bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lonely in this place  (Read 6217 times)

lq1over

Lonely in this place
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:05:17 PM »

I have been reading BT material for years and God has certainly blessed me with more freedom. I so try to hold on to the basic truths set forth by Ray and not let the comfort of the Christendom world draw me back to doctrines of men. I do not beleive I could ever go back to that state because the teachings on BT has become the baseline, it would be hard to sit in a service as a dumb sheep and accept words that create more questions than answers.
However the longing to share/fellowship with other locally like-minded beleivers does not exist (excluding my wife, for which I praise the Lord for that gift).

I have shared some of this with my children and their spouses. Without going into much detail my oldest daughter and husband feel we are in a cult?? when sharing with them all conversations are met with opposition and an effort to set us straight?

This has caused me much grief and I pray for their eyes and ears to be open and the grace for me to trust God for whatever His will.

I would like to ask for wisdom from the forum and any words of encouragement. Please pray that His peace will abide with me and my wife through this difficult time.

lq

OBrenda

Re: Lonely in this place
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30:06 PM »

Hi lq,

I also have experienced the wide eyed, what are you crazy, look from some loved ones and close friends whom I've shared this with to no avail.  My Husband is not really decided on if he believes, let alone what he believes.  I'm feeling alone, save the communication here from people who are starting to feel like family to me.

We don't always entirely agree, which I've never experienced with people I've met in the flesh, so it makes it real to me!  If you've been studying Ray's work for years you have a big jump on me, and would have wisdom to share.  So I can't offer any advice beyond the blessing of the people here. 

Where are you from?  Maybe there are some here that are close to you?

Your Sister in Christ,
Brenda

lq1over

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:40:46 PM »

Goldsboro NC. Thanks for the comments, It's just that when you get hold of these truths you want to shout from the roof tops. to share with others and see God open their eyes and ears and see the chains being lifted and they begin to be set free indeed by the Son.
lq

OBrenda

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:10:12 PM »

It's amazing....
This is GOOD NEWS we are sharing!!!

[Even if Ray couldn't back everything up scripturally...]

Why don't they even show a desire for it to be true?... ???

gmik

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 11:15:58 PM »

Hi LQ.

Many of us have gone thru/and or going thru the same w/ friends and family.

You probably have read Ray's excellent article on witnessing. It freed me from a lot of guilt and things.

My family and I have agreed to not discuss this so that we can all get along :D So I am waiting for them to ask, but like Brenda says.......

Today, talking to my friend and she is blabbing about free will, yada yada, and I said Where is that scripture?  Well, she knew it was in there somewhere.  So I mentioned Rom 7-9 as a good study for her. (the potter etc) She said she would so we will see if she brings it up again.

Basically, besides not going to church and not tithing, there is nothing that anyone can see in me that is different in the flesh.  I still behave as a "Christian"-trying to walk in love, be a good neighbor, help when I can etc etc.  They don't need to know about the battle going on inside to keep the beast from claiming the throne!

God's will is being done in all our lives. :)

NJKen

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 12:22:58 AM »

Lq,
     I have been separated from my wife and daughter for the past 5 months.  I can relate to your feeling of being alone.  When we are called to the the truth and taken out of Babylon, God puts us thru fiery trials to burn up the wood, hay and stubble that is the beast inside us.  It is not our faith that God is interested in, but, the trial of our faith.  (1 Peter 4:12-19)  He is our only foundation. (1 Corinthians 3).

Ken

Kat

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 01:59:56 AM »

Hi Ken,

The only times I have spoken about any of these truths to any family or friends I just get blank stares.  Though my family is religious I am not facing the opposition that you are, and my oldest daughter doesn't mind discussing it to some degree.

The way I look at this is the Elect are the very few and it seems like we are meant to be scattered like salt, "You are the salt of the earth."  There must be some necessity in this, as this is the situation of most of us. 

