bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it possible hrmm  (Read 4213 times)

bowlbyx

is it possible hrmm
« on: May 16, 2006, 10:47:14 PM »

Dear Akin:
I will make a few COMMENTS in your email...............

Dear Ray,

I am very happy to know your site “bible-truths.com�. I must tell you, I’ve been blessed by some of the articles I read on the site. I live in Nigeria , West Africa .

However, I have some questions and I will be grateful to receive your reply on them as soon as possible.

1. Here in Nigeria we have many churches or can I simply say many denominational churches (which I believe there will be no much different in any other country of the world). During my research, I came across a church named Church of Christ, the very church that owns and controls the Word Bible School WBS (I believe you would have heard about that before). I took some courses with them and among numerous things that I was thought, I was frankly thought and told that it is only through one church (that is Church of Christ ) that one can reign with Jesus in heaven. They made me to understand that people in other churches like Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, Deeper Life, etc are going no where. I must tell you, I’m totally confused andmy questions are these: (i) Is one church not as good as the other?

COMMENT: Yes, or you could say, "One church is as BAD as the other."

1. (ii) Which church can someone (precisely, can I) go to be saved or reign with Him?

COMMENT: NO church can save you. Only Jesus Christ can save you.

1. (iii) Or can we only be saved through the church we attend?

COMMENT: Virtually all of the Christian Churches of the world are part of a system of religion which the Bible calls MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT (Rev. 17:5), and God is has always been calling His True Believers OUT of that worldwide church system (Rev. 18:4). Read the rest of the material on our site for all the details.

1. I can’t understand the following scriptures Tim. 2:9 “In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;� I Peter 3:3 “Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;� Did Paul really condemn using of gold, pearls, etc for women here? Or did he stop them from plaiting their hair or from the use of ear rings and so on. Why I’m asking this question is that, in many churches here in Nigeria there are people preaching against using of thos e thing while some preach that they can be used but not in excess. Even, those who preach against these always say that those who support these are going to hell fire. Please, I want you to enlighten me on this issue.

COMMENT: These verses do not condemn the use of gold or jewelry. In fact Paul says that a woman IS to "adorn" herself. Adorn means to "decorate." But her decorations are not to be very expensive decorations, but rather modest decorations, which will allow the modesty and self-control of the woman to show through.

God be with you,

Ray

I shall be very happy and grateful to earliest reply while I believe that you welcome any question I may again.

Thanks.

Yours in Christ,

Akin.

Does anyone think that paul and peter was talking about the church itself?  that the church shouldnt "wear" costly apparel, etc.....

GOD bless
david

ps ertsky where are you?

ertsky

is it possible hrmm
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:07:43 PM »

Hi david

right here

although i think i've overdone breakfast twice in a row now

porridge with maple syrup and ham and eggs on toast, mmmm
my wife is spoiling me

:)

i guess Ray is steering Akin away from getting into possible bondage over misinterpreting the outward meaning of the verses. it seems in Akins neck of the woods they are getting too legalistic and bound up.

i've (just personally) lately looked at the verses as they apply to me (inwardly) in spiritual language so to speak

as in i shouldn't make a big show of knowledge (not that i have that much) or awareness of mysteries etc but rather be clothed in Christ and His sufficiency and conduct myself accordingly.

as Ray so succinctly puts it

which will allow the modesty and self-control of the woman to show through.

i am the "woman" as in the bride (God willing) and should not make a gaudy show of carnal spirituality but in godly sincerity and meekness conduct myself in Him as it were.

you see this so clearly and humblingly in all the apostles

i'm starting to feel a bit insufficient for these things LOL!

God be praised!

f

Mickyd

Re: is it possible hrmm
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 12:14:03 AM »

Quote from: bowlbyx
Does anyone think that paul and peter was talking about the church itself?  that the church shouldnt "wear" costly apparel, etc.....

Rev 17:3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Rev 17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Yep...I sure do.

Becky

is it possible hrmm
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:08:34 AM »

I GET IT NOW! AWESOME! THANKS! WOW!!!! Seriously i saw the revelation verses but i kept thinking of the rest of them as physical. gee... im a dumb human!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.