bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: strongs concordance  (Read 14209 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: strongs concordance
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »

Well...at least I got a little practice in.   ;D ;D

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Linny

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 12:02:41 AM »

I started to say good bye to 'ole Sam in my last post as I expected that he'd be "leaving" us soon. ;)

chuckt

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 08:57:02 AM »

Why is it we put so much confidence in our interpretation of the word in the strongs concordance, and not let Gods inspired word teach.  Does not the word tell us to rightly divide the word, so there is a right way to divide and a wrong way to divide. I believe the word is inspired by God hes the author of it right. So what im saying is dont draw all your conclusions and interpretations of words from a strongs that is not inspired by god,this can be very misleading. What would some people do without their strongs concordance? 

Greetings in Christ...

Strange thing is it was the holy Spirit whom told me to get a concordant and not trust mens translation!

Pro 25:2 [It is] the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings [is] to search out a matter.

all one has to do is look at the definitions and see the added defintions to some words.

example:

Sh@'owl TWOT - 2303c
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
sheh-ole'      Noun Feminine 

Definition
sheol, underworld, grave, hell, pit
the underworld Sheol - the OT designation for the abode of the dead
place of no return without praise of God wicked sent there for punishment righteous not abandoned to it of the place of exile (fig) of extreme degradation in sin 

a little study will show us sheol means grave not a place of concious punishment.

that what i say  ;D :P

and this is why so much confusion abounds:

Did you know on the cross Yeshua qouted from psalms? and did you know Yeshua had faith that his father and God would raise him up three days later?

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in the unseen, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption .....

Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Yeshua DID indeed have FAITH his father would do what was written of him!!!

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in the unseen, neither his BODY did see corruption.

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

spirit back to god who gave it.
body lay in tomb for three days
soul in the unseen for three days.

good news eh? YESHUA CHRIST REALLY REALLY did die for us!!

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

inlove
euty
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:59:23 AM by chuckt »

Samson

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »

Thankyou Krista, Craig and Carol,

If I wanted to argue my belief structure and how I interpret Scripture, all I would have to do is rejoin the Jehovah's Witnesses,  ::) ::) ::).

This is a place of Fellowship, refuge, a place to discuss Ray's Teachings, a place to find comfort from this World of Religious Hypocrisy and deceit.

In my 52 years of life, I have yet to find an individual like Ray, insofar as providing every Scripture, Explanation and Example to support his position on how he interprets any particular Bible Subject or Doctrine.

We all hope and pray that Ray fully recovers, not only for his sake, but also for Our's. We do well to remember what the Apostle said at: Acts. 20:29,30- " I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves. "

Now I know that God's Spirit is working in Ray enabling him to teach us these wonderfull truths, but it's good to stay alert and cautious. Although the above Scripture was supposed to happen, Let's pray that God protects us from becoming a casualty.

Thanks again Craig for stepping in, although we can't read Hearts as to Samuels true motive, " Out of the Heart's Abundance, the mouth speaks "

Kind Regards, Samson.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2008, 04:47:18 PM »

I thought it would be only fair to let Samuel3 to get his parting shot ;)  So he won't think we fear him.

I got kicked out of your site because i am not of like mind with your false teachings, what kind of site is this. You cant handle a little pressure so we just kick them out.  What a bunch of pussies bible truths is.

mharrell08

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

LOL!

Thanks Craig,

Marques

AK4

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2008, 04:56:51 PM »

I think the way you Mods do is a great thing.  They let him state what he believed.  Argue it two or three times and then if he(or anyone else) dont see the Light then out they go.

Hats off to you guys! :)

carol v

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »

I've been called worse  :o

Brian

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2008, 05:15:48 PM »

Interesting Comments.  ::)
The First book that I purchased when I realized there was something 'wrong' with the translation I had was Strong's. It has served me well over many years. It will serve me well for many years to come, if the Lord wills. It is true, as Ray has pointed out, that it is riddled with personal bias on some points. But that is a known issue, at least it should be known, with all uninspired works.

Would someone explain to me how 'spontaneity' and 'liberality' translate into unrestricted?  ???

;D ;D ;D

OBrenda

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »

What a potty mouth.... :o 
Which reveals to us the spirit & heart of Samuel!

Someone needs to wash his mouth out with fire.... ;D 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:20:24 PM by OBrenda »

DizzyD

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »

Howdy yall, just had to comment on this one,
from the abundance of the heart words  flows from the tongue, samuel3 said:

"God has given to man a freewill to will as he pleases. God wills that all men be saved, is that going to happen NO." Thereby he believes God will not have as He desires. he also believes that Adams' transgression has more power than Christs' sacrifice.

He is evidently a potty mouth and it needs to be washed out with fullers soap.

David

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2008, 07:51:21 PM »

Along with the Spirit of God, tools such as strongs and e-sword are invaluable for Bible study IMO. I don't think they are used for interpretation, so much as correctly translating. With a King James Bible, these tools are invaluable in weeding out the errors in the translation.

cjwood

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 01:38:20 AM »

The user agreement says:
This is not the place to decide if you agree with the teaching of L.Ray Smith, but a place you can retreat to when you do.

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship, and secondarily to discuss and question what they learn on bible-truths.com.

If you seriously disagree with Ray, please email him directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

This is the second person this week to come here NOT in agreement. I am personally not coming here to debate with people about what I believe, I can do that (and have to do that) everywhere else. If someone does not see the truth in the scriptures we can do nothing to convince them, we can only pray. It is futile to argue with these people and we are not supposed to have to defend our beliefs here.

Amen KristaD! i am glad someone reminded us what this forum is for.

claudia
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.