bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats next  (Read 7248 times)

AK4

Whats next
« on: August 19, 2008, 02:28:39 PM »

Here's an interesting email that Ray responded to that i thought may be a good topic in here.

Dear Ray.I don't wish to take up your time as I know that you must be very busy.My name is Danny ....... I am 61years old and have been searching for the truth for a very long time. I found your site a couple of months ago and I cannot get enough.I am about half through reading your fine work and will start over when I finish.I know you may not remember but I am the person that told you that I have just about worn out my printer.I can't thank you enough for your help.I don't go to church any more because I could not ever accept the things that were taught. I was raised in the south by a baptist mother and was required to go to church without exception.The pastor scared me to death many times when I was a boy and the fear of eternal hell fire played on my mind constantly but I could not understand why a loving god would do such a terrible thing to anyone.I tried and tried to read and understand the bible over the years but always became very frustrated.I prayed and preyed for help and I know that God has answered and sent you and every day I thank him andI thank you. Now for my question.When every one is saved and Jesus turns the kingdom over to God what happens next? If you don't have the time to answer I will very much understand.Again thank you so much for your help and may God bless you. very truly Danny

Dear Danny: I have only been asked that question a couple of times in nine years, but believe it or not the very email I just answered before yours asked the same question. This sort of thing happens maybe once every few years, so maybe God is showing me that it is time to talk about it. We have but three Scriptures which speak directly on things that endure the consummation of the ages, and continue throughout the Kingdom of God, and are stated to "have no end," or suggest "no end."  I will not speculate at this time beyond what the Scriptures specifically tell us, although I believe there is move to be gleaned from them, but I will reserve my thoughts on that till a later date.

[1]   Luk 1:33-- And He [Jesus] shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever [Gk: 'eons'--plural]; and OF  His kingdom [His 'kingdom,' not His 'reign'] there shall be no end.

COMMENT:  Jesus' "reign" lasts "for the eons," or "a thousand years." I will explain the spiritual meaning of "a thousand years" in future Installments of my "Lake of Fire" series. So the reign of Jesus ends (I Cor. 15:25), but what was accomplished through His reign (that which is "OF" His Kingdom), will have "NO end."

[2]  (KJV) Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end

(ASV) Of the increase of his government and of peace there shall be no end

(Bishops)  He shall make no ende to encrease the rule & peace

(CLV) To the increase of the chieftainship, and to the welfare shall be no end

(Rotherham) Of the increase of dominion, and of prosperity, There shall be no end—

(YLT) To the increase of the princely power, And of peace, there is no end

COMMENT:  So these things will not only continue into eternity, they will increase:  "government & peace," "rule & peace," "chieftain ship & welfare," "dominion & prosperity," "princely power & peace."

[3]  "That God may be ALL in all" (I Cor. 15:28).

COMMENT:  I believe that the "may be" in this verse carries the connotation that after all the things that go before (Jesus bringing ALL enemies into subjection and death abolished) that the next phase of God's purpose is now read to BEGIN.  I do not believe that God being "All in all" is the "end" but the "beginning" of a whole new world!  I may have more to say on this in future studies.

God be with you,

Ray

OBrenda

Re: Whats next
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »

However enjoyable to imagine this, the scriptures tell us we can't know completely!
Which is amazing because I think we imagine it spectacular

Peace sounds wonderful!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 02:49:53 PM by OBrenda »

carol v

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »

Great post Brenda. God has created us to be purposeful, imaginative, project-oriented...well the list goes on and on. For this reason, I have always thought that sitting around enjoying "peace" was not the purpose of God's work is us.

Just an opinion.

WhoAmI

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »

Next is coming, but I am to busy with now. And soon next will be history but I still will be busy with now.  ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

Great post Brenda. God has created us to be purposeful, imaginative, project-oriented...well the list goes on and on. For this reason, I have always thought that sitting around enjoying "peace" was not the purpose of God's work is us.

