bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repentance (and Guilty of All)  (Read 6131 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Repentance (and Guilty of All)
« on: August 12, 2008, 09:05:38 PM »

Just listened to these two sermons and was once again really blessed and edified.  Besides the fellowship I experience from being 'in the audience' listening to these, this series in particular put me up there with Ray.  In a lot of ways, our lives have been similar with obvious differences in detail and degree, and that is further proof to me that I am where I need to be.

One point he raised was the order in which God deals with sin.  He gave the three ways God deals with it and asked the crowd to put them in order.  Finally, FINALLY, I got one right.  ;) 

I don't say this to gloat, but just as testimony that God has been working in my mind and life as well to understand.

First is forgiveness.  Next is Repentence.  Next is Cleansing.  How much of Religion has this backwards? 

Anyways...this is the forum for sharing what we've learned.  I don't know if there is any reason to reply, but I just felt led to share.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AK4

Re: Repentance (and Guilty of All)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »

Dave,

I know the feeling.  Doesn't feel great! It kind of reminds of what Dave Ramsey (radio talk show host who motto is that "the new status symbol is the paid off mortgage instead of a bmw") has his callers do when they call in and tell him that they're debt free.  He has them count down from 5 and scream I'M DEBT FREE and then after that you hear a guy scream...

FFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

AK4

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:05:40 PM »

I know the feeling.  Doesn't feel great!

Oops thats doesnt it feel great!

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:10:21 PM »

This bible study on Repentance also spoke directly to me, I was truly blessed by it.

The bit that really got to me was the following: "Rom 2:1  “Therefore you have no excuse, O man…”  Do you know what Paul had in mind when he said “O man?”  He’s talking about the carnal of the carnal, he’s talking about humanity in the world, about total uncovering, total carnality.  O man, you know he uses that phrase again in Rom. 9:20,  “But who are you, O man, that answers against God,” see.  God can form man anyway He wants to, who are you O man.

Rom 2:1 “ Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself…”.

I am that O man......

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:07:49 PM »

Dave, Ak4, and Heidi--
Interestingly enough, I felt that I needed to "re-read" the transcript of "Reptance" just yesterday! I remember crying the first time through when he got to the part that you mentioned, Dave, about realizing that "forgiveness" came FIRST...before we were ever even born! God totally knew in advance we would need forgiveness and provided that before we needed it....kind of like a loving father-to-be using all of his paycheck to buy what the baby will need in advance!

One thing that stood out this time for me was:

"And when I had nothing more to repent of, that I knew of, then the scriptures started opening up."

Since this is an ongoing process, I thought I'd spend some time alone over the next few days, repenting. There seems to always be new things that come to mind over a period of time....and then there is the ongoing sinning machine that I am...so a regular check up can't hurt, right?

I think when the "revelation" in scripture slows or comes to a halt, perhaps a "check-up" is in order?

Just my thoughts!
Joyce :)

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:31:14 PM »

I also like the part when Ray is talking about when you take the beam out of your eye...
and...WOW...the other guy has a beam in his eye also.
It is so true when God starts to convict you of something wether it's stealing, lying, or swearing etc...
When you pull it out of your self (with his help) Boy do you not see, everybody else doing it?

Although I see just Fine myself... 8)
Brenda

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

Hey Heidi.  What horrible 'seminaries' some of us have to go through to be able to preach that!  I wouldn't wish that education on my worst enemy.  But what eyes it gives you looking out into the world to see God preparing the most unlikely in the most unlikely way.  God is great.

Yep, Joyce.  I'm feeling very strongly this is a time for me to get away for a while.  I've been looking at some decently priced place to GO to, but if that fails, I'll just shut it all down here for a while.

Brenda that 'beam in the eye' thing made sense finally when I understood that Jesus was not talking to ONE disciple concerning another oneor more, but was talking to EACH of them concerning each other. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Samarnon

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 12:28:40 AM »

Yes, I was also listening to this audio last night, and it kinda magnify in me how we easily judge and condemn others when in fact we are also as the scripture say “if you break one law, you’re guilty of all.”  Judge not so you won’t be judged becomes clear to me. Human nature is but so judgmental and critical concerning others. We barely look at ourselves when condemning others.

Thanks God for opening our understanding regarding these things. Thanks to Ray.

God bless,
Joy

Heidi

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:40:11 AM »

Since this is an ongoing process, I thought I'd spend some time alone over the next few days, repenting. There seems to always be new things that come to mind over a period of time....and then there is the ongoing sinning machine that I am...so a regular check up can't hurt, right?

I belief I feel the need to do the same.....
 :D
Love in Christ
Heidi

dogcombat

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »

I'm with you there Dave.  In reading this thread the verse in Hebrews 12 comes to mind:

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6  For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7  If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8  But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

9  Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10  For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11  Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

The "chastening and scourging" here is God's consuming fire burning (or purging) out what was carnally acceptable so that His truth will flourish.  Sort of like slow cooking.  It takes time but MAAAANNNN it's so GOOOOOOOD!

Ches
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.