If we are of the Elect we are going through an extreme training process.  I believe we are to... "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." ( 2Tim 2:15)  This does not seem to include witnessing and spreading the gospel, that will come in the next age.  God is able to get the truth to His Elect, so if you feel a strong urge to share this truth with someone then of course you should.  But for now I'm just appling myself to learn all that I can.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

tebza4jesus

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 06:44:18 AM »

This has caused me much grief and I pray for their eyes and ears to be open and the grace for me to trust God for whatever His will.

Hello Iq

I am new to this and this is my first comment send to this forum! I have just been exposed to Mr. Smith's teaching, and I am reading them again and again simply because in him, I have find someone who seem to be "preaching" the very same gospel that I have been preaching for years.

This "preaching" has caused me grief with my friends and family calling me crazy, demon-possessed, member of a cult, etc. These are painful statements to hear from someone concerning anybody, especially when you are convinced that this which you are preaching is, the TRUTH! At some stage I actually stopped saying anything to anyone concerning any of these things because I was just tired of being ridiculed and mocked and laught at! (I am crying even as I write this, for the pain is still as real to me now as it was then)!

But I have learnt, by the grace of God, that all this,
1. I should expect and
2. I should consider it pure joy!

Blessed are you when you are persecuted, mocked and ridiculed for the sake of our Lord and his message! He did not bring peace but a sword into this world, where the enemies of a man will be the members of his own family. Rejoice and be glad for as they treated Him, so are they treating you. As they treated the prophets before you, so are they treating you!

This is what I have learnt and I thank God I live by that NOW. Be not fooled into thinking I mean it's now easy. NO, it's not. The cross is not to be ENJOYED but to be ENDURED!

Hebrews 12: 1 -3 (NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

gmik

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »

Welcome Tebza4Jesus.  And beautifully spoken!

Ken, I am so sorry for your trial right now. I pray that your foundation in Jesus will get you thru this time.

WhoAmI

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »

A lot of the trying to fit in and have company who thinks like you is a by product of the religious style. I enjoy sharing what I know if a situtation comes up where  it is possible but I don't need anyone to think like me. Even people who say they think or believe the same thing usually if pinned down have some very great differences somewhere. I'm not to sure why people think they need to have others on their side. I am quite content in others not agreeing with me and saying something nasty. Most the time people are just ignorant or don't want to do the work or have to deal with change that is going to take place if they find out they are incorrect. For me it is most important that I try to live the things I know to be true. If loved ones don't agree, not my problem.

lq1over

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 06:23:52 PM »

Thanks to all for your responses, I have just experienced 1 THESS 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
I feel comforted to have been edified with your encouragement and suggestions for further study.

lq
your brother in Christ
member of the body of Christ and Church of the Living God

lq1over

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 06:29:15 PM »

Hi LQ.

Many of us have gone thru/and or going thru the same w/ friends and family.

You probably have read Ray's excellent article on witnessing. It freed me from a lot of guilt and things.

GMIK

Did you mean the  Winning Souls for Jesus? Two Billion Strong and Counting…?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 06:39:56 PM »

I'm praying that I am in transition to having tebza4jesus's testimony, because I think that's the example of the Apostle's and of Jesus Himself.  For now, I am learning and absorbing, not really preaching though I have shared a tiny bit. 

I'm not sure that even if there was a 'church' that preached the Truth that it would be free of the problems of half-believers, hobbyists, and hypocrites.  Fellowship with Christ is first and foremost.  As that grows, this feeling of 'need' may well diminish.

Not there yet.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

NJKen

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 10:37:36 PM »

Thank you gmik and kat!!!!!  Encouraging words that go along way. 

Ken

Brian

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 03:09:11 AM »

Greetings lq,

Having “been there and done that” might I suggest that your focus is on the wrong person? No disrespect intended.

Love B

NJKen

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 12:50:13 AM »

Brian, you pinned the tail on the donkey!!!!!!  It is, was and will be, always about the beast inside us that God is transforming.  The flesh never looks in the mirror because it knows what it will see. When one finger is being pointed at someone else, there are four fingers being pointed back at us.( well, really three).

Ken

Linny

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:57:54 PM »

Iq,
Pray for your family to come to the truth and wait patiently for God's perfect timing.