Just an opinion.

An opinion I share.  Even in the natural, vacations can get boring after a while.  I will be very happy if there is no under-employment in the Kingdom.  Amen.  That, and the sure knoweldge that we will have a GREAT boss.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

musicman

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 09:36:47 PM »

I hope they give out unemployment checks in the kingdom.

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:04 PM »

Sorry...

I just can't imagine, being bored sitting and listening at the feet of Jesus....

Let Martha do the dishes......  :P

Luke 10:40
She [Martha]had a sister named Mary, who sat down at the Lord's feet and kept listening to what he was saying.
But Martha was worrying about all the things she had to do, so she came to him and asked, "Lord, you do care that my sister has left me to do the work all by myself, don't you? Then tell her to help me."
But the Lord answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things;
But there's only one thing you need. Mary has chosen what is better, and it is not to be taken away from her."
................................................................................

Your Bratty Sister in Christ,
Brenda
 ;D

Falgn0n

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 09:13:11 AM »

I am and always have been a bit of a Sci-Fi Fan - Always looking to what might be in the future. Even now, as an IT guy, I'm obsessed with imagining what the world of computers will become.  Since I was a boy, I have been obsessed with the world of tomorrow and as I grew up and began to learn the Word, well - I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT for the ages to be consummated already so we can see Him as He is and begin to experience the things He has in store for us - things that are "...above and beyond all that we can think or imagine..." (but God has revealed them to us by His Spirit).

I have heard many ideas and theories (some rather far-out ones, too, although none of those can compare to the speculations and ideas I've got about what it will be like .... hehehe) and ALL of them seem to have one thing in common - IT WILL BE AWESOME!!

I have always wondered about the one thing that sets us apart from the rest of creation: "Creativity" - it is the one thing we've got that nothing else in the physical creation has: The Ability to "CREATE" new things out of our imagination.
We are being made in the image of our Creator - to CREATE.

I believe that it is a part of God's plan for our future that we will CREATE with Him - all sorts of things, anything we can imagine, even new worlds! (does that sound far-out? hehehe) - We have imagination, we have the ability to think creatively and we have a drive inside of us to LEAD and BE IN CONTROL (for example: we insist that we have our own "Will" to do those things we want to do, even in defiance of God who made us.....)

I believe that God is "grooming" us to have GREAT WISDOM in knowing good and evil BEFORE he purges it out of us because CAN YOU IMAGINE HAVING VIRTUALLY UNLIMITED POWER TO ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING WE CAN IMAGINE!? If there is but a trace of selfishness/evil in any of us - IMAGINE THE DESTRUCTION!!!

If Jesus (The Word, the One through Whom all things came to be) is called our "brother" and if God is making us in His Image, and if the very deception that satan used on eve was the idea that she could be "LIKE GOD" (which God confirmed, btw - ref: Gen 3:22) and if we are to be "LIKE HIM" when we see Him as He is.... Well.... to me that sounds like we will have GREAT AUTHORITY AND POWER.....

;)

Falgn0n

AK4

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:12 AM »

Falgnon,

Im right there with you.  Fortunately and unfornately when i was searching for the Truth i read a book by Herbert Armstrong called Mystery of the Ages and its basically saying that Mankind is destined to beautify God's garden, the ever expanding universe.  That added another bucket of water to my already wet appetite for the cosmos.  I watch alot of discovery channel, natgeo, and the like channels on the universe and my imagination runs wild about being able to create and watch new life on different planets throughout the universe.  I better stop here cause i could ramble about this for awhile.

All in all, i remember the verse that, No eye has seen, no hear has heard, no MIND has concieved what God has prepared for those who love Him.

Man i cant wait,

Anthony

OBrenda

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 10:52:52 AM »

I keep wondering what God is up to with those black holes?

I suppose if Father God created everything through Jesus, and we are to be like him, possibly he could create through us also....it almost seems sinful to think of ourselves that way?

