bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I forgot to introduce myself  (Read 9593 times)

JeffH

I forgot to introduce myself
« on: August 04, 2008, 03:31:56 PM »

I'm Jeff.  I've had an account here twice, but I kept losing my access.  I think it was because of my irregular visits.  I'm going to try to be more diligent....

I live in Minneapolis, MN.  Been a long-time reader.  Found Ray's website 5 years ago (I think - I've lost track of time) and am thankful that I'm able to be here.  Like others, God used an atheist to get me started.  I wonder how many atheists God's used to bring the truth to the blind?  It seems like God to do it that way.  I love irony.

Anyway Hi.

KristaD

Re: I forgot to introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 04:28:41 PM »

welcome!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 04:46:05 PM »

Hi Jeff.  Yep, we have One very creative God.  Atheists, donkeys, rocks and stones, mouths of babies.

Nice to meet you.  Look forward to more posts.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »

Hi Jeff....welcome back  ;D

iris

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 05:35:02 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Welcome back to the forum!

Iris

Kat

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 06:03:43 PM »

Hi Jeff,

I'm glad you want to stick with us this time  :)
It is good to stay close to those of like mind, we can be a good help to one another in sharing these truths.

I think God works with all of those around His Elect to shape and mold them as He chooses.  But I do see the irony you are talking about.  But it is also ironic that the church which claims to be God's people and then teach He is an evil monster that is going to burn most of those He has created in fire for eternity.  Now I see them as far worse than atheists.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JeffH

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:06:39 PM »

Thanks everyone, for the warm welcome.  I appreciate you all and feel that I know many of you from your posts and am glad that in time, you'll know me as well.

Jeff

gmik

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:27:54 PM »

Hi Jeff.  Welcome (again) :D

You have been reading Ray for 5 years??  You are among the "oldies" then! Looking for your posts now that you have broken the ice!!

Glad you are here w/ us.

OBrenda

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:40:44 PM »

Hello Jeff, 

Welcome Home!

Gee how long has this site been up?

Peace,
Brenda

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »

:D Welcome, Jeff...
I think there are some left over cupcakes in the birthday for IndianaBob's room.
 ;D
Seriously though, what was your favorite part of the LOF series and why?
Joyce :)

OBrenda

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »

PSSsssst....I think Krista just ate the last cupcake, eating for two you know! ;D ;) ;D

Roy Monis

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »

Hi1 Jeff

I hear you're one of the Oldies on this forum so meet me a forum Newbie. So seeing that you are the Oldie I'm looking forward to learning from you all that I've missed over the past 87 years.

W E L C O M E   ;D  ::)  ;)  A B O A R D  

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

JeffH

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 01:09:57 PM »

:D Seriously though, what was your favorite part of the LOF series and why?
Joyce :)

I haven't read through the series for a while, I'll have to go back and refresh my memory.  I don't know if it's organic (turning 50 next year) or just the way my brain works, but all of the papers Ray has written have congealed into a massive concept of spirituality (in my mind).  It's like learning math.  At some point you're just using it, rather than thinking about it and then applying it.  I used to try to talk to people about these amazing spiritual truths, but like many of you have found, it just upsets most people.  Christians anyway.  Nonbelievers seem to like it.  Every once in a while I'll go over and holler at CARM just to keep my mind fresh, but other than that I don't share much.

The truth is that everything I've read here was new when I first found the site.  I was a traditional believer and relied on what my pastor told me.  Ray helped me to - for the first time in my life - start finding the truth for myself.  His teaching  brought me to find things he hasn't talked about, but *cringe* I don't spend any time on my knees and am not qualified to "know" things.  I talk to God all day, every day.  I feel Him all the time, but I haven't gotten on my knees for years.  More than ever though, my heart is humbled by the things God has shown me and I've never been more aware of His awesome grace and mercy.  I guess in my heart, I'm spiritually on my knees all day.  Not sure if that's enough though.

One thing that's always stuck in my mind over the years (I don't know which paper it's in) is the fact that Adam "knew" he would die and sacrificed himself for his beloved bride, reflecting what Jesus would do 5,000 years later.  This is astounding and I've never heard any preacher other than Ray say anything like this.  Who can look at that and say Scripture is a human concoction with a straight face?!!!

I think one of the reasons I haven't participated much is because you all have the knowledge and the heart to match.  There's really nothing to contribute from an intellectual perspective.  It's my heart that was aching for fellowship, but I didn't recognize it until recently.   :)

JeffH

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 02:05:04 PM »

Hi1 Jeff

I hear you're one of the Oldies on this forum so meet me a forum Newbie. So seeing that you are the Oldie I'm looking forward to learning from you all that I've missed over the past 87 years.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Thanks Roy, but I suspect that at 87 years young, I'd be at your feet listening on every word you had to say.   :)

JeffH

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 02:06:32 PM »

It is good to stay close to those of like mind, we can be a good help to one another in sharing these truths.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Amen, Kat!

