bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Greatest Gift???  (Read 13829 times)

frecklegirl417

God's Greatest Gift???
« on: August 10, 2008, 02:27:37 PM »

To all my Brothers and Sisters;

I have been pondering this question for sometime and was curious as to what everyone here thought God's greatest gift was. I feel God's greatest gift was LIFE!!!!! God didn't have to give us life, he chose too. He could have left the universe a dark, dank place, but he decided to give us life. I have learned alot here and continue to learn more and explore the word of God with open eyes. I even tried looking for the answer to my question in the bible but could not find the right answer. I have even asked people the same question "What do you think God's greatest gift was?" and everyone just looked at me like I lost my mind. One person even told me "God gave us his son."  I told him your right he did, but what did he give us besides his son. He could not answer!!
           I know He gave his son for us, but I feel that the greatest gift he gave us was LIFE!!! Without this gift of life where would we be now, what would we have? I think we would still be a pile of clay stuffed in a jar like the clay we use to play with in kindergarten class. If I am wrong in this, then please feel free to show me my errors. My feelings will not be hurt, I truly would like to hear from all of you.
          I love to learn more from all of you. Thanks for listening to me ramble on.   ;D I can't wait to hear from all of you.

With God's Love & Understanding,
                                                                                            Pam

AK4

Re: God's Greatest Gift???
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 03:17:42 PM »

Hi Pam,

Your right! God's greatest gift he gave us is Life.  But what is Life? Well Life is Jesus!!!

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 17:1-3
1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

2 Timothy 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life that is in Christ Jesus,

John 6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty.

John 11:25-26
 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

We could go on and on. I hope this helps.

Oh, but think about this--Life is the greatest gift and we are just getting a taste of it now right?  What can you imagine it will be later? Well what ever you think, God says:

1Cor 2:9
However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

That says to me that we cant imagine how great Life is going be then.

In Jesus

Anthony

Roy Monis

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »

Hi! Frecklegirl

"God's greatest gift????"  That will be JESUS CHRIST without a shadow of doubt."  WHY?  "And he called unto him the multitude with his disciples, and said unto them, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s shall save it. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? For what should a man give in exchange for his life?"  (Mark 8:34-37). That is full stop in my humble opinion.

God bless you sister and brother (Samson) in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

All good comments Pam,

I get your point I believe, ....

We don't really get the big picture right now, of just what....Life / Jesus / Future Rewards will bring.

But without the Act of God first creating us, giving us Life, we would never be.

If we don't first exist, how can we appreciate Christ?

That he created us at all, is truly amazing,
Brenda
 ;D

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 08:39:08 PM »

I believe that we haven't even seen the greatest gift yet. Yes, the fact that He gave us life at all is in itself incredible and some of the things that He gives us to experience in this life seem like the greatest gift we could ever receive. I know for me personally it is hard to not say that the greatest gift He gave me is my children and the experience of being a mother. It's also hard not to say that life in Jesus isn't the greatest gift. I look at my life before and my life in the past few years since He called me to Him and it's unbelievable how great it is now compared to what it was. But the truth of the matter is that we haven't seen anything yet. We have no idea what is in store for us after this age is over but we all know that NOTHING here can compare to it. Everything mentioned: life, our experiences, God's own son, salvation through Jesus, they are all part of the gift, but I think that the best is yet to come and all of those things are what makes that "greatest gift" possible. Like Brenda said, if we don't exist how can we appreciate Christ? If Christ didn't die for us how could we be with God? If we didn't experience life, good and bad, how could we appreciate the life that is to come? So I think that everyone is totally 100% right. The greatest gift that God gave us is to let us live and have our experiences so we could appreciate that Jesus died for us to be saved so that we could be WITH GOD experiencing what ""No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived" that God has prepared for those who love Him!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mike T

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »

Hi Pam, your question brings this question to mind...

"What is My greatest gift to you?"

I believe this thought comes from the Son.

Pam, you are the answer to the question.

Mike T

Brian

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:05:49 AM »

GOD'S FAITHFULNESS:
All Christians rest upon the faithfulness of God. Our unchangeable God who never falters, never fails in His promise is the very foundation of our faith and the ground of our security. That is what gives stability and strength to our faith; we can count on it. We have the same God that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob had, that David prayed to and wrote his Psalms in praise of -- all this constitutes for us the bedrock of security that we rest upon it in every single day.

frecklegirl417

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 01:11:59 AM »

To Anthony, Krista, Roy, Brenda, MikeT, & Brian,

Thank you for all the thoughts on this thread. You all gave me more things to study and to think upon. I believe you all are right and there really can not be any real wrong answer or right answer.

joyful1

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »

All good answers! Good just to sit and think about this! thanks for asking Pam!

In the end, I am nothing without love.

1 Cor 13:13
... the greatest of these is love.
Joyce :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:57:05 AM by joyful1 »

Samson

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 01:53:29 PM »

Hello My Loving Freckle Girl,

I concur that the GIFT OF LIFE is numero uno, this thread is exclusively a person's opinion and remains as such, in my case. God the Father is the source of life who Created his Son(Rev. 3:14)- beginning of creation by God; Col. 1:15-20- By means of him all things were created in the Heavens, all things were created through him and for him. THE IMAGE OF THE INVISIBLE GOD, THE FIRST BORN OF ALL CREATION. John. 1: 2-5- All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence.  All Paraphrases of the cited Scriptures. Jesus is our Creator and God the Father is the source of our Creator Jesus. Jesus(Jehovah Savior) gave us life and Saves us from Sin and Death.

