bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homosexuality  (Read 5124 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Homosexuality
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:50 PM »

Dear Sir,

Let me tell you a story.

About fifteen years ago, two people met through a friend of theirs. They became close friends, and gradually, they fell in love.
These two loved each other very much, and eventually they married. And I would like to say that they lived happily ever after.

Sadly, I can't.

These two people have been abused, mistreated and looked down upon. They have been treated like dirt by people who don't even know them.
All because they love each other. And it is, I feel, proof of their love that despite the opinions of others they are still together.

They are good people. They are kind, and thoughtful. They help others, they donate to charity- they are nice people.

They do not deserve to be looked down upon, just because they are both male.

How can you condemn someone- for love? Because that's what homophobia is. Prejudice and hatred for a group of people just because of who they love.
Homosexuality is not a sin. There are far more serious things in the world that you could be bothered with- for example, the unjust persecution of thousands of people just because of their sexuality. I would call that a just cause- wouldn't you?

Maybe the Bible does say that it is wrong. But have you considered that times change? At that time, homosexuality was a crime. Now, it is widely accepted. Surely that's a good thing?

A few hundred years ago, people were trying to justify racism and sexism with the Bible. Today, things like that just aren't acceptable. But how is homophobia any different?

Love thy neighbor, and forgive those who trespass against you. Sins are forgiven- and can it really be consideed a sin to love?

The story above is true, by the way. In England, same sex marriages are legal.

Homophobia is wrong. Don't justify it with Bible quotations- Our Father would want us to accept, and not to judge.

Yours sincerely,
Sally M

Dear Sally:  My paper pointed out more clearly than any other paper I have ever seen, that homosexually is a sin in God's eyes. That does not make me a homophobic. I neither fear nor despise homosexuals. And I understand your position, but it isn't my position or the Scriptures.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.