bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayer??  (Read 4328 times)

winner08

prayer??
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »

My friend and I were talking about praying just a little while ago and she said that if you pray about something really hard and your heart is good God will answer your prayer. Then she said what do you think He means when He says ask and you shall receive seek and you shall find knock and the door will open? I wanted to hear what she had to say on the subject. She said All these thing will happen if you pray really hard and have faith that God will ansewer your prayers. God doesn't do anything small. If He blesses you it will be a large blessing. This is the stuff she says. Then I ask her where does the bible say this? I get, "somewhere". Oh really, I say. So I let it go. I am not a teacher of scripture. I don't
 know enough to be sure I am correct. If I have a doubt about something I will not give an ansewer. Now if I know for sure this is the truth then I will give a direct ansewer, then chapter and verse. Well when I see her again I will tell her to look up Ray's site and read his papers on prayer.

Darren

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: prayer??
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »

Good deal, Darren.  I think I'll be reading that one again this weekend myself.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 10:03:46 PM »

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as in heaven.

Who's will be done?...Gods will...What is the will of God...  ALL Things are declared, and all things shall stand.

Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure: I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed [it], I will also do it. [Isa 46 :10-11].

What ISN"T Gods will?.....absolutely nothing goes against the Will of God........

We are "caused to pray"...we don't change Gods will because WE do pray, there is a mountain of articles on bibletruths.com that discuss these and other subjects

Peace

Chris R

winner08

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:59:18 AM »

Yes Chris and I have read many of them and they all say the samething. That unless it is in God's Will, your prayer wont be answered the way you would like. This is what I said to my friend. Who then proceeded to give me her feelings towards this truth. That's when I decided to tell her to read Ray's papers for herself. It funny though when you think about it. When the so called Christians tell you that they always get what they pray for or most of the time, they say it is because they believe in their heart that God will ansewer their prayers and they pray real hard. I guess they don't realize that it was already in the Lords Will to be done.

Darren

David

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »

John 9:31  Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.

Maybe this scripture has a lot to do with why most people don't get their prayers answered?

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 09:36:51 PM »

Hi there Darren,

I read this emailed reply from Ray concerning prayer that may help....

"From the King James: 

"Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities, for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

This marvelous Scripture, however, does not bring out the whole truth contained in the Greek manuscripts regarding this verse, in the King James Version. Here is a better translation.

From the Concordant Literal New Testament: 

"Now, similarly, the spirit also is aiding our infirmity, for what we should be praying for, to accord with WHAT MUST BE, we are not aware, but the spirit itself is pleading for us with inarticulate groanings."

"With WHAT MUST BE..."  There is the answer!  And here is the perfect application of this verse in the real world: 

"And He went a little further and fell on His face, and prayed saying, O My Father, IF it be possible, let this cup pass from Me: [but that was NOT POSSIBLE! God had already PREDETERMINED that Jesus SHOULD drink this cup, and therefore, IMMEDIATELY recanted to the prodding of the Holy Spirit and said the following...]: nevertheless not as I will, BUT AS THOU WILL ['to accord with WHAT MUST BE']." 

Then Jesus prayed again, WITHOUT asking God to take the cup from Him: 

"He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O My Father, if this cup may NOT pass away from Me, except I drink it, THY WILL BE DONE" (Matt. 26:39 & 42).

Clearly Jesus was CAUSED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT to pray "in accord with WHAT MUST BE."

And the same thing that goes for prayer goes for EVERYTHING in our lives. It will always be according to God's preordained intention. That is not to say that things do not got AGAINST HIS WILL, they often do. But... BUT, it is also often God's intention that we DO GO AGAINST HIS STATED WILL. Many times it is God INTENTION that humanity goes AGAINST HIS WILL. In Romans 9:19 were it says, "For who has resisted His WILL?" it should be translated: "For who has resisted His INTENTION." This is a different Greek word from what is normally translated "will."

winner08

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »

Thanks Heidi, I read all that already. Several times. I think I understand now. God only predetermined after we ask for it. God also predetermined that we would ask for it.

Yes thanks

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 19 queries.