bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is required of a disciple?  (Read 22193 times)

Daniel

What is required of a disciple?
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 05:34:37 AM »

Great post Chrissie, its great to read others "digging around" especially when its thought out, I covet your ability to write things clearly as you do. Thank you for taking your time to labour in the word and your sharing :D

You pretty much covered it, I was looking for anything to add, and not much, I ran into The "doctrine you HAVE LEARNED" to see how best does Paul expound about whats most important. I realize that the doctrine OF Christ is AFTER Godliness, the power of Godliness not just a FORM of it. And Ran into (after that) a verse concerning LEARNED "CHRIST" You Learn HIM. Coming to the knowledge OF HIM (WHO IS the Truth). Its HIM who sets free its HIM who is THE Truth not just answers to our questions but HIM. Created IN HIM unto good works, is why one can SHEW His WORKS "out OF" the meekness OF Wisdom (Christ). The Man it comes from whether the Hidden man (spiritual man) or out OF the Earthly Man with his corruptible vain conversation :lol: That why we add to our faith, knowledge, brotherly kindness (actions) experience (reality here) etc end up a furtherance of the knowledge OF HIM. Even though knowledge is "previously mentioned" as a building block for "adding to" ones faith and "these" abounding in you will keep you from becoming UNBARREN or UNFRUITFUL in your knowledge OF HIM. Enjoyed your post and your work in the word.

Just addding a few (nothing mind blowing here) :lol:

Romans 16:17 Now I BESEECH YOU, brethren, MARK THEM which CAUSE[/b] DIVISIONS and OFFENSES contrary TO the doctrine which ye HAVE LEARNED; and AVOID THEM. [/u]

Ephes 4:20 But ye have NOT so LEARNED "CHRIST"[/b] (good read) Notice the CAUSE divisions and offfenses above? In short its our actions Ephes 4:1 WALK worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called Ephes 4:3 ENDEAVORING "to keep" the UNITY of the Spirit IN the BOND of PEACE. Ephes 4:11 giving some, Ephes4:12 For the PERFECTING of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the EDIFYING of the body of Christ: Ephes 4:13 TILL we all come in the UNITY of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Ephes 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, "tossed to and fro", and carried about with every wind of doctrine (by deceiving men) Ephes 4:15 But "speaking the truth" IN LOVE, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ Ephes 4:16... in short... EDIFYING of itself IN LOVE.

Ephes 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be "put away from you", with all malice[/u]

Ephes 4:32 And BE YE KIND one to another, TENDERHEARTED, FORGIVING one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Phl 1:15 SOME indeed PREACH CHRIST even OF ENVY and STRIFE; and SOME also of GOOD WILL[/u]

Jamees 3:13 WHO is a wise man and endued with knowledge AMONG YOU?  LET HIM SHEW OUT OF a GOOD CONVERSATION "his works" with "MEEKNESS OF wisdom"

James 3:14But IF ye have bitter ENVYING and STRIFE IN your HEARTS, glory NOT, and LIE NOT AGAINST the TRUTH.

James 3:15 THIS wisdom descendeth NOT from above, but is EARTHLY, SENSUAL, DEVILISH.[/u] :shock:  

James 3:16 For WHERE "envying and strife" IS, THERE is CONFUSION and every EVIL WORK. :shock:  

1Cr 14:23 For God IS NOT[/u] the AUTHOR of CONFUSION[/u], but OF PEACE[/b], as in all churches of the saints.

James 3:17 But the WISDOM that is "FROM ABOVE" is FIRST PURE, then PEACEABLE, GENTLE, and EASY "to be intreated", FULL of MERCY and GOOD FRUITS, WITHOUT PARTIALITY, and WITHOUT HYPOCRICY.

James 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is SOWN IN peace OF them that MAKE PEACE.[/u]

Mathew 5:9 BLESSED are the PEACEMAKERS :idea:  for they shall be called the children of God.

Contrary to this

Prov 6:14 FROWARDNESS is "in his heart", he "deviseth mischief" continually; he SOWETH DISCORD.

Prov 6:16 These SIX things doth the LORD HATE: yea, SEVEN are an ABOMINATION unto him: (notice the Seventh listed) :shock:

Prov 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

Prov 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

The Discord part is the one that tops it off as an Abomination

Prov 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and HE that SOWETH DISCORD AMONG THE BRETHREN.

Kind of forms a buch of raunchy body parts don't it? :lol:  Notice the numbers? :shock:

God bless you Chrissie

Daniel

Gill

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 07:40:46 AM »

Quote from: SteveB

YOu did misunderstand:)

I wasnt saying go along if they are wrong, i was saying they are capable of being wrong. Being of 'one mind' means speaking with one voice, with one Lord and one God.

Thanks for clearing that up, Steve.  I'm sorry to have jumped-the-gun and used the 'cult-like' reference.  I do get a bit over-nervous about these things ...been there done that etc.  Can't help wondering though, if we could all get a bit too twitchy about 'heretics' or 'demons' etc. in the same way :?:  

I would like to say that i'm so thankful for Ray's writings.  I appreciate his straightforwardness and he comes across as someone who has really thought long and hard about the big and deep issues of life.  At times, even his sarcasm and strong/direct approach has been really helpful in knocking down some of the terrible things i had been taught to believe.  If i could be really selfish, i'd take a good few weeks and pick his brains about all of those questions that bug me  :lol: ...but the poor man is always getting asked to write this and that ~ i'm so grateful for what he has already done!

Chrissie, thanks for posting all of those scriptures, and Daniel too.  I don't have time at the mo to look through them thoroughly. Will do later  :)

orion77

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »

Great reading going on here.  Something I would like to add, that is required of a disciple:

(Rev 20:4)  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Being beheaded, spiritually is what happens to us when we truly have the mind of Christ.  Knowing the carnal mind is an enemy of God.  

John the babtists physical death has greater spiritual significance.  Our true walk begins when we are beheaded of our carnal mind and begin to put on the mind of Christ.  A process that begins at this point.

It truly is a new life, new mind, new walk, being born again.  Not as the world talks of born again, but a whole new paradigm.  Truly amazing!!

God bless,

Gary

eutychus

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 10:52:06 AM »

Quote from: orion77
Great reading going on here.  Something I would like to add, that is required of a disciple:

(Rev 20:4)  And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God, and such as worshipped not the beast, neither his image, and received not the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand; and they lived, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Being beheaded, spiritually is what happens to us when we truly have the mind of Christ.  Knowing the carnal mind is an enemy of God.  

John the babtists physical death has greater spiritual significance.  Our true walk begins when we are beheaded of our carnal mind and begin to put on the mind of Christ.  A process that begins at this point.

It truly is a new life, new mind, new walk, being born again.  Not as the world talks of born again, but a whole new paradigm.  Truly amazing!!

God bless,

Gary

excellent,

Christ is the head of the body :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

love
chuckt

rocky

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2006, 10:39:14 AM »

What is a disciple:  

2Co 4:10  always bearing about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our body.

2Co 4:11  For we who live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus may be manifested in our mortal flesh.

2Co 4:12  So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.