bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Government  (Read 4881 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Government
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »

Hi Ray,

I recently was reading your homosexuality article that you posted. I happened to see towards the end of the article you saying something about how the government shouldn't allow acts of sin like homosexuality, drugs, etc. I understand that we as a society shouldn't have a relaxed attitude toward sin like you were saying but it is the persons right to make their own choice of what is right and wrong. Why should we as a society control peoples behavior? Yes, sin is wrong and we should look at it that way but at the same time we shouldn't force people to believe what is right and wrong.

I hope to have your opinion on this,
Matt

Dear Matt:  You state:  "I happened to see towards the end of the article you saying something about how the government shouldn't allow acts of sin like homosexuality, drugs, etc."  Please show me where I said such a thing? Give me the "quotation" from which you are stating this?
God be with you,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Government
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:25:00 AM »

Dear Matt:  Never "assume" things that I have never said. I will make a few COMMENTS in your email....

Dear Ray,

I don't want you to think I'm asking this question because I doubt what you are preaching. I'm just making sure I understand you correctly. You say,

"By whose authority are the government, the media, and the Church rendering these sins as defendable and virtuous?

It is now both politically incorrect and socially incorrect to speak of these perversions as sin, and now (according to polls) the majority of Americans also either feels pressured, or just cannot see any immorality in homosexuality.
    When immorality is condoned and even lauded, it spills over into every aspect of society. Even child rapists are getting off with little more than a slap on the hand and a few months probation. Such behavior in our judicial system forty or fifty years ago would have been outrageous, but few are showing much alarm over such judicial travesties today."

It seems like you think the government should do more to stop immorality in America.

COMMENT:  I didn't say a word about "making laws to legislate morality."  What I said was that the government, AND THE CHURCH, AND THE MEDIA (I did not single out government), "condone and laud" these crimes of immorality.

You could just be speaking of the ignorance in people not thinking certain things are sins. Are you saying that or that the government should make more laws to stop things like homosexuality and drugs.

COMMENT:  They already have laws governing "drugs." I said nothing regarding the government making laws to to "stop homosexuality."

I have read your writings for a long time and I am a big fan of yours. I just think I have to worry about myself not sinning and not the world. I think the government actually has too many laws restricting people and even though drugs and sex and things like that are sins shouldn't a person decide what they want to do and not the government?

COMMENT:  Once again, I said nothing regarding the government making laws against homosexuality. I was merely stating (and gave examples) of how the government and those running for high offices applaud and are very careful to never call such things wrong or a sin.  I said nothing about how the church and media should stop homosexuality or immorality. I merely commented on the fact that these sins are being accepted more and more by all aspects of our society.  I have no idea where you got the idea that I was suggesting that the government needs to make laws against these things. They don't even have laws against politicians LYING.

God be with you,

Ray

Thanks for your opinion,
    Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.