bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ecc 3:11  (Read 4422 times)

AK4

Ecc 3:11
« on: August 15, 2008, 09:29:56 AM »

Can someone give me a translation on this verse where they do not use eternity in it.  What does the CLV have?

Thanks,

Anthony

Kat

Re: Ecc 3:11
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 09:52:05 AM »

Hi Anthony,

Ecc 3:11

(KJVR)  He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

(CLV) He has made everything fitting in its season; However, He has put obscurity in their heart So that the man may not find out His work, That which the One, Elohim, does from the beginning to the terminus."

(Rotherham) Everything, hath he made beautiful in its own time,—also, intelligence, hath he put in their heart, without which men could not find out the work which God hath wrought, from the beginning even unto the end.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

AK4

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:01:56 PM »

Thanks Kat,

Before the Lord started opening my eyes and i was reading the bible i skimmed over Ecc., Lam., and Proverbs (i thought Proverbs was really just common sense stuff) Now while reading Ecc, man (oops, woman) i tell you, its like a whole new book of the bible i never read.  Like Ray was questioning why the phrase "standing on the sand of the sea" and came to conclusion that every word in scripture is there for a reason and important, i am seeing that in these books also.

Thanks again,

Anthony

David

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 02:57:08 AM »

Hi Anthony, I too used to skip over those books thinking they were just old sayings etc. I now see some of the most profound scriptures are to be found in these books. Prov 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver

How often do we miss the apples of Gold in Gods word and just see the overal silver picture.
David.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.