bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's Cancer  (Read 11272 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ray's Cancer
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 07:51:06 PM »

in meditating on ray's health condition i started thinking about all the naysayers who email ray daily damning him to burn in hell (which we know isn't the Truth) because of ray's teachings. i also started thinking about all those who believe that sickness is caused by satan because of sin, and all those who will say that ray's cancer is because of his teachings. then i remembered the teaching by ray that Jesus was diseased and sickly. i know this is something many of those on the bt forum may have already realized, as many are more mature in their understanding of the Scriptures, but in my meditations on this matter i had an "aha moment".  how could Jesus' sickness and disease be caused by sin when He never sinned?!!! it was then that God truly opened my eyes to the truth that He is the One who allows/uses sickness and disease to come on His children as opportunity to grow in faith and trust in Him alone.  of course, those who believe Jesus was perfect in body while on Earth, also believe that sickness comes to us because of our sin.  i know this post is rambling a bit, but i just wanted to share how God opened my eyes to CONFIRM that we who suffer in our bodies do so because of His Will and His doing, and not because we are being punished for our sin. ray's cancer run amok has brought me to understand in earnest how ray and each one of us who believe the Truth of the Scriptures, suffer our fiery trials on Earth. i believe there are many more things God has to reveal to ray for our benefit. i ask God for mercy on ray.

love to all,
claudia

pylady

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 10:14:27 PM »

It is difficult to think right now after such shocking news.  But the comments of all of you serve to remind me that all is in God's hands.  We must trust in Him with all our hearts to make all work out for good. 

He has given us a glimpse of the prize we will receive if we but endure.  This is one of the more difficult moments to endure.  Please help us trust in you Lord.  And please keep our beloved brother, L Ray Smith, in your loving care.

Cindy

Heidi

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2008, 11:27:07 PM »

...... but in my meditations on this matter i had an "aha moment".  how could Jesus' sickness and disease be caused by sin when He never sinned?!!! it was then that God truly opened my eyes to the truth that He is the One who allows/uses sickness and disease to come on His children as opportunity to grow in faith and trust in Him alone. 

I had an "aha moment" as well.  God is faithful. He has allowed this for the greater good, and saving of many lives.

Heidi

Kent

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

Ray, you are a God-sent blessing, to me and to everyone else. I mean it. 

I look forward to meeting you one day, to thank you in person.
Kent

Jackie Lee

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 12:59:44 AM »

It is difficult to think right now after such shocking news.  But the comments of all of you serve to remind me that all is in God's hands.  We must trust in Him with all our hearts to make all work out for good. 

He has given us a glimpse of the prize we will receive if we but endure.  This is one of the more difficult moments to endure.  Please help us trust in you Lord.  And please keep our beloved brother, L Ray Smith, in your loving care.

Cindy
I agree with all the posts on this thread especially the above post by Cindy!

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 05:10:03 PM »

This is so hard to take in. We all know that we dont understand Gods ways at times and this is one of them. My heart weeps for Ray and his family and they all are in our prayers.
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.