bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time line of Apostles lives  (Read 11379 times)

Kat

Time line of Apostles lives
« on: August 18, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »

Time line of the events of Apostles lives

BC 4...  The Birth of Jesus of Nazareth.

AD 30... Death and Resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth who is called the Christ.

33-45... Persecution grows in Jerusalem; during persecution, Saul was converted (AD 35)

35...      Stephen before a Sanhedrin, his speech and stoning (Acts 6:8, 8:2)

46...      First missionary journey; Antioch sent Paul and Barnabas (AD 46)

45-48...  Epistle of James, Jerusalem Church leader (Ac15:13ff; 21:18; Ga1:19). Led the Jerusalem Council in 49-50 AD; (Half) brother (Ga1:19) of the Lord who at the beginning was an unbeliever (Mk3:21; Jn7:5) whom the Lord personally appeared after his resurrection (1Co15:7); Died a martyr's death (beheaded) AD 44

48-50...   Letter to the Galatians by formerly, Saul of Tarsus (Ac9:11), was a church persecutor & destroyer (Ac8:3) and was the pharisee of pharisees (Ac26:5).

49-51...   Second missionary journey with Silas and with Timothy

50...        Council of Jerusalem which allowed gentile converts

50 or 51...1st letter to the Thessalonians of Paul who became a church planter (1Co3:6), a tentmaker-missionary (Ac18:3), and a fearless apostle-preacher (Ac9:27) of the Lord.

51...       2nd letter to the Thessalonians by apostle Paul

54...       Philip was crucified 

56...       1st letter to the Corinthians by Paul

57...       2nd letter to the Corinthians by Paul

57/58...   Epistle to the Romans by Paul while imprisoned in Ceasarea.

60...       Gospel According to John Mark, a helpful minister (2Ti4:11), disciple of Peter (1Pe5:13). Cousin of Barnabas (Co4:10), formerly missionary deserter (AC15:38). Died a martyr's death in  AD 64

60-69...   Letter to the Hebrews -- Author unknown. Possible candidates for authorship: Apollos (Ac18:24), Barnabas (Ac13:2) and Paul.

60-80...   Gospel According to Matthew, Apostle (Mt9:9). Formerly Levi son of Alphaeus, a despised Tax Collector (Lk5:29-30). Died a martyr's death in Ethiopia by a halberd

60 or 61...Letter to the Ephesians by Apostle Paul 

60 or 61...Letter to the Philippians by Paul

60 or 61...Letter to the Colossians by Paul

61...        Letter to Philemon by Paul

64...        1st letter to Timothy by Paul

64...        1st letter of Apostle Peter, fisher of men and brother of Andrew. Thrice denied Jesus (MT26:69ff), was a fisherman by profession. Crucified upside down by Nero's order in AD 64-68

64...        2nd letter of Apostle Peter

64-66...   2nd letter to Timothy by Paul

64-66...   Letter to Titus, the last letter of Paul who was beheaded at Rome

67...        Peter was martyred. 

64-70...   Letter of the Apostle Jude Thaddaeus (Mk3:18) who died a martyr's death

65...       Gospel According to Luke the physician 

65...       The Acts of the apostles by Luke a physician by profession (Col. 4:14) was a close companion of Paul in many of the latter's travels (Acts 16:10-13; 20:5, 6; Acts 21:1-18; Acts 27, 28; 2Tim 4:11; Phile 1:24)

70...       Destruction of 2nd Temple. Jerusalem was completely destroyed by Titus in the 2nd year of Emperor Vespasian's reign. The Jews were scattered through out the world. Romans destruction of Jerusalem--the fulfillment of Christ's Prophecy (Mat 24:2)

74...       Simon the Zealot was crucified

90-95...  1st Epistle of John the beloved apostle

90-95...  2nd Epistle of John 

90-95...  3rd Epistle of John

95...       The Gospel According to John, the beloved apostle

95...       Revelations also known as the Apocalypse by John

95-100... Apostle John died

http://www.thebereans.net/arm-tline.shtml

I thought this would be a helpful chart to study.

mercy, peace and love
Kat
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:39:17 PM by Kat »

carol v

Re: Time line of Apostles lives
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:53:21 PM »

This is terrific Kat. Thanks. I've been reading the Bible chronologically based on the Footsteps of the Bible plan and it is very interesting. It doesn't add to spiritual understanding but it does help the logic side of my brain which wants to put the ducks in a row.

I will print this out and put in the back of my Bible for reference.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »

I thought this would be a helpful chart to study.

No doubt about it!

Thanks Kat.

Joe

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »

Thank you Kat...it also makes the book of John even more interesting seeing that it was written so long after Christ was resurrected. I'm sure John received even more revelation throughout that extended time period and had a much better understanding as his book is so in depth, in regards to Christ's relationship with the apostles, compared to Matthew, Mark, & Luke.

Thanks again,

Marques

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »

Thanks Kat,

;D ;D Hehe LOL
I just posted a question about this in another thread, and here You are already a Blessing!
Please Know what a blessing you and the other Mods are to all of us!
Brenda

gmik

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »

Thanks Kat!!

iris

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »

Thanks Kat for the chart.

Iris

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 06:36:05 PM »

thank you kat for your diligent study, helping us all to get a better understanding of the apostle's lives and deaths. they all suffered such "fiery trials" while on this earth. it really hits home to me at least, how ray's suffering in his health is reflective of how God's servants/apostles suffered in their bodies also. and their deaths by beheading, crucifixtion right side up and upside down, stoning to death! thanks again for all you do. i will study this to also help me get a better understanding of the timeline. i look forward to meeting you in nashville.

sincerely,
claudia

Kat

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 06:46:03 PM »

Hi Claudia,

I like to do searches  ;)  It was a question that Brenda had on another thread that got me to looking for this.  Occasionally I find something that I think the forum would like to see, so I post it.
I hope to be in Nashville and I look forward to meeting you too.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 06:48:54 PM by Kat »

ez2u

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 01:43:15 AM »

Hi Kat i was reading your post and found it very interesting   Just recently I was reading a book, about the complete oldest Bible found at Mount Sinai monastery. It is very good reading.  the author states that the book of Mark very well maybe the first book written of the four gospels. the book was called " the Secrets of Mount Sinai"   peggy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 01:46:19 AM by ez2u »

winner08

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »

Hey Peggy: I was just reading about the Codex of the Sinaiticus. The manuscripts were found at the monastery at the foot of Mt. Sinai(St. Catherine).  I read where it is the oldest known text of the complete New Testament and part of the Old Testament. I believe it was written in the 3rd or 4th century. It is very interesting to say the least. I have to say I had some people tell me I shouldn't wast my time with this kind of stuff. But How I so enjoy reading about history. I always say knowledge is power. The more you know about a subject the better you choices will be. Or not, depending on the person. ;)

Darren

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 08:54:26 AM »

Actually, Darren, if you're referring to me it wasn't about the History of texts that I was referring to...it was about going off into all the apocrypha stuff.  I'm not telling you to do anything.  I've given my thoughts already.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:55:28 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

winner08

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 11:34:46 PM »

I hear you Dave in Tenn. I enjoy the history of all things.

Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.