bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how those emerge out of the lake of fire/2nd death, second resurrection  (Read 4268 times)

AK4

Hi all,

I posted this in a different thread yesterday.  I just wondered what you guys think.

This was the question:

Quote from: hillsbororiver on July 28, 2008, 11:06:40 AM
Hi Iris,

Yes, I agree they will be purified, you also alluded to what I have yet to find a clear answer to and that is do they emerge as spirit or as a perfect human to be "changed" (into spirit) at some future point?

Peace,
Joe
Good comment Joe,
Most have wondered about this and I haven't a qualified answer either, however we can perhaps get a hint by the experience of our Elder Brother when he was resurrected and appeared to the others.  It is evident that he had spiritual qualities after his resurrection that had not been apparent before then and yet he was able to appear and communicate with his brethren as if he was the same.

This is what i came up with:

Eze 37:12  Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13  And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14  And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

He put his Spirit in them...

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10  And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Their bodies are now dead because of sin because the Spirit of Christ is in them.  And His spirit that he puts in them, quickens (makes alive)their mortal bodies after going through the LOF/second death.

1Co 15:48  As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

So now since they have His spirit they will also bear the image of the heavenly.

Php 3:21  Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

They get a body like His because they have his spirit and their carnal minds are subdued.  And now for indianabobs comment....

Most have wondered about this and I haven't a qualified answer either, however we can perhaps get a hint by the experience of our Elder Brother when he was resurrected and appeared to the others.  It is evident that he had spiritual qualities after his resurrection that had not been apparent before then and yet he was able to appear and communicate with his brethren as if he was the same.

Great comment indianabob, I agree.  Maybe this is the end/new beginning result also for those in the 2nd resurrection they will be like the One who put his spirit in them.  So this prayer that Jesus gave...

John 17:20-23
20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

....was for ALL that go through the lake of fire--the elect and those in the 2nd resurrection.

I want to keep trying to link scripture with what i've put here, but it feels as if i could on forever (eonian   ).  I hope i didnt stretch this too far. 

in Jesus

Anthony

ps  why cant those that come out of the lake of fire/second death get the same treatment as those that are in the first resurrection?  this thought humbles me more because it reassures me that no one will be superior to the other when the consumption of the ages arrives

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: how those emerge out of the lake of fire/2nd death, second resurrection
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:53:55 PM »

That was a good study, Anthony.  What I have gathered on the subject is simply that we will shed corruption and mortality and put on incorruption and immortality.  I've also heard or read snippets in Ray's stuff that we would be spiritual bodies with great power. 

As for your PS.  All I've gleaned is that the 'difference' is one of Timing.  It may not (or may) be one of ultimate destiny.  That doesn't answer your question at ALL, does it?  LOL.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AK4

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 08:00:19 PM »

thanks Dave,

that study just makes me think of this verse:

1Co 2:9
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

I try to think of best things that God will provide for us in the future, like just being able to travel through the universe seeing all that he has created, and then i realise that anything i think of he will vastly surpass even my best thoughts.  I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

In earnest expectation

Anthony

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »

Hi Anthony,

I found the following email that ties in with your post....

Raised?
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:45:43 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Ray,I’ve been in the forum and read one of your email replies where it’s implied that the elect will be resurrected with spiritual bodies and the wicked will be resurrected with physical bodies.

I’m really not seeing this, so I’m asking you for help. I don’t know if the answer to this should be longer than an email, but if you can tell me where this statement comes from, maybe I won’t be confused on the matter.Your friend,

Beau

Dear Beau:  It is only the "we"--the believing elect of God that will be resurrected with spiritual bodies (I Cor. 15:42-54).  Hitler will not be resurrected with a POWERFUL, GLORIOUS, SPIRITUAL BODY! (I Cor. 15:42-44. Those with these GLORIOUS bodies are the "we"  of verse 49, not the wicked and unbelieving who will be resurrected to JUDGMENT.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 12:03:25 AM »

Thanks Heidi.  And after judgement?  (stay tuned to the LOF series to find out more)  ;)
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.