bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: To pastor Tony Smith at thewayofgodchurch.com  (Read 29947 times)

Bradigans

To pastor Tony Smith at thewayofgodchurch.com
« on: August 15, 2008, 12:51:27 PM »

Hebrews 13:4 – AM I LIVING IN SIN?

First, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Bradford J. Dobson. I’m one of the brother’s (after the flesh) of a Yatta Lumumba Dobson. I say after the flesh because for now, I’m learning how not to presume/assume anything. I mean no disrespect to him. I’m trying to make my calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10). I think Pastor Tony Smith is acquainted also with my mom, Vera Linda Todd.
Anyway, the reason I’m writing this letter is because of some household problems I’m having. My wife either will not or simply cannot be subject and submissive to me in all things.
-   Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m compromising God’s word by staying with her living out of God’s order. I’m uncertain whether the wife and I are serving the same God. I am certain of one thing though, I have got to stop compromising God’s WORD. It almost killed me recently. I DIDN’T THINK I WAS GOING TO MAKE IT THIS LAST TIME. The depression I’ve recently escaped was straight from hell. I’m asking for you all’s prayers. I shouldn’t be here today, but thanks to God’s mercy and grace. Alleluia!!! HE IS WORTHY!!!
Now Pastor Smith, I would like to ask you a question, and please answer prayerfully ask I share a few scriptures. God knows my heart so be patient with me.   
-   Hebrews 13:4 says - Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.
I need some prayer because I need to know whether or not I'm living in sin. I'm finding out that God will not compromise HIS body THE CHURCH for me, you, or anybody else. It’s dangerous to play Church. I need a lot of prayer for God's will in the decision I’m about to make. I'm contemplating leaving my wife and three kids because I would rather live without them than to live without God. Here’s another verse God is laying on my heart.

-  2 Corinthians 6:14 says - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?

I believe this is saying, God's Spirit will not relate, fellowship, thrive with an adulterous or idolatrous spirit. I believe that's fornication. Am I interpreting this right?

- 2 Corinthians 6:15 says - And what concord hath Christ with Belial? Or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

God and Satan are fathers of the two kinds of seed. One is THE FATHER of the good seed THE WHEAT and the other is the father of the tares (Matthew 13:37-39, John 8:44). The verse above I think is saying the two fathers of all spirit's have no agreement here on earth. It doesn't matter how nice and polished up the other party may be and appear. Do they have Christ in their heart or the ability to adhere to God's Word through THE HOLY SPIRIT is the litmus. If God is leading me out of this dysfunctional household by THE HOLY SPIRIT, I want His will. I don’t want my will but I want HIS will by and through the power of THE HOLY GHOST (Philippians 2:13). Can you feel me? 

- 2 Corinthians 6:17 says - Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

I do not want this to be an act of vengeance, rebuke, or punishment. If we’re not one in Christ, we have both got our own ways. Look at what Jesus had to say. I’m not mad at her. She is who she is. You can’t change the Canaanite heartish woman. That’s who she is. You shouldn’t have got involved with her. That’s where we go wrong thinking we can change someone. God won’t compromise.   

-   Luke 11:17 says - Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.
-   Matthew 12:25 says - Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:   

Anyway, at this point in my life, I simply want God's will. I’m tired of the roller coaster ride. I'm putting this out there because I’m trusting the guidance and leading of THE HOLY GHOST of Christ my saviour.

- Proverbs 3:5,6 - Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Read Ezra Chapter nine and chapter 10 and then muse the following texts.

- Philippians 3:7-11 - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, I'm open to the leading and guidance of THE HOLY GHOST. 

IN HIS LOVE,

Bradford

P.S.

- Matthew 19:29 - And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. 

AK4

Re: To pastor Tony Smith at thewayofgodchurch.com
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 03:09:06 PM »

Hi Bradford and welcome.

I feel your pain, but i feel you are looking for someone to tell you what you should do.  All we can really do is quote you scripture and then God will lead you to where he wants you to be.  Maybe this situation you are in with your wife is just one of the fiery trials God is putting you through.  Is the answer to get out of this fiery trial or to endure it and overcome it?  You quoted scriptures to defend why you should get out, but what about all those about overcoming and enduring. 

1Co 4:12 - Show Context
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;

2Co 1:8 - Show Context
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life.

2Ti 2:3 - Show Context
Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

2Ti 2:10 - Show Context
Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

2Ti 2:12 - Show Context
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

2Ti 4:5 - Show Context
But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Heb 12:7 - Show Context
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

1Pe 2:20 - Show Context
But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

Re 3:10 - Show Context
Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

1Jo 5:4 - Show Context
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

1Jo 5:5 - Show Context
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Re 2:7 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Re 2:11 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Re 2:17 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Re 2:26 - Show Context
To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--

Re 3:5 - Show Context
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Re 3:12 - Show Context
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Re 3:21 - Show Context
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Re 21:7 - Show Context
He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

I'm not saying you should do either, but we cannot and should not, IMO, advise you to stay or leave your wife and kids.  (of, course we dont know all the details either).

