bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Son's of God?  (Read 5263 times)

OBrenda

Son's of God?
« on: August 11, 2008, 10:43:06 PM »

I'm trying to understand the term "Sons of God" are these angels?

Genesis 6:2
Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose.  Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
................................................................................

Job 1:6
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.  The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it."
................................................................................

Luke 20:36
for neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it does not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
 ???

Samson

Re: Son's of God?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2008, 11:08:10 PM »

Brenda,

No, Brenda, the Sons of God mentioned at Genesis Chapter 6 are not Angels, some denominations, including JW'S believe that the Sons of God mentioned their are Angels that put on Fleshly incarnate Bodies covering their Spiritual essense having sexual relations with the Women producing a Hybrid offspring called Nephilim and they(JW's) believe these Hybrid offspring of Human Females and Angelic Son's of God were eventual destroyed at the Flood of Noahs Day. Ray has an old E-mail that Adresses this regarding these Son's of God and the Giant Bully Nephilim. Some(a few) Translations render that Verse as Angels instead of Son's of God. To come up with an interpretation as expressed above, one would have to read into the Scriptures. I don't think the Hebrew word rendered Son's of God can accurately translated " Angels ". Of course, prior to arrival at this Site, I used to believe the above. At one point, I was going to E-mail Ray about his interpretation, but I considered this a minor point that didn't matter to me and eventually received a reasonable answer by reading that E-mail regarding that passage. Perhaps someone else from this Site will provide you with the link to that E-mail, I have to go now.

Kind Regards, Samson.

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:44:36 AM »

Hello Brenda,

Here are emails that Samson mentioned:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3293.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4182.0.html

I came across these emails and others when doing an advanced search on 'sons of God'. In most of the search results, Ray stated that the subject was too big for an email but these 2 provide the most feedback. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Marques

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »

Thanks Guys,

I didn't know how to give answer. And true either way is not relevant to Salvation. But interesting.  I love the way Ray's mind can focus in, and find that one detail that blows the veil off the truth!

We are truly Blessed!
Brenda

winner08

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »

I agree Brenda. Knowing these things are not any help in our salvation. I thought that our salvation depends on God and His grace. Is this true? Anyway, these other things is what helps keep me interested in the Bible. Well Besides being the Word of God. The stories that are in the Bible are great and like I said very interesting. I've always enjoyed reading and learning all aspects of the Bible. Knowledge is power.

Thanks Brenda,

Darren

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »

I agree Brenda. Knowing these things are not any help in our salvation. I thought that our salvation depends on God and His grace. Is this true? Anyway, these other things is what helps keep me interested in the Bible. Well Besides being the Word of God. The stories that are in the Bible are great and like I said very interesting. I've always enjoyed reading and learning all aspects of the Bible. Knowledge is power.

Thanks Brenda,

Darren

I Believe it is Absolutely True Darren, that our Salvation is the Gift of God through his Grace!  Some of the other things we search out aren't as critical, but I find all of it exciting to dig for his truth! :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.