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 06:31:36 PM »

Hye Jeff.  I really identify with what you've said there.  I'm way behind you, but it is sort of congealing for me as well. 

That audio you referred to was great, wasn't it?  I'd never heard nor ever imagined something so beautiful as the Adam and Eve thing.  I don't have a wife, but it made me want to rush out and hug somebody else's wife.   ;)

Welcome back.  Post as you're moved to. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

JeffH

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 07:38:23 PM »

That audio you referred to was great, wasn't it?  I'd never heard nor ever imagined something so beautiful as the Adam and Eve thing.  I don't have a wife, but it made me want to rush out and hug somebody else's wife.   ;)

Yes!  How many times have we read the Genesis story, 20, 100, 1000 times?  I never once picked up on that.  It's things like that, that have deepened my conviction.  Before, I was always confused about what this or that meant.  It's like Jesus said and Ray wrote about, once you understand one parable, you understand them all and I've found even more.  I've always known Adam was the "first" but I never saw his sacrifice and what it would mean for the rest of humanity.  How much more is there to be revealed?!!!  Much I would think.

I think once any of us - anyone - has read and understood just some of the things God is revealing through Ray, you're there.  I'm constantly searching for things on bt.com, referring back as I try to understand.  It's not only good teaching, it's becoming an excellent resource.

If Jesus doesn't come back soon, I suspect Ray is going to need a more sophisticated website.  :D

Roy Monis

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »

Hi! JeffH you oldie

Now you're talking, brother, and here's you're quote; "There's really nothing to contribute from an intellectual perspective.  It's my heart that was aching for fellowship, but I didn't recognize it until recently."
It is not your intellectual perspective that I am either interested in or desire to hear about any more than it is my intellectual perspective that you or anyone else on this board are interested in or want to hear about. It is what comes from the heart that is the important ingredient that either edifies or destroys your brother or sister. The tongue like the pen is a fire and needs to be kept under strict control. "So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire! And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell."  (Jas.3:5-6).

This can only be done by the heart. We all have first hand experience of what destructive power the mind of man (intellect/theology) has and the havoc it has created in the spiritual lives of millions. We have done with that, we don't need any part of it anymore, we have by the grace of God come out of it. Let us keep it out and keep a close watch on it here. "Hear me all of you, and understand: there is nothing from without the man, that going into him can defile him; but the things which proceed out of the man are those that defile the man. If any man hath ears to hear, let him hear." (Jn.7:14-16

I have been with Ray for a mere six to eight months now, but from what he at 67 has taught me at 87 is beyond belief. All the knowledge of our God which I collected over those long years I now consider as dung compared to what I have learned over the past six or so months. I am deeply indebted to my God for directing me in the direction of bible-truths.

So let us have the input from your heart, brother, as you will have mine as we walk all together in the Spirit of Christ Jesus. Amen!

;)               ::)                 :-*Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

JeffH

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 02:51:59 PM »

Now you're talking, brother, and here's you're quote; "There's really nothing to contribute from an intellectual perspective.  It's my heart that was aching for fellowship, but I didn't recognize it until recently."
It is not your intellectual perspective that I am either interested in or desire to hear about any more than it is my intellectual perspective that you or anyone else on this board are interested in or want to hear about.
So let us have the input from your heart, brother, as you will have mine as we walk all together in the Spirit of Christ Jesus. Amen!

Hi Roy, 

I misspoke when I used the word "intellectual".  The word I should have used was "knowledge".  You all here have all of the knowledge (are growing in it as I am) - but - you also have the heart to go with it.  I can't contribute anything more than you already know and what I realized is that I can learn about love here, because it's on every page I visit.  I have the knowledge, but not the heart to go with it.  I'm a babe when it comes to matters of the heart and when the contrast between how you love, and how much it's lacking in my own life became glaring, I knew that I was here to learn.   :)

Jeff

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 04:41:58 PM »

Hi Jeff.  If it's emotional love, I think there's a physaical thing in aging (especially in men) that tends to diminish the strength of emotion.  Since I can't grow my hair back or turn it back to brown without surgery or fakery, it makes sense that I can't expect to 'feel' as passionately as I did when I was younger.  If I'd had this truth in my early twenties, though, I am certain I would have cut off a lot of peoples ears instead of just a few.  :D

Anyway...you know I Cor. 13 better than me.  There ain't anything in there we aren't allowed to pray for.  I hope 'we' don't disappoint.  Love to ya.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.