My suggestion is to keep praying for an answer and patience and let God's will lead you.

One last suggestion,  If you want your wife to believe as you believe, try dropping subtle things that might peak her interest i.e. print out one Rays paper and just leave it sitting out on the table where should will keep seeing it (i dont know, be creative) even little words or sayings.  If she is the way I am picturing her (and most christians) you probably cant come at her directly with what you believe.  Just a suggestion.

May God open her (yours and mines also) eyes to more truth,

Anthony

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

I do not understand the Subject Line: Why "To pastor Tony Smith at thewayofgodchurch.com"?

My wife either will not or simply cannot be subject and submissive to me in all things.
-   Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m compromising God’s word by staying with her living out of God’s order.

So just in case this was meant for this forum:

You cannot just get rid of your wife for that reason.

Stop cherry picking verses. There are verses about unbelieving wives and how you should deal with it. And dumping your wife is not an option.

If you need to ask your wife to do something, ask nicely with respect. If she doesn't obey, so what? That's her problem, not yours.

And never, never try and ram your religion down her throat. You'll be responsible for driving her away from the truth.

I cannot believe you would even consider getting rid of your wife for such a foolish reason.

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 04:07:53 PM by Dennis Vogel »

carol v

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 04:10:03 PM »

Leaving your wife and 3 kids will NOT result in your making your calling and election sure.

Great responses Dennis and Anthony.

Linny

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 04:33:13 PM »

Bradford, it is your flesh that wants to leave your family, not the Holy Spirit. When you say you wife won't submit to you, do you mean to your beliefs?
You cannot force her through submission to believe as you do. Pray that God will open her heart to the truth and until that time, only discuss the things you agree about when it comes to the Lord. There are plenty of those things I am sure. Your home needs peace. Your children need peace. And if you are that depressed, you also need peace.
Conflict and fear won't bring your wife to where you want her. Love her where she is and seek peace my friend. Let God take care of the rest.

Blessings,
Linny

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »

I’m trying to make my calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10).

You can't try and make your election sure, only God will make your election sure.

Read the preceding verses of 2 Peter 1

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Are you virtuous? Can you be more knowledgeable?

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

Are you temperant in your dealings with family and others? Are you patient? Are you Godly in your actions?

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Are you kind to your family and charitable to others?

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If these things be in you and, and abound then perhaps family life would be much better.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

We all need to strive for vision and ask for God to make us full of the virtues above.

If you think it is o.k to leave your family for the reasons you state, then I think you have another think coming.

You also need to wake up and let your Father lead your life and quit trying to lead it yourself.  You can't work your way to the elect status and you can't will it either.  Ask God and follow Him.  Leading a righteous life does not happen on what the outward man does, righteousness is what the inward man thinks and our carnal thoughts can only be cleansed and changed by Christ and him in us.  Once that happens the outward man will take care of itself.
Craig

Sozo

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 07:04:39 PM »

Bradford,

Your post is very confusing.  Is this a post that you are asking the forum members here to reply to?  Who is Tony Smith with the Way of God Church?  Are you showing a letter that was sent to this person.  ??? :-\ ???

If however, you are writing this to the forum members here and wanting a response, here is mine:  Do not use the scriptures to try and justify your selfishness!  Leave your wife and kids?  Are you kidding?  And you attempt to justify this behavior with the scriptures?  How dare you!

OBrenda

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:57:30 PM »

I googled tony smith & the way of god church
 ???  I think it will explain the error in his thinking!
Hope it is all right to post this....These are not our beliefs at BT!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8363188245178130446

You certianly have my prayers Bradford.

A Husband is the leader/head of the family, not a dictator.
You are called to love your Wife as Christ Loved the Church,....
Jesus laid down his life for the Church, he didn't divorce her so he could be more Holy!

May God show you his truth, not the truth of an angry man!
Be Blessed...Brenda
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 08:39:36 PM by OBrenda »

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »

Are Bradigans and Bradford the same person?

Did Bradigans copy this from Bradford's email or is this Bradigans' email to Tony Smith?

I'm confused... ???

Samson

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 01:24:06 PM »

Did Bradigans copy this from Bradford's email or is this Bradigans' email to Tony Smith?

I'm confused... ???

Marques, Unless I'm mistaken, Bradford is Bradigans personal First name and Dobson is his last name, insofar as this Tony Smith Guy and his Church and Why directed to him, I'm alittle confused too.

