bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's Greatest Gift???  (Read 13204 times)

Stevernator

Re: God's Greatest Gift???
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 12:19:05 PM »

Hi AK4,
Things like the sun, golden calves, images of baal, idols, etc.

Roy Monis

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 12:52:30 PM »

Hi Roy

This will be in the wrong thread (i can't (apostrophe) remember which thread it was in) but i wanted to ask you what is worshipping the creation?  I know the basic stuff, but i just cant get grasp on what it is that people are worshipping when they worship the creation.

Sorry everyone for putting this in this thread :'(

Anthony

Hi! Anthony

I have just explained what I mean to Kathy, but I will reprint it here in case you haven't seen my post to her..

Ages before Jesus was Begotten of Mary we are told that a body was prepared for Him in readiness in accord to the Father's predestined will. "Therefore, when He comes into the world, He says, “Sacrifice and offering You have not desired, But a body You have prepared for Me; In whole burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin You have taken no pleasure. “Then I said, ‘Behold, I have come (In the scroll of the book it is written of Me) To do Your will, O God. (Heb.10:5-7). The Word has volunteered to do the Father's will.

Now we have this verse; "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being." (Jn.1:1-3). This tells us that the Word was from the very beginning with God, and it also tells us that the Word was God and that all things came into being through Him the Word/God.

Now this may appear to indicate that we are talking about two Gods whereas we know that there is only the ONE GOD and Father. But this Scripture explains this; "No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him." (Jn.1:18). So the Word is in the bosom of the Father, like a fetus in a woman's womb. Still only ONE GOD. This Word in the bosom of the Father is the identical snapshot image of the Father with all His character traits. Unlike the human where two totally different individuals being involved, the child would have the character traits of both parents and would be unique in genetic make up. In the case of the Father there are no two beings involved just the Father.

In the Father/Son relationship they have identical character traits but the Son/Word by virtue of being the Son is subject to the will of the Father out of Whom all power and energy, including the Word/Son comes forth. That is Begotten/Born but not created. The Word/Son is the legitimate Creator God, Son of the Father God. "Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of Him." (1Jn.5:1). Not created by Him but Born of Him.

When Mary conceives there is no human involvement, "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit." (Matt.1:18). The Holy Spirit of the Father implanted the Word in the body of Jesus, that had been prepared for Him, into Mary. The result was Jesus Christ the legitimate Word/Son of God. The CREATOR of all things and not a created being. To worship a created being is to worship part of the creation and not the true Creator.

God bless you brother in our joint walk in Christ.  I hope this helps.

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     

Dianne

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 10:03:40 PM »

My very first thought is this: Himself, God gave (and gives) Himself is there anything any greater than that?

::)

Dianne

winner08

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 11:47:10 PM »

Hi everybody, I like everybody else say it is love. This is God's greatest gift. Also life. How about the gift of giving us (puny man) His Word, so that we might know Him. Grace and salvation. Just for good measure.

Darren
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.