bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Cancer  (Read 11374 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Ray's Cancer
« on: August 07, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »

Many of you know from another post about Ray's prostrate cancer returning.

Today he had bone scans and the cancer is throughout his body. Too much to consider chemotherapy.

His doctor says the best he can do is try and extend his life. But Ray is going to try and beat it somehow.

This should not affect the conference. Right now he feels about the same as he has for the last few years.

I know everyone will pray with more urgency, and Ray wants you to know he appreciates your prayers very much.

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:34:53 PM by Dennis Vogel »

rk12201960

Re: Ray's Cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 11:57:47 PM »

It is a sad day today.
My prayers to you Ray and your loved ones.
God bless you brother.

winner08

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:07:34 AM »

I' am so sorry, I will pray for Ray. This is truly a sad day. I know I haven't been part of this group for very long, I wish I found y'all long ago. I learned so much in such a short time. Dennis is there anything I can do other than pray??

Darren

gmik

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 12:33:28 AM »

GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!!!

We have to believe this.

ALL THINGS ARE IN HIS WILL.

We have to believe this.

Lets put into practice what Ray has taught us.

GOD IS THE HEALER!!

We have to believe this.

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:45:46 AM »

What a shock ! I knew Ray had health issues but to hear this news is indeed sad.  I will pray for Ray and ask all who have been blessed with his teachings to pray for Ray and all his family. HEAVENLY FATHER, all is in YOUR HANDS and in YOUR WILL. Please bless and keep Ray in your service. Amen.

Phill B

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 01:01:18 AM »

HEAVENLY FATHER, all is in YOUR HANDS and in YOUR WILL. Please bless and keep Ray in your service. Amen.

Amen.

iris

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 02:06:40 AM »

To hear this news is sad,

I am so sorry.  :'(

Ray and his family will be in my prayers.

Iris

Linny

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 03:03:52 AM »

This breaks my heart but please may I say that just because the doctor's offer no hope doesn't mean options are out.
We believe that God has provided natural means for healing. I know too many who have kicked cancer so I wouldn't use a traditional doctor anyway. God's way is so much less stressful, less painful and quicker as well.

Please, if Ray is interested, he can email me and I can tell him about natural options and even a natural clinic that he can try. Many have gone there after being given a poor report and come home well.

Many blessings and prayers sent up,
Lin

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 04:00:03 AM »

when i first read the news about the cancer returning and spreading i literally broke out in a sweat and said a soft, "oh no!!!". but then i recalled the things God has taught us thru His servant ray. most especially i have learned that God is in charge of all of it. God will not leave us as orphans in the storm. He is a loving and merciful God and He knows how important ray is to us.  this news blazes with gehenna fire for ray and for each one of us who love ray. God's timing is ALWAYS perfect and His plan is ALWAYS perfect. this is our opportunity to trust in our Great Physician.  i pray that the blood of Jesus Christ will cleanse ray's blood. i pray that God will have mercy on ray and his family and on us his brothers and sisters in Christ. i pray that God will cause each and every one of us to study even more diligently, putting into practice the things we have learned from ray.   i pray that ray will continue under the protective shadow of God Almighty. God knows what He is doing and He knows this news has knocked the breath out of us.  will we fall down and stay down? wrong paleface... ray, i have booked my room for nashville and i have so been looking forward to meeting you.  my special petition to our Heavenly Father is simply this, "Dear God, please heal l. ray smith because we need him."

most sincerely,
claudia

Samarnon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 04:52:54 AM »

when i first read the news about the cancer returning and spreading i literally broke out in a sweat and said a soft, "oh no!!!". but then i recalled the things God has taught us thru His servant ray. most especially i have learned that God is in charge of all of it. God will not leave us as orphans in the storm. He is a loving and merciful God and He knows how important ray is to us.  this news blazes with gehenna fire for ray and for each one of us who love ray. God's timing is ALWAYS perfect and His plan is ALWAYS perfect. this is our opportunity to trust in our Great Physician.  i pray that the blood of Jesus Christ will cleanse ray's blood. i pray that God will have mercy on ray and his family and on us his brothers and sisters in Christ. i pray that God will cause each and every one of us to study even more diligently, putting into practice the things we have learned from ray.   i pray that ray will continue under the protective shadow of God Almighty. God knows what He is doing and He knows this news has knocked the breath out of us.  will we fall down and stay down? wrong paleface... ray, i have booked my room for nashville and i have so been looking forward to meeting you.  my special petition to our Heavenly Father is simply this, "Dear God, please heal l. ray smith because we need him."

most sincerely,
claudia

AMEN to that!

