bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 4623 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: August 19, 2008, 11:33:55 PM »

Thanks for you paper on tithing. I was in church last Sunday and our pastor who is leaving in two weeks blasted the congregation with this robbing and steeling from God sermon. He held off on taking up an offering till the end of the sermon. Oh and he replaced the alter call with the offering. Some walked out and others placed their money back in their bible. The rest got up as instructed and walked to the alter and placed their “tithe” in plate while others looked around to see who was not getting up and robbing God. My family and I will visit another church for two weeks. I did a paper on this very thing in college and had been telling my wife about this very thing. My wife cried most of the day thinking about how our family is stealing from God. We have five children and I work three jobs to make it. We give what we can and donate tons of time to the youth program in our church after the paid youth pastor left. We told them to put the money they were paying the youth pastor back into the youth account. I made a copy of your paper and gave it to my wife and told her to pray before she reads it and to have an open mind. The truth has now set her free and the tears have stopped. I told her that the peace that she feels is from the love of her God that has wrapped his arms around her a has told her that it is OK and that his love is unconditional. Thanks again for allowing God to use you to offer comfort to those that feel abused.

Sincerely,

Todd
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.