Good Thread and Good Posts and many Scriptures to read and reflect upon. This thread stimulates Our Hearts(feelings) and Our Minds(thinking Caps) and requires reflection and is upbuilding to Our fellowship at Bible-Truths.

By God's Will, may we live life to the full, in his service.

Samson.

Matt

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »

I like this question :)
To me, the gifts of life, love, family, Jesus, etc... were significantly all less meaningfull before I was given the gift of TRUTH, which the Lord has given to us all through Ray.  The truth enhances everything in my life (or helps me to tolerate that which I despise).

The Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive (welcome, take to its heart), because it does not see Him or know and recognize Him. But you know and recognize Him, for He lives with you [constantly] and will be in you. John 14: 17

Therefore, rejecting all falsity and being done now with it, let everyone express the truth with his neighbor, for we are all parts of one body and members one of another. Ephesians 4: 25

Matt
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:15:08 PM by Matthew »

Stevernator

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:23:17 AM »

Those are some wonderful posts. I would like to concur that Jesus is the greatest gift from God.

John 14:6
6Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me;

Acts 17:28
28for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

kweli

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 05:52:33 AM »

A big AMEN to that Stevernator

I wish to take nothing away from Pam or anyone else. I do agree that GOD gave our lifeless dust of the ground a gift of life:

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Acts 17:25
Neither is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things.

but, what's life without the Way, the Truth and the Life??? And we shall also share HIS glory with Him. HIS glory. Us. It's a miracle how we are to even be eligible. But only through Jesus.

All Glory to GOD

dewey

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »

scriptures say that  the greatest gift is love, [1:co13:13] say that the greatest of these is love.
what is love?
what is this gift of love?
who is it that our father says he loves? [ mt3:17] this is my son ,in whom i love.
who was it that preached love?[mt:5:44] but i tell you love your enemies.
    well what i'm gtting at here is the fact that for me the greatest would have to be, not this life, because with out Jesus it would not be much of a life, i see it every day,how sad.
    Jesus is love, now i belive everyone knows what i think the greatest gift is .
the love in your heart wasant put there to stay,love is not love ,till you give it away.

in the spirit of Jesus     love yuan's dewey said it

Phil3:10

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 11:40:52 AM »

Pam,
I think every reply is wonderful in your inquiry into GOD'S greatest gift. My answer is HE gave us everything. The good and the bad, the sweet and the sour, happiness and sadness and most of all HIMSELF. HE is ALL and in HIM is everything from the majesty of HIS universe to the smallest virus in existence. HE is the Creator and without HIM there is nothing. GOD'S greatest gift is HIMSELF and HE manifests it in everything that HE created and is continuing to create.
I know this may not be the answer you have in your mind but it is just my simple response to a very intriguing question. Oh, the splendor and majesty of the GOD of everything.
Phil3:10

carol v

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »

Christ, Life, Love, Truth are all the greatest gifts and in that order for me...

But just to get a little "carnal", the boxers and pugs I have loved through the years have sure made the hard road easier  :D

frecklegirl417

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:40:55 PM »

;D ;D ;D  T o all my Brothers and Sisters in Christ;

I really like all the answers I received here. I just was wondering what everyone thought or their opinions. I do not believe there really any bad answers to this question. It was one of those questions that I always had in my head and would ask people what their opinion was. Like I got here I got lot of different answers. Thank you all for your opinions and the verses to study.

With God's Love & Understanding,
                                                      Pam

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2008, 07:06:55 PM »

Hi! Frecklegirl

"God's greatest gift????"  That will be JESUS CHRIST without a shadow of doubt."  WHY?  "And he called unto him the multitude with his disciples, and said unto them, If any man would come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever would save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s shall save it. For what doth it profit a man, to gain the whole world, and forfeit his life? For what should a man give in exchange for his life?"  (Mark 8:34-37). That is full stop in my humble opinion.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

hi roy, am i just "seeing" your scripture reference for the first time?? as i read it, i am thinking about the part "if any man would come after me, let him "deny himself". is this denying himself the same as us casting off our carnal man? i have read this scripture reference a bazillion times and i just now really mediated on "deny himself". absolutely amazing how God shows us His truths even when we least expect it. i love God so much.

your sister in Him,
claudia

Roy Monis

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »

Hi! Frecklegirl

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

hi roy, am i just "seeing" your scripture reference for the first time?? as i read it, i am thinking about the part "if any man would come after me, let him "deny himself". is this denying himself the same as us casting off our carnal man? i have read this scripture reference a bazillion times and i just now really mediated on "deny himself". absolutely amazing how God shows us His truths even when we least expect it. i love God so much.

your sister in Him,
claudia

Hi! Claudia

Yes indeed, sister, I love the true Jesus Christ dearly too, more than life itself and that includes the carnal man. Just Christ and Christ alone, in me and I in Him.

God bless you sister in our joint walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

AK4

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 11:56:22 AM »

Hi Roy

This will be in the wrong thread (i can't (apostrophe) remember which thread it was in) but i wanted to ask you what is worshipping the creation?  I know the basic stuff, but i just cant get grasp on what it is that people are worshipping when they worship the creation.

Sorry everyone for putting this in this thread :'(

Anthony
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.