bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proverbs 5:15  (Read 5403 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Proverbs 5:15
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:45:27 PM »

Hi Ray

I was wondering if you could tell me what you think this passage means in the bible. 
        Proverbs 5:15    Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.  I have a theory (the baby floats in it in the mothers womb, they call it embryonic fluid but the  real name is urine, without it the baby's lungs would not grow and it would die)  but I want to hear what you think it means. I appriciate it very very much...

Thank you

Dear Bev:  Not quite. You need to read the rest of the verses regarding this thought:

Pro 5:15 Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well.

Pro 5:16 Let thy fountains be dispersed abroad, and rivers of waters in the streets.

Pro 5:17 Let them be only thine own, and not strangers' with thee.

Pro 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

Pro 5:19 Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.

Pro 5:20 And why wilt thou, my son, be ravished with a strange woman, and embrace the bosom of a stranger?

Verse 15 is explained in the next verses and fully explained in verse 19.

Drinking from one's own cistern means having sexual love with one's own WIFE, and not a "strange woman."

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.