bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am a clean slate  (Read 11451 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: I am a clean slate
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 11:29:48 PM »

Welcome, Phill.  Moving testimony of God's grace.

Just me talking, but it's hard for me to imagine anybody growing up in a western 'christian' country and not having been exposed to the corruption of the church.  By your own testimony you've related that things didn't seem right the few months you were officially 'there'.  I have little doubt that at least some of your struggle has been because of an imperfect view of God--unable to forgive, full of condemnation, uncaring.  These distortions are in the culture as well as in the churches. 

Information here and on the website concerning heresy is important for us 'beginners' to arm ourselves against being drug back into 'babylon' as well as for those strong enough now to teach.

It might also be helpful to note that not all of us came out of the same 'brand' of babylon (so to speak).  Some come from legalistic backgrounds, some from empty and wrong tradition, some from more charismatic 'feelings-based' theologies that relegate scripture to a subservient role to 'prophecies' and 'experience' and often false signs and wonders, and some from other places.

There is only one Mystery Babylon the Mother of harlots, but obviously she has several daughters, if that makes sense.

We're not ALL coming from the same sets of lies, but we are all coming into the same great truths.

Maybe that helps a bit.

Anyways...keep on with your reading.  I personally recommend Ray's audios as well, now that you have a basis of understanding. 

Glad to have you and am looking forward to fellowship.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Phill B

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 11:56:59 PM »

Hello Dave

Thanks for your comments.

Perhaps my Babylon were the 12 step programmes I attended - who knows.

I certainly agree with you about listening to Ray audios, as well as reading. I have downloaded many of them and frankly I find that the duality of both reading and listening augments my capacity to remember what Ray says.

OBrenda

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 12:09:46 AM »

Welcome Phill B

Great testimony to forgiveness.  I'm the only one in my family that talks with my Dad.  I have the same annoying personality as he does but without the testosterone. ;) Maybe I just misunderstand him less than they do.  Lots of Good people out there more interested in being "Right" than what is right.

Your willingness is priceless,
Brenda

winner08

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 05:11:04 AM »

I never wonder what was my first love. What was I called out of ?  I never attended any church far any real time. I went to catholic school for a few yrs when I was young(real young). After that I didn't go to church. All my learning and studying came from teaaching myself. Ordering booklets and magazines reading the Bible off an on.Then I came across Armstrong; teachings and started doing alot of reading Then I came across Ray's web site and I knew the moment I started reading his papers on LOF and Hagee and Kennedy that I had it all wrong . But those yrs of being on my own gave me  basic concepts of the Bible. Then I took Ray's teachings from there. The reason I posted this is to say I love the way Ray teaches and I don't believe He refutes more than teach I think it the other way. What or where was my Babylon

Thank,

Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

What or where was my Babylon

Hi Darren,

Were you ever at a point when you were seeking a better knowledge of God, seeking to do His will and then found yourself seeking to do only your own? Were you ever satisfied mingling man made (either your own or from others) doctrines with His Word and will, resulting in a sense of "arriving" or superiority? This is Babylon.

With most folks this happens while they are within the confines of a church building with a church mentality, but it is not the exclusive domain of the system of Christianity, we are more than capable of fostering this attitude, this pride within our own hearts.

I too was raised Catholic, rejected it at a young age and pretty much left religion of any kind in a far corner of the attic of my heart and mind until a series of events led me to the 7th Day Adventists. I actually took this seriously for almost 3 years (with many, many worldly relapses) until I walked away from it with no regrets. I spent many years (in varying degrees of intensity) reading/studying the bible and reading the work of the Hal Lindsays, Dave Hunts, John Hagees, Tom McMahons, etc. of which I formulated my own hybred "religion" and guess who sat on the throne of this "Joe Religion," I will give you 3 guesses but I bet you will only need one!  ;)

There are many (crooked) paths (in Babylon) that will eventually lead to the narrow and straight Gate.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Phil3:10

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »

Phil B,
Your testimony was wonderful. Forgiveness does work in two ways. GOD does drag those he chooses to HIS truths in HIS time frame. I do hope those 12 Step Programs were of some use to you in your journey. Stay in HIS word, Ray's teaching and this forum and many questions will be answered. We serve a wonderful and glorious GOD.
Phil3:10

AK4

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2008, 09:17:26 PM »

Darren you stated this
All my learning and studying came from teaaching myself. Ordering booklets and magazines reading the Bible off an on.Then I came across Armstrong; teachings and started doing alot of reading Then I came across Ray's web site and I knew the moment I started reading his papers on LOF and Hagee and Kennedy that I had it all wrong . But those yrs of being on my own gave me  basic concepts of the Bible. Then I took Ray's teachings from there. The reason I posted this is to say I love the way Ray teaches and I don't believe He refutes more than teach I think it the other way. What or where was my Babylon

Are we twins or something  :).  Same thing here, brother except I didnt come out of the catholic church.  From very early age, i just dont know what it was but i knew anything that had an association with catholic it had to be wrong.  I also was never fully with any church.  Once i started reading Armstrong it was the first time i had in my heart devoted myself mentally to a church.  But as you stated above we are almost identical.

IMO i think Babylon isnt just the churches.  Look at all the lies that are out there everywhere.  I believe God instilled in every human a sense that He exists.  Since He is supposed to be our first love, i believe people can leave him in anything that put first in their life---job,family,church, church activities, gambling, drugs, politics,  YOURSELF---you get the idea. 

So Eileen i dont think you started from a clean slate, i think nobody does. We've all been fooled someway or another by the devil.  Like Ray stated in his papers about the Myth of Freewill---who hasnt been fooled by that!! Destiny control and the likes.  Just think about it, you've been in some form of Babylon.

In Jesus,

Anthony

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.