I have only talked about my beliefs to very few people and so far they have been people who either were outside the church already or were like-minded with me in other areas and open minded enough to be able to hear the truth.
All 4 times, it was God's leading and all 4 have been pleasant experiences, praise God! I stay far away from anyone I feel will not be receptive and wait for God to let me know if I am to speak.

There was a thread about this a while ago and there is a scripture about speaking when you are asked.
1Pe 3:15
(ASV)  but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:

I am blessed as you with a like-minded spouse. I think there are a lot of us here without that. Relish that fact and spend your time reinforcing your beliefs with her so that when the time comes and God tells you to speak, you will be ready to do so in love and with God's wisdom.

I am wondering if you should be "throwing your pearls" at this time?

Blessings, Linny

Kent

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2008, 03:56:13 AM »

I have shared some of this with my children and their spouses. Without going into much detail my oldest daughter and husband feel we are in a cult?? when sharing with them all conversations are met with opposition and an effort to set us straight?

lq

Been there. Done that. Just like everyone else here, I am sure.
It doesn't make sense, on a carnal level, why people react like they do. You have been set free of this babylonian churchianity nonsense, and you want loved ones to be set free too. I understand that.

Your eyes were opened by God. It will take another "act of God" to open their eyes too. Dont hold your new freedom in such low regard that you throw it away and go into depression because of how other people react. Please remember exactly Who is in control here.

IMO you might consider using your time to study and pray, instead. You are among like-minded people here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:00:24 AM by Kent »

EKnight

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 12:38:43 PM »

This is what I have learned and I thank God I live by that NOW. Be not fooled into thinking I mean it's now easy. NO, it's not. The cross is not to be ENJOYED but to be ENDURED!

Hebrews 12: 1 -3 (NIV) Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Next time my 23 year old son whines about having no reason to live in this miserable world, I will use the above to respond.  Thanks tebza4Jesus!

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 07:50:30 PM »

hello lq. i too have felt that lonely feeling, especially after i first read through and was shown by God the absolute marvelous truths contained in the scriptures. i discussed certain things such as tithing and the lie of eternal torment with some of my family members. we were all raised in a southern baptist church. my daughter (age 29) is open to learning more and actually gets excited hearing the things i discuss with her from the bt website. one of my sisters that i am closest to listens to me and "appears" to understand, but then falls back into the babylonian teachings. the family member that i have so longed for to hear and understand the truths as opposed to the lies is my mother. she is 81 yrs old and loves God and Christ Jesus, and is alway studying the Word. my father died unexpectedly 4 yrs ago at the age of 80. my momma and daddy raised me and my 4 siblings in the Word, and led us off to our babylonian church every sunday morning and evening. they were deeply in love with each other and were absolute wonderful examples of how love between a man and woman looks. my parents studied the Word every morning for as long as i can remember. my father went to his grave to sleep the restful sleep without ever knowing that some of his most deeply seeded beliefs were lies. one day i was talking to my momma about eternal torment/hell. she listened intently and even agreed that what i was sharing made sense, BUT then she said that she has believed what she has believed for all her life and wasn't going to change her thinking now. another time when i was visiting her at our family home, i was reading directly to her from one of the teachings i had printed off from rays writings. it was about the purpose of the fall harvest. as i read outloud my momma listened quietly. i could see in her face that she was listening but i could sense in my spirit that she was afraid to "hear". then she interrupted me by saying very firmly, "stop claudia, just stop". i knew it was over. i have known from the beginning (after learning from ray's teachings confirmed by the Word) that God has to drag/draw people unto Himself, and that it is He that opens their eyes and ears to the spritiual understanding, but, my heart felt like it was breaking for my own momma turning away to such wonderful Truths. i mean for all my life, she was my living example of a virtuous woman. anyway, long story short, i closed my notebook of bt teachings which i have copied, and went to my old bedroom and cried. i asked God to forgive me for causing my momma any heartache. i have had to let go of my trying to show my earthly family these wonderful gems of truth. one day they will "see" and understand, when God shows them. i have to be content in knowing that.

your sister in Christ,
claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.