WOW,
Brenda

Falgn0n

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »

Brenda, I don't believe it to be sinful at all, consider this FANTASTIC quote:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
 - Marianne Williamson -

(Although it is often inaccurately attributed to Nelson Mandela, who also quoted it once)

Falgn0n

AK4

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »

I agree Falgnon,

On my journey (its still going and what a fantastic voyage (get it?) to learn the Truth I read something that was saying that we will be "Gods".  I almost through it all out, but as i come futher and further into the Truth its like well, we WILL be like "gods", being like Jesus. 

Ro 8:29 - Show Context
For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

When i was in Babylon this is an unheard of, blasphemic thought.  But i know now there is a difference,  we will be like Jesus, not the Father and that is what i think "christainity" doesnt see.

NIce quote too Falgnon.

In Jesus,

Anthony

Falgn0n

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »

Sorry, it occurred to me that I left that thought unfinished...

It says: "anyone who claims to abide in Jesus, should walk as he did" - 1Jn 2:6
(forgive me if I paraphrase - I used to have so many scriptures memorised that I could recite verbatim from the NIV, but I lost that skill when I started reading and comparing different versions. I got confused about the wording you see... lol)

My point is that Jesus knew where He came from and to where He was going .... we do too, don't we? We know where we're gonna end up, right?

So WHAT IS THERE TO FEAR!?
Yes, I suppose we don't know if we will have to still undergo the post-resurrection gehenna fire or not - most likely we will (at least, I expect that I will have to.....) but we know what comes after that, don't we?

So what's stopping us from living RADICALLY, like Jesus did, like the apostles did? Most people will claim they fear that they are inadequate, unable to perform the proud boasts they claim - in our case, I suppose we fear that we will preach righteousness and then discover ourselves to be sinful
(WELL - DUUUH!)

but the quote I referred to says the opposite - and that's really my thought here.  We are the called & elect of God (to be in this forum you have to be either one or the other...) - what stops us from LOVING the way He did, LIVING the way He did? Is it fear of DEATH? - unlikely, fear of RIDICULE? - less likely, fear of being found to be as sinful as the next guy? - possibly - but mostly, I think, it's the fear of what we know we're capable of.

Fear of the influence we could have in the lives of the people around us.

Jesus did NEVER shrink- he stood out like a sore thumb. Jesus was not afraid of leadership - he was not afraid to be what He was called to be. He was not afraid of ANYTHING.
In spite of what they did to Him, he stood up to everyone. He told Pilate: "...you would not be able to kill me if that power were not given to you from above..."
Stephen continued to stand for the Truth about Jesus even while they stoned Him.

We know who were are - the called and elect of God... We represent the power of all that Jesus stood for and demonstrated in this life.
We will judge angels

Of all the creation of God - we are the pinnacle (which is why we suffer the most, I guess.. learning obedience through suffering...)

No - it is not sinful to picture God creating through us - in fact - He does so already! every painting, every song, every poem - is BRAND NEW CREATION that comes from the inside of the artist - who (as we already know) has no FREE WILL of his own, but carries out the life God prepared for him. What is that if not God creating THROUGH US?

:D

OBrenda

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 09:23:07 PM »

WOW and again I say WOW,

Being created, a creative type....lol  ;)
Some of my oppression from the teachings of Babylon have been to label my interests/personality as carnal.
I've always felt stifled and judged to tone it down.  I knew I was set free when I found BT.  And you guys are shining a light on an area, that feels like a kid lookings at a hot fudge ice cream sundae.

WOW,
Brenda
 :'(

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 09:37:15 PM »

Me too, Brenda.  Kinda makes me feel like an Isely Brother...You know it makes me wanna shout.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AK4

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »

And you guys are shining a light on an area, that feels like a kid lookings at a hot fudge ice cream sundae.

LOL  :) :D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.