bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks Everyone!!  (Read 3317 times)

youthfortruth

Thanks Everyone!!
« on: August 20, 2008, 12:18:43 AM »

Thanks everyone for all your kind words and heartwarming welcome!

OBrenda, I thank you for your encouraging remarks regarding "Normal Behavior. I'm really sorry that your loved ones are struggling with issues smiler to mine, and that they have yet to grasp the concept of what we like to call "Normal". I, like you, remain confident though in what lies ahead for their future. I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers. God Bless you!

Steveernater, thank you for making me feel more at home! it's very interesting you ask:

"The next step is to figure out where to go from here"

I've often pondered the same question. I sometimes think: how can someone like me get the word out?

I often hear ray in his audios say something along the lines of: "It would be great if we could reach more people. Although only 65,000 sites are ahead of bible truths, we still need to preach this message"

As an aspiring young person, I feel that maybe, just maybe, this is my calling. However I know the material on bibletruths is certainly teachable, as demonstrated by many who have been blessed, but is it preachable in today's society?

I would certainly think so. Then again, I'm not so sure. When I see people active in their youth groups or church ice cream socials, I think to myself: can I pull them out of false doctrine and lead them closer to Christ through these teachings? I hope I don't sound conceited in my questions. Ray may have answered this is another e mail, and I can understand why one might find this idea of spreading the good news unlikely. I just feel that with the knowledge I've attained, I can bring this to others in some way.

I recently read about this prominent African American preacher named Carlton Pearson, whom had converted from a die hard Oral Roberts influenced preacher, (Oral Roberts was his mentor) to spreading the gospel of Universal Reconciliation. In the process, he lost many members of his church, was declared a heretic by Oral Roberts, and was forced to shut down. His story can be seen on Youtube and read about through other internet sources.  Carlton Pearson may not share all of our beliefs, but I feel his courage is to be applauded. It's a shame how Christian heresy continues to indoctrinate their unscriptural teachings in people. I'm determined to do something about it. It could be 5, 10 , even 20 years from now, but like I said in my previous post:  "With God, All things are possible"

Thanks again for all your kind words! everyone here is wonderful and I look forward in getting to know each of you better in the years ahead!

God Bless!!
                    Andrew

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win."

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Thanks Everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 03:20:06 AM »

Hi Andrew.  Ray has answered similar questions in a lot of emails and deals with it quite in depth in his 'Winning Souls' paper.  I think your best answers may be in there.

I do want to share a bit with you, though.

'Seeing' the truth plain in scriptures is something of a supernatural event for those indoctrinated in orthodox teachings.  It's a spiritual transformation and can ONLY be accomplished by the spirit of God.  As Ray and BT have given evidence, this Gospel CAN be taught and ought to be.  Such 'foolishness of preaching' is the very thing God uses to perform this miracle, often.  So I DO think you should, with wisdom, act where God is leading you to act.

The truth is, though, that not many will respond...at least immediately.  That, too, is part of God's plan--many called, few chosen.  You can see from the response to B-T that many will respond VERY negatively.  Can you grow to deal with that and count it all joy?

My own 'impulse' is to share this Gospel with people NOT in churches.  I'm too new to this to have any experiences to tell you or even know whether there is any wisdom in this.  But my sense is, that such people may be more open to the original Gospel than 'church-folk', though the Spirit of God must drag them to Himself as well.  And if they do, what do you do with them?

This is not an easy Gospel recieved with a 15-second prayer and a small bath.  One has to work hard just to understand the basics, though the Spirit aides us tremendously.  This isn't for ice-cream social Christians.  But if God opens thier eyes through your efforts, and thier hearts are changed to desire to live Godly, you will have done a glorious thing.

Pray for wisdom and oppurtunity.  When God is ready, you'll find out whether YOU are.  He already knows.   

I hope that helps in your thinking.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

WhoAmI

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 04:16:29 AM »

Andrew,

Your motivation is great! We surely can pick up on it. Keep reading and learning. Talk about your journey and ask for advice. There are many on here who will direct and route you to many of Ray's articles if you have a certain question. We are here to help one another. Stay humble and enjoy that joy that is in God's message.

Jeff

youthfortruth

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:22:49 PM »

Yes indeed Dave, that really helped. Thank you!
                                                      Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.