bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Preachers Wife  (Read 5019 times)

musicman

The Preachers Wife
« on: August 07, 2008, 02:43:29 AM »

Ha,Ha, Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha!!!!!

Flight Attendant Sues Joel Osteen's Wife
By JUAN A. LOZANO
AP
posted: 1 HOUR 51 MINUTES AGO
comments: 1595
PrintShare
filed under: Law News, National News
Text SizeAAA
HOUSTON (Aug. 6) - A jury was seated Wednesday in a lawsuit alleging the wife of nationally known pastor Joel Osteen assaulted a flight attendant.
Opening statements were set for Thursday in a case Victoria Osteen's lawyer called "silly." But Reginald McKamie, attorney for Continental Airlines flight attendant Sharon Brown, said he hopes the trial will show "that celebrity status doesn't take precedence."
Preacher's Wife Goes to Court
 Pat Sullivan, AP
Opening statements are set to begin Tuesday in a suit filed against Victoria Osteen, wife of nationally known pastor Joel Osteen. A flight attendant accuses Victoria Osteen, shown during jury selection Wednesday, of assaulting her before the start of a 2005 flight from Houston to Vail, Colo.

1 of 4PHOTOS  (I'm Joel's wife.  I look like a simple minded smiling tramp in this photo!!)

X | Close
Brown accuses Victoria Osteen of assaulting her before the start of a 2005 flight from Houston to Vail, Colo. Brown alleges Victoria Osteen threw her against a bathroom door and elbowed her in the left breast during an angry outburst over a stain on her first-class seat. The Federal Aviation Administration fined Victoria Osteen $3,000 for interfering with a crew member.
Joel Osteen was at his wife's side Wednesday in court. McKamie said he expected to call the couple as witnesses.
Joel Osteen preaches at Lakewood Church, a Houston megachurch where about 42,000 people flock each week and where Victoria Osteen is co-pastor. His weekly television address is broadcast nationally and internationally.
Some potential jurors during questioning admitted to being star-struck by the Osteens and that their respect for them might affect their judgment.
"He has gotten me through a lot of tough times. I would believe what he has to say. I have a lot of respect for him," one female in the jury pool said.
The Making of Osteen's Megachurch
 MCT
Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston has an average weekend attendance of 45,000 and an annual budget of $72.6 million. Osteen is one of a new breed of televangelists -- Joyce Meyer, T.D. Jakes, and Creflo Dollar are also rising stars -- who are preaching a less sanctimonious, more inclusive message.

1 of 8PHOTOS  (I'm Joel Osteen.  This would be a picture of my stupid smiling face as I talk prosperity means godly!!)

X | Close
Other potential jurors said they didn't like preachers or televangelists and that ministers can lie.
Brown wants an apology and punitive damages amounting to 10 percent of Victoria Osteen's net worth as part of her suit.
Victoria Osteen's lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said before jury selection began Wednesday that Brown's claims are false and that what happened was a "minor incident." Hardin also asked a judge to throw out an FAA report detailing the alleged incident, saying the agency's investigation was "incredibly incomplete."
"This is a very silly case," Hardin told reporters.
McKamie said the FAA did an appropriate investigation. State District Judge Patricia Hancock said she would make a decision later on whether the report would be allowed.
Brown's suit claims the flight attendants asked to have Victoria Osteen removed from the plane. Hardin says Victoria Osteen and her family left voluntarily. The incident delayed the flight about 2½ hours.
According to court documents, Brown claims that she suffers from anxiety and hemorrhoids because of the incident and said her faith was affected. She is also suing Osteen for medical expenses for counseling.
Brown had previously claimed she was attacked in another incident by an airport employee, according to a deposition she gave in the case.

Maybe this web page will be available in the future:
http://news.aol.com/article/flight-attendant-sues-joel-osteen's-wife/121489?icid=200100397x1207242101x1200376225
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 02:55:35 AM by musicman »

ellie77

Re: The Preachers Wife
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 04:28:28 AM »

Will they use tithing money to pay for all this suing?..... :-\ :-\

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 04:42:01 PM »

Hi! Musicman

Good on ya brother those were truly enlightening reviews on tithing money. First class air travel and poor old Paul walked miles upon miles in all kinds of weather, probably his own fault for not claiming tithing money. Jesus and the other apostles did the very same. The triumphal entry into Jerusalem on a humble donkey. I wonder if any of them would be using private executive jets now provided by the kindly tithe payers?

What totally blind fools some of the tithing people are to be duped into thinking they are robbing God, when the real robbers are robbing them and staring them in the face and maybe having an altercation with one of the those who contributed toward payment for the first class ticket.  Unbelievable!... Unbelievable! ... Unbelievable! as Ray would say. I've taken the liberty to add an extra unbelievable to save Ray the trouble with him having said it so very often, and this truly needs an extra unbelievable thrown in.

Good on ya brother keep them coming. It's a treat, much more enjoyable than watching innocent souls roasting in hell forever, to see fools fighting for the privilege to be robbed. 
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Lord what's becoming of this world? Need I ask you have told it all in Your Loving Word. :'( :'( :'( :'(God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 05:19:12 PM »

Dear Brother Roy,

I enjoy and benefit from your responses to the forum.

But your dancing smiley faces are very distracting when I am trying to read and comprehend your message.
They are cute the first couple of times and then become irritating.

Sent with love from an old man with opinions. 
Indiana Bob

Hi! Musicman

Good on ya brother those were truly enlightening reviews on tithing money. First class air travel and poor old Paul walked miles upon miles in all kinds of weather, probably his own fault for not claiming tithing money. Jesus and the other apostles did the very same. The triumphal entry into Jerusalem on a humble donkey. I wonder if any of them would be using private executive jets now provided by the kindly tithe payers?

What totally blind fools some of the tithing people are to be duped into thinking they are robbing God, when the real robbers are robbing them and staring them in the face and maybe having an altercation with one of the those who contributed toward payment for the first class ticket.  Unbelievable!... Unbelievable! ... Unbelievable! as Ray would say. I've taken the liberty to add an extra unbelievable to save Ray the trouble with him having said it so very often, and this truly needs an extra unbelievable thrown in.

Good on ya brother keep them coming. It's a treat, much more enjoyable than watching innocent souls roasting in hell forever, to see fools fighting for the privilege to be robbed. 
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Lord what's becoming of this world? Need I ask you have told it all in Your Loving Word. :'( :'( :'( :'(God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Roy Monis

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »

Hi! Brother Bob

Message received loud and clear, I never realized that they were a distraction. Forgive me, I will put a stop to those little dancers forthwith.

Thank you for drawing my attention to this source of annoyance.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

musicman

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 11:52:37 PM »

As I was saying, it was all unfounded!!  That's right, the witnesses said she neither screemed nor pushed the flight attendant. 

How dare everybody jump to conclusions about this poor millionair's wife!!!

Now, I know what mud tastes like.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 11:54:01 PM by musicman »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.