bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old and New Testament?  (Read 5580 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Old and New Testament?
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:47:15 AM »

I have pondered this question for years: Since God is the same from the beginning on through to the end, never changing. How could there be an old then a new testament or covenant between God and his people? The very nature of switching from old to new points to a definite change. Whether it be a change of venue, precedence, or a change of pants, it is abandoning the old for the new. If one were to believe that God could have changed his (mind)word, one would quite easily believe that he again could change his word, which would render the Word of God useless, because he could change it without notice.

The only conclusion that I have been able to accept is that the so called, new testament is Jesus's was of presenting and straiting out the errors of the so called old testament do to man's humanness getting in the way of the word of God as it was given them. Or that man could not understand what God was telling them, or that man wrote in whatever he wished to add to the word of God as a way of gaining control over the masses, and winning favor with the kings and the powers that were. I really don't know. I have asked many a preacher and laymen alike and have never received an acceptable answer to this most difficult and troubling question. I pray you can shed some light on this subject, thank you kindly, Jerry

Dear Jerry:  The answer to your enigma is quite simple. We read in Malachi 3:6-- "For I am the Lord, I CHANGE NOT."  As for Jesus we read in Heb. 138--"Jesus Christ THE SAME yesterday, and today, and forever."

The character and attributes of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ NEVER CHANGE. But.....BUT, God changes many things regarding mankind.  None of these changes are an admission of error, however. Everything God has done and then changed with regard to humanity is predetermined. God has never made a mistake.  The Old Covenant HAD to come before the New.  Another: There HAD to be made a change in the law concerning priests coming from Aaron and the tribe of Levi only, because Jesus is our High Priest and He came from the Tribe of Judah (Heb 7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a CHANGE also of the law.)  Another: Hos 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I CHANGE their glory into shame.

And so God does changes "things," but God Himself does not change.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.