bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The voice of God  (Read 5585 times)

Falgn0n

The voice of God
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:44:21 AM »

elo elo all you beautiful ppl  8)

Here's a question:

Can we hear the voice of God speaking in our hearts? Now, I already know the scripture that says:
"...for no one has heard the voice of God at any time..."
BUT
What about Samuel? He heard it so distinctly that he thought it was Eli?
What about Isaiah? It says in several places: "The Word of LORD came to me, saying..."
And this happened not only to him, but to Daniel and many other prophets as well...

so I'm asking about the voice of God as being a quiet "inner voice" or "whisper" - not just the conviction of my own conscience regarding something that I already know to be wrong/right - but God Himself whispering in my heart.... is it possible? Does it happen?

Falgn0n

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The voice of God
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »

Problem is, too many people 'think' they hear the voice of God as an inner voice or whatever, but it's really their own vanity reflected in the mirror of their mind.

Want to hear the voice of God? Listen to your conscience.

Dennis

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »

I think I've read about this somewhere in Ray's teachings, or on this forum??

It's not God the Fathers voice, but his words spoken through an angel possibly.
There was a voice from heaven saying this is my Son, in whom I am well pleased.

My Brother in Law, was brought up atheist, While on a business trip he heard audibly God speaking to him, needless to say, he quickly converted ;D

Like Dennis....I've also witnessed people following voices, that were coming from the darkside...obi one.... :-\

I have several voices that appear like thoughts in my head:
Some obviously Evil, they come out of nowhere and seem unrelated to me entirely.  Weird!

Some from the Beast/Ego which are thoughts and needs that focus on "Me" or "I"
Others...are like information dropped in with a "knowing" about them....."Like when I knew my Daughter was pregnant before she did"

When I'm sure it is God, it's those thoughts that lead me to Love and understanding of others. And when He corrects me for my Sins, it's that dragging feeling, and the voice is reminding me and pointing me to scriptures...

As we grow in the knowledge of Scripture in our spiritual walk, I believe it becomes easier to descern the voices & test the spirits.  The leading of God should not contadict the scriptures!

To Peace of Mind,
Brenda
 8)

Falgn0n

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:45:34 AM »

"that were coming from the darkside...obi one.... Undecided"

That's: "Obi-Wan"

LOL

;)

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »

;D

musicman

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:01:44 PM »

The Old Testament has several examples of God speaking to man directly.  This however, couldn't have been God the Father.  It had to have been Christ, the Son.

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »

Hi Falgn0n,

God the Father does not speak, as the person of Jehovah/Christ is His spokesman/voice in the OT.  When Christ was on earth it would have been the voice of an angel as Brenda said.  So as with somebody like Samuel or any of the Prophets, I would assume it would have been Jehovah.

But there is a vast spiritual world and their mode of communication is direct to our mind.  I think it will be shocking when we finally learn the extent of the spiritual realm.  

But we also have our own inner voice/spirit - our conscience.

Rom 8:16  The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

I use my inner voice to talk to myself all the time, as I like to think about something before I actually say it.  Maybe that is what the spirit world tries to speak to or influence - our conscience, to make us think a certain way.  

1John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
v. 2  By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
v. 3  and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
v. 4  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
v. 5  They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
v. 6  We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

mercy, peace qand love
Kat

carol v

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 01:04:29 PM »

Yes, musicman I agree. God did all things "through Christ" so Moses was actually speaking to Christ in the burning bush.

And I also agree with Dennis -- we don't physically "hear" God's nor Christ's voice now. We have the gift of the Spirit which the OT prophets did not have. We hear Christ through the Spirit and that is most often in our conscience and sometimes in dreams. Anyone saying otherwise is suspect.

The scripture Brenda points out is interesting because it couldn't have been Christ Himself at that time so only an angel would make sense. Maybe Gabriel -- but that is pure conjecture.

ez2u

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 01:54:11 AM »

Jesus Christ is the same today as He was Yesterday and tommorrow.  I am the Lord God I change not.  Whether it is NT  or OT whats the difference?  We are in a dispensation of Grace now.  Was the Holy Spirit in the OT times?  peggy

Falgn0n

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »

So, Kat, are you saying that we CAN or CANNOT hear the voice of Christ speaking to our hearts -

(Just to reiterate: I understand the concept of "Conscience", this is not what I'm talking about)

Falgn0n

Kat

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 11:10:43 AM »

Hi FalgnOn,

If the Spirit of Christ is in us, how could we not 'hear' it speaking to our hearts  :)   
I do think we can ignore it, we can quench the Spirit (1Th 5:19) and lose it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Falgn0n

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »

Thank you, Kat.

So, do you believe that His "voice" is articulate? (ie: English) or do you mean it's just a "feeling" / "unction"?

Falgn0n[/font][/color]

Kat

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 10:57:14 AM »

Hi FalgnOn,

Well I think we have different ways of 'hearing' God.  I can see how God speaks to me through the Scriptures I read, but I have only felt this since my eyes have been opened.
But mostly my experience is with the small little voice in my head, it actually seems like I'm just thinking to myself.  But I know it is God's Spirit when 'I think' of something that is a blessing to me.  I also can tell if it is another spirit if the thought is negative, that is way I feel the spirits work, to influence our thinking.  I believe evil spirits want us to think it's our own thoughts, as they are very subtle, as I think people would be alarmed if an evil sounding voice came into there head.  But on the other hand I think we take credit for the Holy Spirit's guidance thinking it is our own ideas. 
But this is just my own understanding on this, others may have some different opinions and experiences.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Falgn0n

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 11:04:39 AM »

Thank you so much, Kat - I appreciate your patience with me as I begin to redevelop my understanding of the Word...

Falgn0n  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.