Dennis, Craig and others hit the nail on the head, you can't discard your Wife and children because she's a Nag, driving you nuts or doesn't agree with your interpretation of the Bible. 1Cor. 7:12-16 discusses the relationship between the unbelieving Wife to her Husband; it seems to be directed to both, with a possible view to separation, but not Divorce. Resolving oneself to seeking peace in the Household and not making issue with ones Spouse where their is disagreement is the course of wisdom and for the preservation of one's sanity. As an Example: When reading and eventually joining the Bible-Truths, I didn't push or attempt to coerce my Wife(The Freckle Girl) in accepting these beliefs, instead emphasized that Everyone's entitled to their personal religious beliefs and to Love her just as much, regardless as to her personal opinion as to what's contained at this Site. As time went by, unknowing to me, she would read Ray's Articles and read the different threads, when I was at work, I never actually knew she was checking out this Site, then one day, out of nowhere, she tells me she's thinking of joining the Forum; What a Joy and Surprise it was, the day she decided to become a member, no pushing, no shoving or browbeating on my part, IT WAS ALL OF GOD, not me. Pray to God to be a Loving and understanding Husband, then leave it in God's hands.

Now, I have to admit that if my Wife decided to join a Satanic Cult and to directly worship Satan or something to that affect, I would high tail it, outta here,  :o :o :o; Otherwise, hopefully I would make the best of the situation.

Here is some food for thought: supposing a situation arises where a close Forum member, even a spouse were to abandon the Truth as taught at this Site, this happened to Ray regarding someone who worked closely with him in preparing Spiritual material and giving talks at some of the early conferences, this scenario could prove to be more difficult to cope with in comparison to dealing with a contentious person who never embraced this TRUTH, in the first place.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Falconn003

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »

What a joke.

Rodger

Bradigans

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »

Hi Bradford and welcome.

I feel your pain, but i feel you are looking for someone to tell you what you should do.  All we can really do is quote you scripture and then God will lead you to where he wants you to be.  Maybe this situation you are in with your wife is just one of the fiery trials God is putting you through.  Is the answer to get out of this fiery trial or to endure it and overcome it?  You quoted scriptures to defend why you should get out, but what about all those about overcoming and enduring. 

1Co 4:12 - Show Context
We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it;

2Co 1:8 - Show Context
We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life.

2Ti 2:3 - Show Context
Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

2Ti 2:10 - Show Context
Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory.

2Ti 2:12 - Show Context
if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;

2Ti 4:5 - Show Context
But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Heb 12:7 - Show Context
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?

1Pe 2:20 - Show Context
But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God.

Re 3:10 - Show Context
Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

1Jo 5:4 - Show Context
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

1Jo 5:5 - Show Context
Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

Re 2:7 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Re 2:11 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Re 2:17 - Show Context
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Re 2:26 - Show Context
To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations--

Re 3:5 - Show Context
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.

Re 3:12 - Show Context
Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Re 3:21 - Show Context
To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Re 21:7 - Show Context
He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son.

I'm not saying you should do either, but we cannot and should not, IMO, advise you to stay or leave your wife and kids.  (of, course we dont know all the details either).

My suggestion is to keep praying for an answer and patience and let God's will lead you.

One last suggestion,  If you want your wife to believe as you believe, try dropping subtle things that might peak her interest i.e. print out one Rays paper and just leave it sitting out on the table where should will keep seeing it (i dont know, be creative) even little words or sayings.  If she is the way I am picturing her (and most christians) you probably cant come at her directly with what you believe.  Just a suggestion.

May God open her (yours and mines also) eyes to more truth,

Anthony

Amen, and thanks for responding...

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »

I do not understand the Subject Line: Why "To pastor Tony Smith at thewayofgodchurch.com"?

My wife either will not or simply cannot be subject and submissive to me in all things.
-   Colossians 3:18 - Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m compromising God’s word by staying with her living out of God’s order.

So just in case this was meant for this forum:

You cannot just get rid of your wife for that reason.

Stop cherry picking verses. There are verses about unbelieving wives and how you should deal with it. And dumping your wife is not an option.

If you need to ask your wife to do something, ask nicely with respect. If she doesn't obey, so what? That's her problem, not yours.

And never, never try and ram your religion down her throat. You'll be responsible for driving her away from the truth.

I cannot believe you would even consider getting rid of your wife for such a foolish reason.

Dennis

Thanks for responding, and God bless. I'll stay prayerful.

Oh, and the reason i posted Tony Smith and thewayofgodchurch.com is because the pastor at this site says i should leave her. I posted here simply to get the prayers of fellow believers. They have a message bulletin at that site i posted it. This guy preaches very strong. So i just need prayer...

Talk to you soon... 

Bradigans

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »

Leaving your wife and 3 kids will NOT result in your making your calling and election sure.

Great responses Dennis and Anthony.

Did you see what they (the nation Israel) did in Ezra chapter nine and ten when God told them to put away those strange wives and children? Remember Abraham sent out Ishmael and was about to sacrifice Isaac.

