bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Return to church  (Read 5907 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Return to church
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:41:49 AM »

Hi Ray!

What a blessing your site is. Every piece of truth is another building block towards freedom in Christ! If/when you have time I would like to hear your Scriptural views on returning to the church, after God has called us out. I've been out of the church for 3 years, and suddenly I seem to feel the call to return. Although I disagree with most everything they believe and teach, I can't seem to get past Matthew 5:14-16, "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

It seems to me that throughout the 5th chapter of Matthew Jesus is calling us to love those who don't love us, or agree with us. Can His light in me be seen by these people? I doubt that it can. Would you agree that Jesus' light was the brightest of them all? Yet how many saw God's light in Him? Only those who God chose, right? Very few. If these people can't see the truth in the Scriptures, and apparently God has sent a strong delusion so they would believe a lie, am I working against God when I share the truth with them?

Am I wrong to think that God called Paul out of the church, gave/taught him new understanding of the Scriptures, and then sent him back into the church. Isn't this a Scriptural pattern? Couldn't the same be said about all of the disciples (save Luke who was a gentile)? They were called out of the church by Jesus, given new understanding of the Scriptures and sent back into the church. Even Jesus was called out (into the wilderness), set-apart unto God, needless to say taught new things and then sent back, right?

Amos said, "Can two walk together unless they are agreed?" Can they? I know it's very, very hard! Even if they can walk together in complete disagreement over everything, how long can it continue for?

Ray, do you think I can sit in a congregation of people and listen to them belittle God, with their ridiculous preconceived ideas and erroneous beliefs, all the while keeping my mouth shut, and still have peace? I would gladly sacrifice my peace if God could be glorified in my silent attendance.

A myriad of ridiculous questions I suppose. Sorry if I've wasted your valuable time. I'll understand if you don't reply.

God bless your ministry, Ray!

Richard

Dear Richard:
You have a lot of complicated questions/statements/issues that could take days to untangle and answer. God does not call us BACK into the church that He calls us out of. There are the called and the chosen few--they are both part of God's Church, but the chosen come out of the part of God's Church which is called Mystery Mabylon the Great.

Why if you don't agree with virtually anything that is taught, would you ever want to return? You know what the Scriptures say about a dog returning to his own vomit? And "touch not the unclean thing," etc.

Of course people saw the light of Christ, it's just that they didn't comprehend it. He was a witness AGAINST most of them, as we are a witness AGAINST the carnal church today. My message is not to convince the Church of her wrong ways, but rather to witness against her. She will not change except through severe judgment.

You mention being a light. Have you ever noticed that a light does not make very much noise?  Not everyone is called to teach and preach (See I Cor. 12:29).  We are to let people see our light and our good works, not our clever arguments against their doctrines.  Do not cast your pearls of God's Truths to the dogs and the pigs who do not want them.
God be with you,
Ray

PS  Be sure to read my upcoming paper: "WINNING SOULS FOR JESUS--Another Christian Heresy."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.