  Don't you stop.

Roy Monis

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 11:42:55 AM »

Simple Darren, you don't feel right because you aren't right. You are not doing what you know God wants you to. You were "saved" the carnal way, where you are told to change yourself and you failed at that as most of us here did at one time (or more). The thing is YOU can't help it. You have to realize that and stop trying to change. As long as you say "I do this wrong and that wrong" you won't get anywhere. You have to acknowledge that YOU CANNOT STOP SINNING, God has to make you stop. Rest assured that He IS calling you or you would not recognize your sin or desire to change it. Thank Him that He KNOWS exactly what you are and what you do and that He LOVES and FORGIVES you anyway. Then beg Him everyday to purge those sins out of you, humbly on your knees admitting your own inability to overcome sin and acknowledging and claiming the fruits of the spirit. He will change you in the right time, but right now He's just making you realize what you are and making His will your desire. Humble yourself to Him and stop feeling guilty, He has cast your sins as far as the east is from the west and He remembers them no more, so you should not dwell on them either, just pray and He will lift you up out of those sins when the time is right. God bless you brother, it's a hard place to be and something that we all have to do over and over as we all still struggle with sin.

Hi! Darren

A great post from KristaD, I applaud it. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding." (Pro.3:5).  Don't try to work it out on your own you cannot do it and will never succeed. Leave it to the Lord and approach Him in true humility and He will grant your hearts desire in His time when you are ready and not before.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.