I'm praying that God, our Healer, the Greatest Physician will extend His healing hands to L.Ray in Jesus Name!

Joy

David

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:58:41 AM »

This is very sad news. I knew Ray wasn't in the best of health, but had no idea he had cancer. What a shock. My prayers are with him daily, that God will see fit to heel him quickly.
David

Robin

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 06:43:09 AM »

When my heart is so heavy that I can't find words I read this poem I found several years ago and it brings me comfort. I will pray for Ray with all my heart.

THE WILL OF GOD

The will of God will never take you,
Where the grace of God cannot keep you,
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply your needs,
Where the power of God cannot endow you.

Where the Spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the army of God cannot protect you,
Where the hands of God cannot mold you.

Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the mercies of God cannot sustain you,
Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.

Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.

Everything happens for a purpose. We may not see the wisdom of it all now, but trust and believe in God that everything is for the best.

~Author unknown~

dogcombat

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »

To Ray, the Moderators, and Forum members

It is my earnest prayer, that in light of the traumatic news regarding the health of our brother L. Ray Smith.  That we may understand God's will with much more clarity today.  Ray has shared with readers (both forum members and non-members) the truths that God has revealed unto him.  I don't know what's on the horizon for Ray & Manuela.  But my prayer is, that in light of what has been revealed in the various scans, that God reveal more of Christ to not only them but to those here at Bible Truths.com, so that we can overcome with the Grace that is sufficient for today.   Many of us have our own health & family issues that have been posted on the forum.  Know that Eph 1:11 MEANS what it says, that God "works ALL things after the counsel of HIS own will. 

Brother Ray,  I can only hope that you're likely Jonah in the belly of the whale.  I know it looks dark for now, but GOD has you right where HE wants you, and HE will have the final say on what's to come.  Though I haven't met you and Manuela in person, those who have posted their experiences of meeting you both make me wish I had.  Even though I'm NOWHERE near the maturity level that you're at right now.  Although I have been guilty of putting your writings on a pedistal (Idolatry), I understand that you're a brother being led humbly on this walk of life in Christ.  One thing for certain, the Lord does NOT lead us on the path of least resistance.  May His strength flow to you and those He's moved to pray according to His Will.

God be with you
Ches 

cherokee

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »

Very sad news indeed. :'(
I can only echo the prayers of others.

Peace and Love to Ray and his family.

Suzie

OBrenda

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 10:45:46 AM »

>:( :'( :-[ >:(:'( :'(  .....Unutterable groaning.....
 Brenda

Roy Monis

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

Hi! Dennis

Thank you yet again brother. Ray is a fighter. God is gracious and merciful. The power of Prayer is explosive. A true servant of God is invaluable in these days of darkness. So God's will will be done in answer to our united prayer in the precious name of Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen!

Forgive me for breaking my promise Indianabob, but on this occasion I couldn't care less.

“For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” (1Pet.3:12).
God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Samson

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44:08 PM »

GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING!!!!

We have to believe this.

ALL THINGS ARE IN HIS WILL.

We have to believe this.

Lets put into practice what Ray has taught us.

GOD IS THE HEALER!!

We have to believe this.

Sad News for All,

Of course, Gena is right, as stated above, it's definitely the right attitude. No one enjoys or likes Trials and Sufferings, when they occur, even though it's God's Will for us to purify, train, disipline in preparation for future events. According to Dennis Vogel's initial Post, Ray has an Optimistic approach to his recent news. This News about Ray might help the rest of us realize that our own personal problems and sufferings are not all that bad in comparison to Ray having cancer throughout his body. It might help all of us to not be so selfish about our problems and realize that maybe we don't have it so bad. An example of Cause/effect relationship or Cause leading to choice.

We hope and We Pray for Ray and his Wife, just think what she might be suffering as a result of this.

Thinking of Ray & His Wife, Samson.

chav

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 02:29:33 PM »

Hi
Both Karen and I are very sorry to hear of Ray's condition.Our prayers are with Ray and his family at this difficult time.
Dave

dave

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 03:46:57 PM »

This is very sad news were I to accept to retain it in my natural
and earthy thoughts....I do not. Praise the Name of Jesus :)

Mike T

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »

John 14:27
"...I do not give to you as the world gives..."
:'(
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.