bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Premature baby 'comes back to life'  (Read 7029 times)

hillsbororiver

Premature baby 'comes back to life'
« on: August 18, 2008, 12:49:25 PM »

A premature baby who was pronounced dead "came back to life" Sunday after five hours in Nahariya Hospital.

The baby girl, who was in a cooler at the hospital, suddenly showed signs of life and was being treated in the premature baby unit.

Doctors estimated that the cooler brought the fetus "back to life."

The mother, 26, from a Western Galilee village, was in the fifth month of her pregnancy when she underwent a series of tests, during which it was discovered that she was suffering from internal bleeding and that the embryo had ceased to show signs of life.

The woman underwent an abortion and the baby, weighing 610 grams, was extracted from her womb without a pulse, hospital officials said.

A senior doctor pronounced the baby dead and she was transferred to the cooler.

Five hours later, the woman's husband came to the hospital to take what he thought was his dead baby girl for burial.

When the baby was taken out of the cooler, she began to breathe. The premature baby was then taken to the intensive care ward, where doctors were attempting to save her life.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710394816&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

joyful1

Re: Premature baby 'comes back to life'
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 02:14:11 PM »

Absolutely amazing, Joe....
you just never know what will happen on the 'morrow, do you?
Joyce :)

OBrenda

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:32:59 PM »

OMG... :'( ;D

musicman

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 03:44:26 PM »

This is amazing.  Coolers do not bring the dead back to life.  Didn't they say that the baby was "dead".  I would be interested to see if this baby remains alive.  If so, and has normal brain function, I would have to call this a miracle. 

KristaD

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »

Hmmm the facts in the article are very different from the post ???

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 11:58:06 PM »

Hmmm the facts in the article are very different from the post ???

Hi Krista,

It appears the article was edited after I posted it this morning, I only cut and pasted what was there in its entirety, there has been more information added since then, here is the latest;

A couple from Kafr Yasif in the Galilee received the shock of their lives Monday when the wife's miscarried 610-gram fetus, which had been declared dead five hours earlier, was found to be breathing.

The five-month-old baby that 'miraculously' began breathing after doctors assumed she was dead.

The baby girl, born during the 23rd week of gestation, still has an uncertain future. Hospital spokesman Ziv Farber said that any premature infant of that weight and age had only a 10 percent chance for survival. But five years ago, he added, "we had a baby weighing only 580 grams, and she survived."

The 26-year-old mother and her husband have a five-year-old son at home. When she gave birth after going into premature labor at the hospital, the doctor on the scene pronounced it dead and it was taken to the morgue.

The father, Ali Majdub, told Channel 2 that his wife realized the child was alive after asking to see her dead daughter one last time.

"When we unwrapped the baby to see her, she realized it was moving. I began screaming and ran with it toward the doctors," he said.

She was then rushed to the neonatal intensive care unit,
where doctors are fighting for her life.

The mother who miscarried on Monday after five months of pregnancy. The baby started breathing in a cooler hours after doctors announced her dead.

"I was in shock," the mother told Channel 2 last night. "I thought I wasn't hearing it right when they said she was still alive."

Dr. Moshe Daniel, the hospital's deputy director, said that in his 35 years as a physician, he had "never heard of such a case. It was like a medical miracle."

The hospital informed the Health Ministry, which will now decide whether to set up an internal or external investigating committee. Daniel speculated that the cooling effect of the morgue slowed the infant's metabolism, causing her oxygen consumption to be very low. There have been rare cases of people who nearly froze under snow "coming back to life," but there have been no reports of babies doing so.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710394816&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Thanks for pointing it out!

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 09:32:15 AM »

Hi Folks,

The latest update brought me back to the vicious reality that is this present world;

A premature baby who "came back to life" Monday five hours after she was declared dead and taken to the morgue, died early Tuesday morning.

When the baby girl's mother gave birth after going into premature labor at the hospital, the doctor on the scene pronounced the 610-gram fetus dead and it was taken to the morgue.

The father, Ali Majdub, told Channel 2 that his wife realized the child was alive after asking to see her dead daughter one last time.

"When we unwrapped the baby to see her, she realized it was moving. I began screaming and ran with it toward the doctors," he said.

She was then rushed to the neonatal intensive care unit, where doctors fought for her life.

Hospital spokesman Ziv Farber said Monday that any premature infant of that weight and age had only a 10 percent chance for survival. But five years ago, he added, "we had a baby weighing only 580 grams, and she survived."

Dr. Moshe Daniel, the hospital's deputy director, said that in his 35 years as a physician, he had "never heard of such a case. It was like a medical miracle."

The hospital informed the Health Ministry, which will now decide whether to set up an internal or external investigating committee. Daniel speculated that the cooling effect of the morgue slowed the infant's metabolism, causing her oxygen consumption to be very low. There have been rare cases of people who nearly froze under snow "coming back to life," but there have been no reports of babies doing so.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1218710399820&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Peace,

Joe

KristaD

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »

That's really weird about the article, those were some major changes :o.
That is sad that she "came back" only to die again but I know that God's will is perfect. Babies that early usually have many problems if they do survive, another 6 weeks inside and her chances for a healthy life would've been much greater but alas that was not the Lord's will. I pray that her purpose was served though in the short time that she was here. Poor baby.

WhoAmI

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 05:16:36 PM »

Should make you ponder what "life" really is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 16 queries.