- Matthew 10:37-38 - He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

There are some things we may all have to sacrifice if we're going to gain Christ and/or more of HIM.

- Philippians 3:7-8 - But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

- Luke 14:26 - If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

- Luke 14:33 - So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Brothers and sisters, i believe we have to at least have a willing heart to lose everything if it means we're going to gain Christ and/or more of HIM. 

- Matthew 10:34-35 - Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Sometimes what we of the household of faith are going to be led to do by THE FATHER through THE SPIRIT of Christ Jesus isn't going to always be the most popular and/or political correct thing. Are you seeking men's approval or God's approval?

- John 12:43 - For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

No man can serve two master's.

- Matthew 6:24 - No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Don't make no man or women your idol. God's jealous and shares HIS glory with no one.

- Isaiah 45:22 - Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Keep me in your prayers... 

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:09 AM »

Bradford, it is your flesh that wants to leave your family, not the Holy Spirit. When you say you wife won't submit to you, do you mean to your beliefs?
You cannot force her through submission to believe as you do. Pray that God will open her heart to the truth and until that time, only discuss the things you agree about when it comes to the Lord. There are plenty of those things I am sure. Your home needs peace. Your children need peace. And if you are that depressed, you also need peace.
Conflict and fear won't bring your wife to where you want her. Love her where she is and seek peace my friend. Let God take care of the rest.

Blessings,
Linny

Thank you for your exhortation, and God bless.

IN HIS ETERNAL LOVE AND GRACE

Bradigans

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 09:18:20 AM »

I’m trying to make my calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10).

You can't try and make your election sure, only God will make your election sure.

Read the preceding verses of 2 Peter 1

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

Are you virtuous? Can you be more knowledgeable?

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

Are you temperant in your dealings with family and others? Are you patient? Are you Godly in your actions?

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Are you kind to your family and charitable to others?

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If these things be in you and, and abound then perhaps family life would be much better.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

We all need to strive for vision and ask for God to make us full of the virtues above.

If you think it is o.k to leave your family for the reasons you state, then I think you have another think coming.

You also need to wake up and let your Father lead your life and quit trying to lead it yourself.  You can't work your way to the elect status and you can't will it either.  Ask God and follow Him.  Leading a righteous life does not happen on what the outward man does, righteousness is what the inward man thinks and our carnal thoughts can only be cleansed and changed by Christ and him in us.  Once that happens the outward man will take care of itself.
Craig

Amen, and thanks. Keep me in your prayers.

- Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »

Bradford,

Your post is very confusing.  Is this a post that you are asking the forum members here to reply to?  Who is Tony Smith with the Way of God Church?  Are you showing a letter that was sent to this person.  ??? :-\ ???

If however, you are writing this to the forum members here and wanting a response, here is mine:  Do not use the scriptures to try and justify your selfishness!  Leave your wife and kids?  Are you kidding?  And you attempt to justify this behavior with the scriptures?  How dare you!

Just sharing post here that i posted at another forum on a message bulletin. I believe pastor at site thewayofgodchurch.com thinks i should leave her. Haven't seen his response yet to the post, but this is how he preaches on you tube. Really i shared here to get prayer. Thanks for responding, and may God bless you.

IN HIS LOVE

Bradigans

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:32:47 AM »

I googled tony smith & the way of god church
 ???  I think it will explain the error in his thinking!
Hope it is all right to post this....These are not our beliefs at BT!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8363188245178130446

You certianly have my prayers Bradford.

A Husband is the leader/head of the family, not a dictator.
You are called to love your Wife as Christ Loved the Church,....
Jesus laid down his life for the Church, he didn't divorce her so he could be more Holy!

May God show you his truth, not the truth of an angry man!
Be Blessed...Brenda

AMEN!!! ALLELUIA!!! You hit it dead on. That was the answer that i believed THE HOLY SPIRIT had laid on my heart. That Jesus died for HIS Church bride. I was seeking if there was any agreeing spirits here.

- Matthew 18:19-20 - Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Definitely keep me in your prayers, because i definitely thought the same thing that this guy is an a.b.m. (angry black male). My brother and mother religiously listen to his truths. The had been trying to get me to listen for the longest. I finally did, but didn't know how to tell them that i don't agree with most of this guys doctrine because i had been ostracized for the longest from them. They started having contact with me as long as they thought i was going along.

So, i guess we'll see. Thank you dear sister for the confirmation of THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Sincerely in His everlasting love,

Bradford

Bradigans

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 09:34:10 AM »

I'm confused... ???

Yes, we're the same and not a trinity  ;).

God bless

Bradigans

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 09:37:13 AM »

I'm confused... ???

Yes, we're the same and not a trinity  ;).

God bless

I meant not a triune being and/or trinity  ;).

God bless
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.